Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Stuff.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 29, 2011 10:42PM

LOL Kid.

Today I'm sorting through cupboard and cabinets to get rid of everything that doesn't fit in this apartment (it's a lot). But I'm also acquiring some new things. Lately I've bought a couple of pairs of natural fiber hand knit socks (I have a sock addiction) and am going to order a subscription to a crafting magazine I love as well as a pattern for a crochetted Bob Ross. No, I'm not kidding about that last one.

Check out how awesome he is!

[25.media.tumblr.com]

I love Bob Ross so much, the kids even think he's awesome when his show airs on public access TV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2011 10:43PM by coco.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 30, 2011 02:23AM

Shouldn't have looked at that link right before bed--he's always made me feel uncomfortable--no one's THAT calm!

Date: October 30, 2011 02:36AM

Seriously?! Oh man, I totally adore him and his "happy little trees" grinning smiley. He's so calming, hypnotic even.

Date: October 30, 2011 03:06PM

Have you seen the "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" parody of him? Funny, in that the premise is that no one can be that calm . . . without having something to hide!

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 30, 2011 06:17PM

If you can believe it, that's blocked for viewers in Canada :/.
I'll check it out next time I'm in the states though, he's so easy to make fun of!

Peapod the Pocket Squirrel? LOLOLOLOLOL!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 31, 2011 03:26AM

I love him. I always think about his saying, " There are no mistakes, only happy accidents."

Date: October 31, 2011 04:31PM

Blocked for Canada?! W to the T to the youknowwhat!

Date: November 19, 2011 01:38PM

WTF, swimming in stuff AGAIN! I don't know how this happens. I moved furniture around and all of a sudden there are piles of it that don't fit in here anymore. Seriously, extra furniture, where do you even come from? There are FOUR large wooden framed mirrors! I don't know how this happens, I honestly do not.
And the studio, ack, so much crafting stuff I can't even get in there to craft. I need an intervention. Or an actual studio that exists outside of my house where I can make a big ole mess and craft to my heart's content. Now there's a dream...

Date: November 20, 2011 03:16PM

Ha-ha, coco! This last week I cleaned my house, and tried to declutter the living room because my baby niece is coming for Thanksgiving, and will be baptized in the living room as per Orthodox tradition. While vacuuming, I felt myself literally boiling into a rage: you cannot make half a pass with the Hoover in this house--inherited from my horror vacui-afflicted parents--without hitting something, a sofa, a table, a plant stand, a box of something. It takes three days to clean the place properly, and it's only a three-bedroom ranch! And my brother and I have already eliminated so much stuff, so much!

If I could afford it, I'd call 1-800-JUNK tomorrow and feel so fine the day after tomorrow; they recycle or donate most of what they take away that is usable. I wait on the day . . .

Date: November 20, 2011 04:57PM

My sweet girl, you know the Sally-ann and such will pick up for free? I filled our driveway once, they came with a flipping mac truck, already partially full! It's rather a comfort to know that I'm not the only one with loads of excess "stuff". A bit depressing too though. There is enough everything already manufactured for people to not have to buy new for a generation at least.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 20, 2011 05:03PM

i heard that if you leave 2 things in a room together they multiply while you are sleeping smiling smiley

yup !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 20, 2011 05:04PM

Well it sure seems that way sometimes Jo! I've done away with all the wire hangers for just that reason, plastic doesn't seem to have such strong reproductive abilities, lol grinning smiley.

Date: November 28, 2011 04:39PM

I RENTED A STUDIO SPACE IN TOWN AND AM MOVING ALL THE CRAFTING STUFF INTO IT TODAY!!!

Biggest destash of my life, lol. I know I still technically own it but it will finally be out of our living space and we can be here thread, lint, yarn, scraps, pins and needles free, ha ha! I am beyond thrilled, I can't describe the relief of getting these things out of here. Finally, finally, finally my house will be calm and simple and tidy and easy and happy and sane. This is the final step for me, every other cupboard, shelf, closet, nook and cranny in this place has been minimized and simplified as much as it can be, this crafting mess is the last hold out to organization. I just can't tell you how great I feel, I'm so incredibly happy smiling smiley.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:13PM

i don't know if you got rid of it or not already, but ebay is loads of fun. selling stuff (at least if it's good enough to sell) or else charity always makes you feel good too. (besides that, small space decorating shows/articles help too)

Date: November 28, 2011 10:56PM

Rawalice, I've been destashing my life for a while now, it's been an adventure! There have been truck loads donated to the thrift stores, yard sales, piles given to friends, boxes and boxes of crafting supplies shipped off to other artists and a general minimizing of our needs. It's been good. I did sell a few things on kijiji but won't use ebay, I don't like their shifty policies but I'm also not a fan of shipping things. Direct contact in my neighbourhood has been enough so far. I might consider mailing crafts if I ever get that Etsy shop up and running but I'd really rather just sell locally.

Everything's moved into the new space, I can't wait to get in there and unpack tomorrow. It's so exciting!

Date: November 29, 2011 12:21AM

Good luck with this next phase, coconuts! grinning smiley

Date: November 29, 2011 12:43AM

Thanks Tam!
I moved everything in today and the counters and shelves should be set up by tomorrow night! Did I mention that I booked 2 craft shows in the coming weeks? So not only have I moved my crafting endeavors to a new location I may also be actually making a living from the work I have completed. How exciting is that? I can't wait to see what people think of my crazy creatures, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: November 29, 2011 01:21AM

Some people like to use Craigslist to get rid of things. I understand a woman listed her 'Husband for Sale' a few days ago. I saw it on Yahoo News. I don't know if there were any takers......WY

Date: December 05, 2011 01:14PM

Was he good with yard work? Hey, it's a good selling point!

I forgot to mention that I went to my first ever craft show on Saturday, it was awesome! I sold 31 items and made over $500! Even though I probably earned around $5/hr for my work it was still fun to offer my craft work for sale and have people take things home with them. At one point there was more than one child running around with a sock creature or sweater monster dangling from one hand too, ha! I had a good time.
One more show on Wed and then I can get started crafting items for next year, LOL!

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 05, 2011 02:36PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One more show on Wed and then I can get started
> crafting items for next year, LOL!

Do you sell online? I'd love to own some of your Art......WY

Date: December 05, 2011 03:02PM

Ah, thanks smiling smiley. I do have an Etsy account but haven't worked on getting things online at all yet. When I do I'll be sure to let you guys know in case you're in dire need of some fun little scrappy creation <3.

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables