Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gnomes? smallest person!
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: April 15, 2011 05:25PM

I am wondering if any of you believe in gnomes. In another website someone reported seeing a small human like figure jumping out of a tree. Its a spiritual board, so i thought immediately they would say its possibly a gnome. Instead they are saying he made it up or is crazy.

Firstly he said it was about 3-4 feet tall, which is totally possible for a human to be that tall. I found a link there the smallest person is actually 11 inches tall!

Isn't she sweet?
[www.oursoldiersvalor.com]

I don't know, are these people the source of legends?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gnomes? smallest person!
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: April 16, 2011 09:53AM

When I was a little girl I used to "see" elves. While other children had imaginary playmates, I imagined elves living inside of trees. I vaguely remember having seen a photo (in Life Magazine?) of a car driving through a redwood tree and maybe another of a shop inside of another tree and it had fired my imagination. Anyway, I developed a rich fantasy about elves - what they wore, what they ate, how their furniture was carved out of the tree. Fantasy or not, at least at one point in my life I truly believed that there were elves. My sister was convinced by my belief too. I remember her being frustrated that I could see them and she couldn't.

My grandmpther used to say, "If you listen really carefully you can hear the fairy bells." I remember trying really hard and confirming that I could hear them off in the distance.

As to gnomes...I have no experience and can't say...

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: April 16, 2011 12:44PM

heyyy! that famous picture of a car driving through a redwood tree! thats from my the area around my hometowngrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: April 16, 2011 01:07PM

Cute, well I was envious of people who could see paranormal things. I think its great to be so imaginative and creative. My thing was that I used to claim to have seen dinosaurs. My favorite was the flying one. I even had myself convinced that I saw them. I would see the pointed tips of the wings, long tail and neck, and large beak. Of course it was a bird, but I imagined that it was flying very high and that is what made it appear so small. I was always so disappointed that nobody was game to go along with the fun of imagination.

I am just lucky that they didn't exist, as I am sure that thing would have flew down and got me. One of those paranormal investigation programs had a weird show about flying dinosaurs and large birds attacking people. I wonder where they got those ideas from...

Getting back to gnomes,and other things of the sort I often confused them. I don't know what is an elf and what is a gnome, and what is a hobet etc... I still remember a cartoon which asked "where does santa live?...gnome alaska"

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 16, 2011 04:28PM

I believe in certain paranormal phenomena, but the only gnomes I believe in are garden gnomes smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2011 09:20PM

Tamukha,
Really, what type of paranormal phenomena? I have a fascination with it if you haven't noticed. I would really like to do a table turning with a group of people if I could get a number of people together.

In the mid 1800's in England it was really popular to do table turnings. Its where everyone sits in the dark and puts a hand on a table thinking about making it move. I don't remember if you have to do anything else. But eventually the table is supposed to start moving on its own. It can take several hours for this to happen. Maybe up to 4-5 hours or more. Sometimes it takes more than one session for something to happen. But the scary part for me is that sometimes the table can move violently and pin people to walls and stuff like that. But most of the time its more gentle movement, or just plain floats.

I am still uncertain as to what the purpose is, other than to 'prove' that paranormal activity can occur, even for skeptics. The other part is...it sounds boring....who wants to sit in the dark for hours at a time hoping that the table under your hand starts to move? It sounds boring to me, but I can't imagine finding 10 people to do it. the effects are supposed to be better when its over 5 people and less than twenty. Something like that. In the internet age, thats probably going to be a hard sell.

If I knew that it would only take a few minutes I think it would be cool otherwise to see a table float or move on its own. Provided of course it doesn't pin me to the wall.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: April 16, 2011 11:08PM

I can only talk about my own experiences. I have always been intuitive and hypersensitive. I never believed in or considered angels. One day in a hospital with my friend who was in a coma I saw him look (I do not know if he actually turned his head) at two angels. I will never forget what they looked like. He died that night (which I had not expected.)

A great book on the subject of garden elves in The Elves of Lily Hill Farm: A Partnership with Nature by Penny Kelly, a true story. I have gotten more into growing food and have felt plant spirits and now do sometimes see tree (I am not sure what they are) beings while hiking in the woods, many of them.

For me it sometimes feels a little overwhelming. I have never spoken with any of them.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 17, 2011 12:25AM

wow...whatta lovely smile!

Date: April 17, 2011 06:21PM

vermontnl,
So what do angels look like? I thought people weren't able to see them normally, unless one was dying themselves, or if one was scheduled to be a 'prophet' or something like that.

This may not be the best place for it, but some have second opinions about angels. I remember looking up information on them, and most of it sounds so spooky and creepy.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 17, 2011 10:05PM

Mislu,

Oh, you know, ghosts, demons of the natural world, that kind of thing. Have had interesting experiences with the Ouija board, plain planchette, "Light as a Feather" games, and table rappings. Frightening, but if one is accepting of the possibility, also illuminating.

Date: April 17, 2011 10:13PM

Mislu,

As I had mentioned I did not before even consider or believe in angels, so it was a surprise to me to see them too. I had no background knowledge. What I saw was two angels both golden, about 18 inches tall with large wings in the back (about the same size as their bodies.) I have since learned, even though I am not researching about them, that there are many levels of angels and come in various colors. I do not know where gold ones are in the list. I remember that there are also white ones. That is all I can tell you about my experience. I came home from the hospital where my friend was and drew a picture of one. That picture is now at another friend's house.

Like I said, I have always been a little bit closer to the spiritual world. They call it being thin veiled.

Have you heard about indigo children. These are children both within the last 20 or so years. They are gifted also and different from the 'norm'. Many of these children are labeled (ADD, ADHD,...). There are other levels of new children being born, but I can not remember what the terms for this latest generation is. Maybe someone else on this forum does know about this. (I think maybe crystal children.)

Date: April 17, 2011 10:42PM

vermontnl,
Very interesting. Reminds me of how I wanted to bless my room in college. I did that with another person. My roomate interupted the process and mentioned a THIRD person being in the room. I kept on asking him who? Who? there was only me and my friend. He reported that there was someone he had not seen before. Very tall, and wearing white clothing. i remember feeling a powerful spiritual feeling when that was happening, but i myself did not see anything.

What you saw was a cheribum? the little baby angels?

Date: April 18, 2011 10:59AM

Mislu,
I just got chills reading your post. That always means to me that there is truth in what happened. Cool.

I do not know what cheribum are. I can take a look at that and get back to you.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 19, 2011 12:48AM

i believe in norms

[www.youtube.com]

don't know about gnomes

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: April 19, 2011 03:20AM

To appear to conform to Norms can help one to get along in the world.
Hmmm... I guess it could come in handy to memorize some of Norm's lines on that YOUTUBE video.
(Thanks, jono.)

Conforming to Gnomes would not be wise, however.
For example, their living arrangements would be too confining for most people.
And if gnomes, (some of whom may be named Norm), live in Nome, it would be pretty cold there.

WWND?

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 20, 2011 05:19AM

norm the gnome gets a numb nose in norway while studying nematode genomics

(a scene from a documentary about gnomes)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2011 05:20AM by jono.

Date: April 21, 2011 10:19PM

Did a little research about cherubim. They are not angels and do not look like them according to the only citing of the old testament, they have 4 animal like faces. I have been a bit busy but at some time I will post a link to angel info.

Date: April 21, 2011 11:10PM

There are a number of webpages that deal with angelic ranks, cherubim and seraphim, ophim are mentioned. A number I have never ever heard of. I guess it depends on what someone thinks is an 'angel'. Others have classified as them collectively as 'ministering spirits'.

I saw different lists depending on if its a christian, jewish or islamic ranking of spirits, gnomes, seraphim etc... I haven't the slightest how each might consider them differently or think of them. I just took a quick peak. otherwise I don't really find it that interesting.

What would be really curious is to see a comprehensive listing of all paranormal entities. i am sure it would be exhaustive.

I sometimes watch some paranormal investigation shows on cable. Some are more internesting than others. I actually find the skeptical shows the best, as they seem more grounded and try to find a physical and scientific explanation for everything.

There is one show I found really, really odd. I never thought about it before. One was about investigation of a demon inhabited home. I thought it strange that the investigator kept on demanding the spirit respond in the 'name of Jesus Christ' to make itself known. Something just seemed really odd about that. Demanding to know its name. I thought why would it respond to those demands?

christians have a negative use of the word, but in the greek its a neutral term that did not take on a negative sense until the christian era.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables