Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Political discussion now allowed?
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: January 15, 2011 10:31PM

Is political discussion now allowed on this message board? From what I am reading in the "AZ Tragedy" thread, it appears to be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Political discussion now allowed?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 15, 2011 10:35PM

i dunno for sure, but it seems that the AZ tragedy thing would be impossible to discuss without some political stuff, I guess it depends on the level of discussion? I have no idea... but a large amount of the stuff discussed on this site lately wouldn't be allowed, if absolutely nothing even slightly political was allowed...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 15, 2011 11:04PM

sometimes in the normal course of discussion the conversation may drift in that direction and it's ok with my so long as it doesn't get out of hand (which it may be in this case). just outright political threads are completely banned and that, as we all know, is a good thing...

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 16, 2011 01:20AM

coco - +1

The AZ thread "is what it is..."

And, since many of our raw food freedoms are being threatened by the lawmakers, many of those threads go in that direction as well...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 16, 2011 01:31AM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> coco - +1
>
> The AZ thread "is what it is..."
>
> And, since many of our raw food freedoms are being
> threatened by the lawmakers, many of those threads
> go in that direction as well...

i agreesmiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 16, 2011 04:43PM

It has gotten out of hand there, and I do think it's difficult to discuss something that has a political perspective without taking a political perspective. Mind meltingly so. I think the op wanted us to discuss how it made us feel, vis a vis our humaneness, but I guess there's a greater variety of worldviews among raw foods vegetarians than we all suspected winking smiley

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: January 16, 2011 10:02PM

This is the 'Other Topics' forum and I don't think it should be discouraged at all.

People have a choice as to whether they read this stuff or not and respond to it. If you are very sensitive to this topic, make the decision that is best for you.

The point Tam was hitting on concerning how the politics makes me feel: cynical.

david

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables