Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Worlds oldest story
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 19, 2011 12:15AM

I went to the library recently, and a book caught my attention. Its the epic of Gilamesh. the intro to the book claimed it was the worlds oldest recorded story. I had a few minutes to read about it, and it mentioned something about the first copy being in Lapis, and placed in a copper box in the cornerstone of a particular city.

I can't wait to read the complete story. I find it totally captivating. I recommend anyone to get a copy either at a bookstore or at the local library. (unless it competes with my local interlibrary loan, so nobody in the northern NJ area request it for an interlibrary loan, ok?) (what else do I have to say to produce a record library request eh?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Worlds oldest story
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 19, 2011 12:19AM

Yes, it's an interesting tale . . .

Date: August 19, 2011 03:13PM

LOL, I thought it was going to be an episode of boy-meets-girl!

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 19, 2011 09:59PM

well, I found one translation online. It doesn't sound as interesting as what i found in the library. All I can think is that translations can be accurate, but some are more interesting than others.
[www.ancienttexts.org]

here is a wiki page
[en.wikipedia.org]

the book I found mentioned some romance of types. So I suppose your not entirely off in guessing that romanance was involved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables