Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone tried this health care plan?
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:56PM

It includes:

Making a container of fresh organic veggie juice every day which often includes things that the average person would say "eww gross"!

Peeling yourself off the couch,putting on walking shoes,and getting in a daily walk no matter if its snowing,or raining,or 12 degrees out.

Hauling your butt down to a basement gym to do a workout with weights 3 days a week.

Getting into Scripture every day.

Giving thanks for every good meal,and the appreciation of the foods of the earth.

Keeping the tv off as much as possible.

I have been trying this plan for a while now and it seems to be working wonders.
I am determined to stay off the mainstream medical grid.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 04:58PM by eaglefly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone tried this health care plan?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2011 05:27PM

#4 is off my list and I'd like to add limiting internet and cell phone time as well. I am thinking about how to exist without those two entirely in fact. I could be out for a walk right now instead of sitting here my desk. I'm outta here...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:59PM

Good plan. You John the Baptist, you smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 12, 2011 09:12PM

Great ideas! I, too, want to go on media "fasts" much more frequently!smiling smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 12, 2011 09:25PM

Eaglefly, thats a large portion of my regimen, except lately the juicing has suffered from lack of funds for it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 12, 2011 10:05PM

Cool everyone.

Yes the juicing seems to strain the wallet at times.Especially in the winter.But I try to get in a 16oz container every day.Its made from carrot,beet,cabbage,cucumber,apple,celery,and I hand crank my greens in a manual juicer.

This plan is so simple,with no fancy pills or powders,or gizmos,or fads.

I will stay on it and report back often.
One thing I want to accomplish someday it to be totally grain free.Bread seems to be the hardest thing to let go of,but for that I eat only the sprouted varieties.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 10:09PM by eaglefly.

Date: January 12, 2011 10:11PM

I would also like to add that getting into Scripture has helped my motivation alot.
I cant explain why,but I open that Bible every day and do my 30 min.The whole plan seems incomplete without it.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 10:12PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 12, 2011 10:41PM

Great stuff, Vinny

Everything you said...

Also, save the pulp from your juices to make into smoothies for later/next day. It keeps well in the fridge for a short while/couple/few days.

That is one way I am managing the food budget, as throwing out all that pulp is so wasteful; since I paid for it, I may as well use it!

...hardly any tv at all..in fact, I have declared a moratorium on just about all news/media sources. I enacted that policy early last year, & I don't miss the daily dose of news/tv at all.

All the important stuff trickles down anyway, so I don't need to go looking for it...

Workouts - currently following a five day split, it is working great for me. That, & daily Insanity program workouts.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:21PM

Ha, my daily Insanity program is the news shows! smiling smiley

Date: January 12, 2011 11:28PM

I cant stand the news, ive stopped watching long ago... most tv as well...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:28PM

You know what? I'm going to do it. A media black out (or at least a media dimming, the phone runs on the internet, I do sort of need to be connected for that).
My parents gave us a flat screen tv but I am going to disable the antenna so we are not tempted by cartoons or late night mind numbing drivel when I can't sleep. And no more visiting the internet every day. There is SO much that I could be doing instead of this. When I didn't have the internet I was so productive but recently I find myself at the end of the day far before I've reached the end of what I wanted to accomplish. Time to revamp my resolution list and get at it. See you guys... xo

Date: January 13, 2011 12:09AM

have fun cocosmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: cy ()
Date: May 17, 2011 04:06PM

My husband is getting crazy with the simple health insurance plan that we have.I feel terrible because I lost my job and my gigs,and I can't help at all.

Vinny,I follow your health plan for years and I agree with Coco about #4, but I meditate a lot and pray too.Lately I am praying a lot for the Earth and all of us, because this "people/the dark side" are really trying hard to f@@@@@ us all, but I have faith and know that The Universe/God/the Great Spirit is with us, was and always will be.

Date: May 17, 2011 04:42PM

cy

Amen.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: May 18, 2011 02:38AM

Amen Eaglefly. It is so good to know that the majority of Earth has good spirits ,and the dark ones are the minority.I am sure about that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables