Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any other hoopers (Dancers) here?
Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 08, 2011 07:32PM

Hey everyone. I was just curious if any of you guys are into hooping. (Dance)

I've been dancing since I was a kid. Lots of different types, I did jazz dance as a child and then grew into a teen and discovered the trance/electronic rave scene. I even got into gogo dance/exotic dance for awhile. Only recently I discovered the hula hoop and I'm in love. I like that it has all the sexiness of exotic dance but without being slutty. Plus it's a great workout (my midsection is more TONED than it's ever been and I've only been at it a month or so)

The power and beauty I feel when hooping really goes hand in hand with the vitality of my high-raw lifestyle so I was thinking there might be a lot of other raw food hoopers out there. If not, there should be! smiling smiley

Here is a vid of some dancing (this isn't me, lol she's got more skillz than I currently have!)

[www.youtube.com]

I'd like to get this good. So far I've learned to take the hoop off in both directions (hooping to the left and to the right) but I haven't been able to put it on or do the vortex yet.

Well I'll quit rambling until I see if anyone else is actually into it and wants to chat about it. winking smiley

<3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any other hoopers (Dancers) here?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2011 09:18PM

I always wanted to learn this, and poi though just with ribbons (fire poi is too stinky for me). I'll have to be satisfied just watching for now though, I'm too busy for it at the moment. It's so interesting to watch.

Date: April 08, 2011 10:19PM

I've tried poi as well, but it didn't end up sticking with me. Although it is fun! I think this is a better workout. But oh does it bruise you up. I have bruises all over my body and the really huge nasty one on my side/hip bone is starting to heal up.

On a positive note, that is showing just how fast all my raw salads and juicing are healing my body. Bruises have never healed this fast before. I used to get bruises that would last months sometimes! :\

Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 09, 2011 03:03AM

digitz iz a dope 4m uv dance

rippin richie:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 09, 2011 05:36AM

not sure if you know who Star Khechara but she is really into hooping and poi and dance smiling smiley shes very cool .. i love the stuff she does smiling smiley [www.youtube.com]

i was trying to get into poi a couple of summers ago but life took a sideways path and i havent got back to it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 05:37AM by Jgunn.

Date: April 09, 2011 04:45PM

The digit dance is really cool too. I had an awesome friend who used to do that at raves with these cool light up gloves, it rocked. smiling smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 09, 2011 06:56PM

I learned poi, WITH fire, believe me, you learn A LOT faster when fear is involved...hahahahaaa... seriously though, the guy who taught me said he never saw anyone learn so fast (to be fair I also soaked my body with water be4 every try, so what burns I did get where minimal, and I soaked my head, and a had and wore the hat to make sure it couldnt get my hair...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: April 23, 2011 05:27PM

Sweet! I've learned some new moves! smiling smiley It's awesome how as long as you keep hooping every day, you learn. Even without trying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables