Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Prayers and thoughts for my country today, please.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 23, 2011 01:45PM

On Monday we unexpectedly lost a great man and are all still reeling from his sudden passing. I'm still in a bit of shock, to tell the truth. He was a neighbour, a local fixture and a wonderful Canadian. He'll be missed.

[www.facebook.com]

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."

Jack Layton

Politicians don't usually say things like this, he was one of a kind.
[cargocollective.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prayers and thoughts for my country today, please.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 23, 2011 10:01PM

Oh my God! I am actually shaking hearing this--the only thing on CBC this morning when I was flipping through the channels was what's going on in Libya. Oh, this is terrible. He was one of the few warriors for humanity and the planet in Canadian government--that house of theirs in TO!--what's gonna happen now? I'm sorry, coconuts. My sympathy to all Canadians who "give a damn."

Posted by: cy ()
Date: August 23, 2011 10:59PM

We won't see any real important news in any major tv channel.

Me too,so sorry Coco.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 24, 2011 12:27PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is
> better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.
> So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And
> we’ll change the world."
>
> Jack Layton
>
> Politicians don't usually say things like this, he
> was one of a kind.

Ummm....those words sound familiar to me....

Date: August 27, 2011 04:55PM

Thank you, you guys. We are still heart sore over here. He was such a great person, he and his wife and their kids too, all working at the small local government level for many years, as members of their own community just as you or I would have done. They went on, all of them, to do great things for Canada and Canadians. He will be so missed, he was a funny guy with a big heart and a geniune stance on the things that matter to actual people. I can't believe how sudden it was. A blessing for him, I supposed. At least he did not suffer ill-health for very long.
God-Speed Mr. Layton.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 27, 2011 11:39PM

I watched part of the funeral today on CBC; very moving. Rewatched some videos of him from "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" and "The Mercer Report" online. I recall thinking, the first time he did one of these candid interviews, that he seemed like such a nice and caring man, and how sorely we need people like that here. Such a loss . . .

Date: August 31, 2011 04:36PM

My ex reminded me the other day of a time when Jack and Olivia came to our door in Kensington Market when they were running in our riding, we had a little chat. They were so connected to the people they represented because they lived in our neighbourhoods, walked our streets and stayed in touch. I saw them snogging at an art opening once on Bathurst Street after a few glasses of cheap wine, lol. They were cute.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables