Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"Health" Canada to ban parsley. WTF?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2011 01:15PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Health" Canada to ban parsley. WTF?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 17, 2011 01:56PM

Its just a joke im going to lose a large part of my own stores herbs if the ban goes through here in the UK. Not that it bothers me much if i lose my business of course it does. But the thing with myself was it was always about the health of others and myself. The freedom to have options other than toxic pharmaceutical medicines.

These herbs are what helped me get well and now people aren't going to have access to these based on what, nothing. Many of these herbs have proven to have not only beneficial effects but are non-toxic.

So whats the problem here - MONEY AND COMPETITION sadlysad smiley. This is nothing about safety if they cared so much about our safety and health cigarettes and alcohol would be banned instantly, not only that what about caffeine all of these have shown recorded deaths, side effects, chronic health problems, are a burden on the health care system. But they make alot of money.

Same as with here and the UK please write to your MP, i know it probably wont make much difference but its worth a try.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2011 01:57PM by powerlifer.

Date: March 17, 2011 02:00PM

I does still make a bit of difference here in Canada so we keep at it, lots of letters and petitions.

I have a small device called a Cap-m-quik and some empty capsules so I can cap up whatever I want. Turmeric lately, it costs a fraction to make them up yourself. I can grow parsley myself, dry, grind and cap it if need be. The harder to get stuff will be out of my reach though so I just have to keep myself healthy and not in need of any medicine. The kids too.

Sigh, what's next on the chopping block eh? I don't even want to know.

Date: March 17, 2011 02:27PM

Keeping healthy is the best idea of course prevention before needing anything, but there will be times in which you will still wish you had access to a various herb than using a pharmaceutical alternative.

In some cases there isn't any if i go through any period of my life with major stress again i will make sure im taking some adaptogenic herb so i don't burn out like the last time. Same if i have an overly busy schedule i supplement with various adaptogens to make sure my adrenal glands dont start failing again.

But yeah what about the others who are ill and need medicine its a joke that they are not aloud an alternative option, those with liver problems who would like to use milk thistle etc. The capmquick machines are good i tend to just take the powder for the benefits of bitters plus im lazy capping up herbs lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: March 17, 2011 02:42PM

I just couldn't eat that much turmeric, blech! Tastes pretty ghastly some of these herbs. Not food, certainly, medicine for sure!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 17, 2011 03:04PM

Ban this.
Ban that.
What the F is the world coming to?????????????
Time to leave it all and go out into the forest and live among the wolves.
And.................grow your own parsleysmiling smiley

Vinny

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 17, 2011 03:06PM

What I would like to see banned is the god awful beverage stores you see every 1/2 mile or so around here that are selling that god awful piss that is ruining lives and health.
But they WONT,cause there is BIG MONEY in sickness and tragedy!!!!!!!!!!!!

VINNY

Date: March 17, 2011 03:39PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just couldn't eat that much turmeric, blech!
> Tastes pretty ghastly some of these herbs. Not
> food, certainly, medicine for sure!

Ack its only a half a teaspoon full in most cases, tiny little bit of water, pretend its tasty and boom its over lol.

For sure eaglefly sadly it will never happen.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: March 17, 2011 04:30PM

Vinny, we can only "ban" things that are truly unhealthy from our own lives by not buying into the fantasy that since they are accepted products they are OK for us. Same in the opposite direction, take a real good look at what is being banned and decide for yourself whether you think it's good for you or not. Then find a way to make it accessible, like growing your own.

In a way this will be a good push towards self-sufficiency. I don't have to buy parsley (etc) from anywhere, I can have fresh right from my windowsill or balcony any time I like.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 17, 2011 06:06PM

It's a shame that Canada has caught the Fascism Flu.

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: March 18, 2011 10:46AM

Date: March 18, 2011 02:33PM

haha thats a great picsmiling smiley.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables