Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Strawberries!!!!!
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:08PM

They're finally here! Every spring I get so anxious for strawberry gorging season to start and it's here! Organic strawberries are on sale today only (Friday, April 29) for $1.99/lb at Whole Foods. I picked up 12 lbs. I wish I could get more, but I'm home alone this weekend and my freezer will only hold a couple of pounds since it's already full of pet food. Despite this, I'm still tempted to go back at the end of the day and see if they still have some more for me to pick up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Strawberries!!!!!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 29, 2011 05:04PM

Thanks for the tip--I will see if they are the same price at my local WF. Is it really that rare for them to be that cheap (organic ones)? It's still April and if I am not mistaken, May will be the big crop time so we should see great prices for them. I cannot wait for the first figs to arrive myself!winking smiley

Date: April 29, 2011 05:49PM

Maybe it's different elsewhere, but here, organic strawberries usually sell for around $5/lb. So, yes, I was happy to see them.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 30, 2011 06:01AM

thanks for the tip veghunter!

i picked up some organic strawberries today

and later i'm gonna eat them

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 30, 2011 07:25AM

veghunter

it says somewhere in the constitution or declaration of independence or one of those official sounding american documents that you have an integral

RIGHT to

be a greedy selfish person

clear out that pet food

and make way for the heavenly strawberries

so i hear

Date: April 30, 2011 12:31PM

smiling smiley YW, jono. I'm glad you could take advantage of it.

Haha, la_veronique. I spent hours making all that pet food! I couldn't stand to throw it away. So, I didn't go get more, but I'm happily munching away on what I did get. Mmmmmm!

Posted by: venetis ()
Date: May 03, 2011 06:16AM

Thanks for the strawberries...

Date: May 16, 2011 11:58PM

smiling smiley

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: May 17, 2011 09:16AM

Organic strawberrie in europe are in danger now because chinese organic strawberries are starting to to take the market because of price, about
half the price.
Im in Nha Trang Viet Nam right now and the fruit is so cheap, so so good it would blow your mind. Also I found a sorce for raw cashews herein Viet Nam one ton min, up to 100 tons avaible. anyone want info I would be glad to pass info on for a few nuts. peace rhb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables