Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The left hand
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 11, 2011 01:50PM

I had an interesting dream last night. I met this giant, and became friends for several years. Then one day he remembered that he was "X" of historical accounts. (the name I don't remember, but it was someone in myths) To support his claim he took off a prosthesis from his right hand. There was some other evidence but that was the best. He said he forgot from the shock. Its also when he stopped going to war, and became a vegetarian. He claimed that using the left hand made one more sensitive and kind, also more intelligent.

I have heard of interesting people in history being left handed, and a lot of creative artists are or were. Does anyone know of any legend of a giant who lost his right hand? I found this whole dream very curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The left hand
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2011 02:17PM

In dream interpretation every person who appears in your sleep world is only another aspect of yourself. You are this left handed giant my friend.

Date: January 11, 2011 07:22PM

There is always the possibility that there is something literally true about a dream. But how often do people dream about something exactly as things are? I will have to think about how this left handed giant relates to me.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 11, 2011 09:48PM

This is wild!

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 11, 2011 10:05PM

I was curious, so I did a Google search. There does seem to be an Irish story about a Giant who lost his right hand (in some accounts0. Have you heard of the legend of Finn Maccool?

[books.google.com]

Date: January 12, 2011 01:37PM

Veghunter,
Thank you for doing the search. How exactly did you find it? Sometimes I do searches and it yields nothing. That story is very, very interesting. Another detail of the dream was that the giant did look northern european, also it took place in a flat area covered with moss, low grass, rock, and on a cliff overlooking the sea. Quite often that is what the landscape looks like in northern england, and I assume Ireland also.

Thank you. I thought that was funny, the guy who wishes he was wearing a diaper when this or that happens! The part about the strength being in the middle finger, that wasn't in the dream.

Date: January 12, 2011 01:56PM

Heh, the strength being in the middle finger isn't in all versions of the tale either, but this one seemed to have some parallels with what you described. I'm not sure what it means though. Do you often have dreams that correspond to myth and legend?

As far as the Google search, I think I just put in "giant right hand" and found some vague references to Finn. So, I then tried Finn MacCool right hand and got a better account of the story. I think with searches, it's hit or miss. I remember reading a medical blog one time where a doctor was describing how frustrating it must be for patients to find information about various conditions. As an example, he put in the major symptoms of one disease and got one relevant hit. He put in the actual medical term and got thousands of hits.

Date: January 12, 2011 02:08PM

Veghunter,
I don't recall many dreams which correspond with myth and legend. I have had very interesting, detailed ones which I wrote down several years ago. I was suprised. I would have too really search my things to see if I still have it. But, I remember writing it down and it took like 20 pages to write it all down.

That was a story about being an ancient samurai. I don't remember anything about it now, other than it was about a samurai. Interestingly enough I never really thought much about it before or since then. I never heard of this Irish legend before this, so its pretty exciting/interesting. There was something else about the dream, but I forgot it. Maybe I will have a repeat dream of it, as I sometimes have the same exact dream, or one that is very similiar.

Date: January 12, 2011 02:16PM

I forgot to mention, the samurai dream was impossible to tell apart from daily waking consciousness. I don't recall anything which alerted me to the fact that something it was a dream. I sometimes know that I am dreaming, but usually wake up shortly after that. Most dreams for me have a sort of soft out of focus look and feel, or something takes place which can't happen in our physical world. The giant dream was very clear image wise also.

Date: January 12, 2011 03:15PM

Yeah, lucid dreams are pretty cool. I can see why small children sometimes have trouble differentiating dreams from reality.

Date: January 12, 2011 03:18PM

I had a vivid flying dream when I was 3, encouraged me to jump off the back porch. You can still see the scar where my top teeth went straight through my bottom lip.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:10PM

You actually jumped off the back porch? Or just in the dream? Or jumped while you were still asleep? I used to confuse tv programs with reality, when I was a child. I remember going outside, and being afraid of zombies coming, because that was what was on tv. But when the show was over, it was ok, because they were no longer coming.

I also remember really being afraid of a glowing blob that ate everything, because that was on 'johnny quest'. Actually was my fav show. I actually expected to see the blob outside. Which didn't make sense at all, it was a cartoon.

Oddly enough, as an Adult I wonder if everything 'made up' in entertainment, if it exists somewhere, somehow, in a different dimension. For instance, there might be a "Simpsons" universe, where everything looks like a cartoon.

Date: January 12, 2011 05:18PM

I had a Very vivid dream that I was flying over my mom's head to the corner store and we were having a little chat along the way. She was completely calm and that lent to the reality of the dream in a strange sort of way. If she was taking it in stride my 3 year old mind reasoned that it must have been a perfectly normal occurrence. So the next day I jumped off the back steps to fly. Ouch.
Walking to the corner store should have tipped me off, all they sold was candy there and no way was my hippie mom calmly taking me over for any of that!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables