Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:52AM

Is this for real? Please, somebody tell me it's not...
[www.naturalnews.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states...
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:54AM

O.O I hope not...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:58AM

I heard about this, maybe 3 + months ago...on a "conspiracy" radio show that I sometimes listen to. I didn't really follow up on it, but it would not surprise me.

The govt. will try anything they can. It really is unbelievable what is going on in this country.

Date: March 09, 2011 03:03AM

Read that article, apparently this has been on the books for a long while in some places. Holy crap, right? Rain is straight from G_d, nobody gets to "own" that!

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 09, 2011 06:36AM

It's true. I live in one of the rainiest states of the US (WA) and cannot collect the rain water. Well, let me rephrase that... I 'can' collect it but then will be charged a fine by the county. Stupid.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 09, 2011 07:55AM

that is weirdly ridiculous... do they fine the rivers? lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: March 09, 2011 08:01AM

lol.

What is this.. I don't even..

Date: March 09, 2011 01:16PM

[topdocumentaryfilms.com]

Also, apparently Monsatan's franken crops require more irrigation. It all starts to make sense, right? The pieces falling into place faster and faster now. This stuff has to have been in the planning phase for a long time to be playing out like this. It's freaking me out.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 09, 2011 03:15PM

RocketShip,

Curious: what is the reason for the fine? Like, what justification for it is there? I am assuming that there's a lot of agri runoff that ends up in the lower atmosphere and comes down again as rain, but I don't know if that's the reason out there . . .

I see from the article that this is an old law in drought states. It stands to reason that the government own water rights because then they could charge higher for distributing water and thus raise revenues(theoretically). It's cattle interests scarfing up water rights in Wyoming and Montana that irks me, 'cos they also try to sell the rights but at a much higher premium. And, of course, they do not provide a service for that, in turn, unlike a government which will build sewers or whatever with it. [sigh]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 09, 2011 06:32PM

When we begin to examine trends, we can see things that have been planned far in advance, as Coco says. So I say we should toss out the phrase "conspiracy theory" because it's no longer a "theory" but a fact. I really don't understand how anyone can claim they own water that falls from the sky, although they sure as hell shouldn't get ANY water "rights" from water that flows through the earth...

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 09, 2011 07:53PM

I don't know the reason why. Probably money since I don't live anywhere near salmon runs or agricultural areas. The city sends out water quality reports annually and every few years there is a little reminder that we cannot collect rainwater or we will be fined.

The hilarious part is that I live nearby to a huge man-made lake! Every winter the county has to drain the lake (open the valves) otherwise it will overflow and flood due to heavy rains. Then as summer approaches they close the valves and begin filling the lake for the recreational season. Yet, I can't collect water coming from my gutters for use on my lawn or garden or washing the house, etc. I have to PAY for water from the city.

Date: March 10, 2011 05:07PM

@Rocketship: Maybe the reason is because "they" want us to be dependent on "the system." I had posted recently a story about some old man in Indiana who lived in a trailer on some land he owned and was made to leave because "they" decided that he shouldn't be living "like that." He was off the grid, as I recall. He disposed of his sewage by himself on his property, if I remember correctly. So "they" used the potential "health risk" as a reason. He just left. He was so shaken by the experience that he didn't even want to fight because it left such a bad taste in his mouth.

Date: March 11, 2011 04:17PM

[privatizationwatch.org]

The anti-union bill that passed in WI stripped the rights of unions to know when a service is being privatized. From what I heard, what is in the bill states that the state of WI can sell the water utility to a private corp. without competitive bidding.

Date: March 11, 2011 04:37PM

Oh really? What that pr...k Walker did is so beyond the pale that it's unreal. They just were able to vote on the bill sneakily and he signed it last night after they kicked out the protesters from the rotunda. I hope they still proceed with their massive rally this weekend. The farmers are coming out on their tractors from small towns in Wisconsin.smiling smiley

Date: March 11, 2011 04:50PM

This is verging on the political but here it is anyhow. What they did was actually illegal. Not that these horror shows don't consider themselves above the law, and good reason in most cases too. Still, here you have it, it was not a legal binding action so we'll see.
[front.moveon.org]

Date: March 11, 2011 05:49PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is verging on the political but here it is
> anyhow. What they did was actually illegal. Not
> that these horror shows don't consider themselves
> above the law, and good reason in most cases too.
> Still, here you have it, it was not a legal
> binding action so we'll see.
> [front.moveon.org]
> ll-illegal/?rc=fb.fan

Off-topic and more than bordering on the politcal;from the site you linked. LOLwinking smiley

[front.moveon.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 05:50PM by banana who.

Date: March 11, 2011 06:25PM

Pretty on topic, they can sell water rights to private companies without letting anyone know. The whole deal smells.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 13, 2011 11:17PM

This is the most laughable shi t that I have ever seen.
I mean come on.
Everytime it rains,SOME of that water falls on your own property,and might even collect in your rain gutters and birdbaths????

Whats next? Living in huge domes like they did on Logans Run??

Like I said.
Totally laughable

Vinny

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 13, 2011 11:21PM

I,m sorry but I just cant stop laughing.
Very medicinal .Thanks for this story.
Now,excuse me as I go and gather the water that collected in my sump pump from all the recent rains here in Pa,and go use it to water my illegal sprouts I am growing on my window sill.

Laughing is good for the soul.

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables