Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Permaculture Design course that accepts kids too!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 26, 2011 03:57PM

I finally found one and it's even in Canada, yay!

This looks to be affordable, it's in an amazing area in Canada, it includes lodging and vegetarian meals and snacks and follows topics laid out in Mollison's Designer's Manual. And, best of all (for me anyhow) they are Happy to have kids! And working on arranging childcare for them during times when it wouldn't be appropriate for them to participate. There is another parent planning to attend at the same time as I am (July 31 to Aug 14) so we'd be splitting the child care costs. If there are other parents out there who want to take this course but can't leave their kids with anyone, here is your opportunity. I personally have plenty of nannying experience as well as certification in first aid and CPR so can deal with any minor emergencies.

[www.p3permaculture.ca]

If you know someone with kids who wants to take a course like this but can't because of childcare issues please pass this info along to them. I've been searching for just this thing and am so thrilled to have found it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Permaculture Design course that accepts kids too!
Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: March 27, 2011 12:26PM

Hey that's GREAT Coco!!!!

So glad you found a place that will take kids!!

I'll be looking for a place that I can do it on weekends so I can leave my son with my partner on the weeks he's with me. I work part time so it would be difficult for me to arrange to do an intensive course.

Hope it goes really well for you and the kids and that it's almost like a mini holiday for you all! <3

Date: March 27, 2011 12:55PM

There are TONS of places doing it on weekends, if you need help with your search please let me know. Check out permies.com as well, that's an incredible site just Loaded with info.

Posted by: klomasius ()
Date: March 27, 2011 01:01PM

Aw, thanks Coco, not sure if you can help me to find a place in Australia though, but I will check out permies.com.

Another thing I'm looking for is to find one that's subsidised with a government grant so I can get it cheaper as I'm a low income earner.

My friend did her entire permaculture design course for $50! Due to the fact that she got into a subsidised course and she is a single mother. She now has a huge vegan permaculture paradise and is putting her learning to work!

I'm not expecting to get it that cheap, but I can't afford to fork out $1000 to do it, so I'll have to keep looking.

p.s. she lives not far from David Holmgren (the co founder of permaculture) and communicates with him regularly, which means she is in his ear about doing permaculutre veganically, which is totally possible as I've seen it with my own eyes!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 27, 2011 09:35PM

That's great, coco! Get the little ones working at it--about time someone considered the importance of this smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 27, 2011 09:58PM

that is the very coolest smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 27, 2011 11:38PM

I could have sworn I commented on this already...I guess not, well , thats really awesome cocogrinning smiley sounds like its gonna be funsmiling smiley

Date: March 28, 2011 12:59AM

Thanks for your positive encouragement guys.
I've been waiting for something good to fall into place and this feels right. It's good timing, it's a workable price, it's close to where friends and relatives live, it's the Best time of year to visit the East coast, it just sounds great. I'm really happy right now, this is a good thing.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:02AM

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables