Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

GMO alfalfa a go
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 28, 2011 01:30AM

Distressing news, y'all:

[www.reuters.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GMO alfalfa a go
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2011 09:48AM

So this means no organic meat and dairy in a few months/years (the world over eventually). Ok. I do like to use alfalfa for sprouting but red clover is readily available and has the same nutritional profile so I'll switch. Sad to lose a staple of the animal kingdom's food source.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:48PM

get yourself some and start growing yourself some non-gmo alfalfa stock !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2011 06:09PM

It will not last, it is notorious for blowing around cross contaminating other fields of alfalfa. That's the point, I'm sure.

Well, more and more people are finding ways to step out of the system and self-sustain. We'll all just have to wait around until the sickies die off from their rotten lifestyles and then the planet will belong to the healthy folk again. Sigh.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 29, 2011 02:15AM

I hate this stuff. I feel my only defense mechanism is to bury my head in the sand and pretend it's not happening. I really don't understand why safe drinking water and food aren't a priority for everyone. Making us all fat, sick, infertile, and dead doesn't sound like a good business model.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 29, 2011 02:24AM

veghunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate this stuff. I feel my only defense
> mechanism is to bury my head in the sand and
> pretend it's not happening. I really don't
> understand why safe drinking water and food aren't
> a priority for everyone. Making us all fat, sick,
> infertile, and dead doesn't sound like a good
> business model.

It seems that *most* people today are "fat, dumb & happy", to coin a popular phrase. Most people are too self absorbed in their own selfish desires to be concerned about the bigger picture.

Plus, it is all about taste; if it tastes good, loaded down with msg, saturated fats, trans fats...the list goes on...that is all most seem to care about.

and..in another thread on here ...."they have drugs for that".

That line of thinking amazes me; eat whatever junk you want, live whatever damaging way you want & then take drugs to prop your body up...works for big pharma....

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 29, 2011 02:24AM

Yes, sometimes you think "they" are doing it (enabling us to eat, drink and breathe unhealthily) on purpose to 'us', so they can make a lot of money from all of us getting sick. But then you realize they eat all that crap themselves, so you know they're just plain stupid.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 29, 2011 02:47AM

KidRaw Wrote:
> Yes, sometimes you think "they" are doing it
> (enabling us to eat, drink and breathe
> unhealthily) on purpose to 'us', so they can make
> a lot of money from all of us getting sick. But
> then you realize they eat all that crap
> themselves, so you know they're just plain stupid.

That is the part I don't get...you would think "they" would be "smarter" than that...but then again, most of them have faith in drugs, are rich beyond belief, know they can't take it with them when they die...so...

might as well live the high life by profiting off of everyone else's diseases while there here, right?

Oh...guess I do get it after all... sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2011 02:48AM by juicerkatz.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: January 29, 2011 02:57AM

Ugh. It reminds me of Thomas Midgley, the chemist who gave us leaded gasoline and refused to go near the stuff except when giving demonstrations of how 'safe' it was when he knew it wasn't. He eventually retired due to ill-health from exposure to lead and died when he strangled himself on some of the apparatus to treat his conditions, but not before giving the world the gift of CFCs. If they guy weren't 70 years dead, I'd have a hard time believing GMOs weren't more of his brilliant work.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 03, 2011 07:13PM

KidRaw Wrote:
> Yes, sometimes you think "they" are doing it
> (enabling us to eat, drink and breathe
> unhealthily) on purpose to 'us', so they can make
> a lot of money from all of us getting sick. But
> then you realize they eat all that crap
> themselves, so you know they're just plain stupid.

The people doing the hands-on work of producing these food & drink analogs are just the front men. I suspect that their higher-ups (much higher) know these things are poison. Yes, I think there's a Plot. I am a conspirary theorist.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 04, 2011 08:13AM

this year im gonna start planting dense hedgerows around the perimeters of my husbands family farm (hopefully with coco's help someday grinning smiley ) to stop/slowdown blow over of pollen from less savory farms

short of building walls and a bubble over the whole place im afraid there is not much else to do but fight fight fight the government

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables