Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Little Green Men! etc...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2011 02:57PM

Ok, generally I shy away from what I consider nutjobbery but my friends keep posting and forwarding this link to me so here ya go... what do you think?

[thrivemovement.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 02:57PM by coco.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Little Green Men! etc...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 13, 2011 06:00PM

I believe that intelligent extraterrestrials exist, and that they have been manipulating conditions on this planet for various reasons, not necessarily benevolent. The Hopi concept of the maganimous Space Brother is nice, but . . . the human must be so unevolved compared to even the least evolved of the intellects that may been visitng here, can we really presume that they would give us some sort of special formula for clean fuel after the hash we've made of everything else in this little ant farm we call Earth? I wouldn't; I'd find the planet ruled by dolphins and give it to them smiling smiley

Date: November 13, 2011 10:09PM

The planet ruled by dolphins wouldn't need it, everything would be in perfect natural harmony.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: November 29, 2011 04:04AM

i remember a life as a dolphin. really. i didn't want to eat anymore fish, so i starved myself to death, and got reincarnated as a human as a reward. (still vegetarian!)

Date: November 29, 2011 04:23PM

Hmmmm, rawalice, I wouldn't consider going from dolphin to person to be a step up smiling smiley

Date: November 29, 2011 05:18PM

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 29, 2011 06:07PM

I definitely believe that both E.T and free energy potentials exist, I just think that they are only as relevant to us as our consciousness permits them to be.

Date: November 30, 2011 12:14AM

Lightform! Hi! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 01, 2011 12:11AM

[disclosureproject.org]
[www.cseti.org]

Steven Greer is working on it for a long time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 12:13AM by cy.

Date: December 01, 2011 11:01AM

Hiya Tamukha smiling smiley

Date: December 01, 2011 12:41PM

honestly, guys, each fish is like a little consciousness, imagine if you heard it after you ate it, "i'm getting eaten!!", reverberating.. my mom eats strange, she's singaporean/taiwanese. she had a big plate of these little whole fish on her counter one day, i backed onyto seeing it and screamed.

Date: December 01, 2011 01:44PM

I am not opposed to beings living within the natural structure of their lives. Many creatures are carnivorous or omnivorous, nature has designed them that way to create balance on this earth. I'm not going to resent that or second guess it, my intelligence is certainly not greater than that of the Universe after all and just because I may not understand something or want to do it myself doesn't make it wrong. If I had a cat I would make it raw meat cat food to eat, anything else would be abusive IMO. If I don't want to honour a cat's natural needs I just shouldn't have one, and so I don't.

Date: December 01, 2011 03:55PM

Agree with coco: My brother and sis-in-law were here for Thanksgiving with their wee dachshund and I saw that[prolly by mistake] they'd bought the "vegetarian" canned dog food to mix with his kibble. I was like, "Vegetarian dog food--that makes no kind of sense!"

Date: December 01, 2011 11:05PM

Heh.. how this has to do with little green men is a mystery, but yep, I am another vegan who doesn't condemn eating meat.

I read a book called Mutant Message Down Under recently where an American woman goes and stays with this real spiritual race of Aboriginals who live in Australia. These people were meat eaters by necessity, having been driven inland by the arrival of the Europeans a couple of centuries ago. They started as vegetarian and had to start eating meat due to the food availability of their new habitat.

Even so, they maintained a very strong tradition of blessing their food in ceremony and holding all animals in the highest honour. I believe that this is why they can eat meat and still be in perfect health.

Date: December 01, 2011 11:54PM

I think you guys are missing the point. I agree cats and dogs are natural meat eaters. It's just, imagine if you were a cat, but even though your own natural instinct was to eat animals, you wished you didn't have to because of whatever reason. Anyway, i remember being a pig too. So peaceful, grisly ending.

Date: December 02, 2011 12:08AM

Well, to keep on topic, Lightform, I did watch the trailer. Sounds like Thrive may want to hook with the Scientologists or something. That might be interesting. Who needs to hear another story about how the government in league with Edison may have conspired to off Mr. Tesla, use his ideas, suppress his work all for greed or whatever. NO "free energy" in Amurica! At least that's what I read about once in a book called Star Signs byt Linda Goodman. But then, too, whose to say anyone knows what really happened. Maybe it was a random van that ran him over.

I do find crop circles fascinating, and I swear I may have been near a facility that housed some little green men, though, I wouldn't call them little. Green is the energy color of the heart and is associated with healing and nature. But, whose to say they're the only ones? And honestly, if you did encounter a real "supernatural" benevolent alien, maybe it would humble you into silence.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 02, 2011 12:41AM

Tam is it possible they brought the vegetarian dog food so as somehow not offend you just a thought I was kinda thinking and laughing smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 02, 2011 03:29AM

Lightform, that is one of my fave books. There's a sequel...

Rawalice a natural creature doesn't have thoughts like that, of this I am certain. They live entirely in the moment those beautiful instinctively motivated beings...
Have you ever spent time with pigs in this life? They can be quite vicious. They are carnivorous and often cannibalistic, even in the wild.
I didn't enjoy being subject to the slaughtering of what we had considered our pet sow, it was brutal and traumatic, but that was her end and the end of my pork eating days. Unhappy times I'm reminded of here...

Jo that is funny! Very considerate but also sort of wacky.

Date: December 02, 2011 08:46PM

Jodi,

Huh, that hadn't occurred to me . . . they know I'm not rigid about anyone's dietary regimen but my own, and that when I had dogs they were fed meat(and fruits and veggies). Maybe the vegetarian feed was on sale?

Date: December 03, 2011 12:40AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Rawalice a natural creature doesn't have thoughts
> like that, of this I am certain. They live
> entirely in the moment those beautiful
> instinctively motivated beings...
>

Hi coco. How can you be certain? Dolphins are kindred spirits with a protective nature, that may lead to feelings, emotions. Are you saying they're dumb creatures without capacity for thought or ponderance? I mean, a whole part of what I said was also just a little nod to the Hindu belief, as well as my own now, that we may have been or even possibly incarnate later as animals. I mean, think about that. Can an animal have a soul? Does the soul advance? Maybe there are lessons to be learned in the experience. As far as the pig goes though, I do remember an occasional tussle, though, for the most part, peaceful, as in just wallowing in not only the mud of oftentimes glorious nature, but in the absolute splendor of a gorgeous sky.

On the other note running through this thread, my ex had a Maine Coon cat that would eat exactly whatever my ex was eating. Mashed potatoes, peas, etc. The human body wasn't exactly designed to eat meat, yet now the majority are omnivores instead of herbivores. Life is about survival and health if one has the luxury. I don't see any bears turning down any "picnic baskets."

Date: December 03, 2011 01:01AM

I think we are viewing this from very different perspectives. I don't see being in the moment as "dumb" or without capacity for thought or ponderance but rather, along the ideal Hindu viewpoint, as perfection. Being without desire, being without thought for the future moment, being at one with the all, that is the ultimate goal of the aspirant and the blessedly natural state of every being except for the human being. The cat has no issue with it's own natural self, neither the dolphin, nor that Maine Coon cat. They are very secure in their own innate perfection. We are the only beings who see ourselves as more or as less winking smiley.

Our dog loved grapes and apparently they are poisonous to dogs. Never seemed to hurt him though I'd only feed him a couple now and then. I mean, really? Grapes?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 03, 2011 01:28AM

my sheepdogs used to eat grapes off the vines and those that dropped on the ground .. no ill effecs that i can remember ..

i guess they knew what they were doing lol smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 03, 2011 01:58AM

On permies.com the animal tenders will often talk about cows, goats etc nibbling on something that is outright poisonous for them but the theory is that they instinctively know how to self medicate and are drawn to consume purging agents when they need them. Smart smart smart, smarter than we are!

Date: December 04, 2011 05:15PM

Like mushrooms. Yeah.

Date: December 05, 2011 02:15AM

I heard a story from the apple orchid owner where I worked one time, of how a cow had got access to a bin full of apples and ate so many ( swallowing some whole ) that it killed itself. I do believe that animals have a natural sense for what is good for them, but there are exceptions to the rule for sure.

Now for some thoughts about animal emotions etc.. Firstly, I pretty much consider myself to be a "natural animal", just the same as any other only more sophisticated. I don't think that humans are an exception to nature.

I've seen elephants do landscape artworks, a parrot that make a comparison between 2 objects and then tell its owner the results in colour, shape and material etc vocally, and a dog that waited at a train station for about 15 years for its deceased owner that it was expecting. So yeah.. I think that animals are conscious beings with feelings and they do think.

Date: December 05, 2011 02:42AM

I'm not saying they don't think, I'm saying they don't judge themselves as good or bad. They have an innate sense of their own perfection or rightness. They are utterly unself-conscious and confidant (barring any unfortunate abuse that has imprinted on them of course).

Date: December 05, 2011 03:00AM

Yeah.. I'd agree with that, quite intriguing really.

Date: December 05, 2011 01:39PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not saying they don't think, I'm saying they
> don't judge themselves as good or bad. They have
> an innate sense of their own perfection or
> rightness. They are utterly unself-conscious and
> confidant (barring any unfortunate abuse that has
> imprinted on them of course).

Haha. Are you talking about cats? Though, cats do run and hide sometimes. I don't know coco, I can only speak from my own experiences. I mean, it sounds like you're making animals out to be holy perfection, and they very well may be. But whose to say they don't have their own challenges as a soul inhabiting on an individual level. I don't remember judging myself as a dolphin, just experiencing life a little and forming thoughts and acting on them. Maybe I was a psychic dolphin. Now we're getting crazy.

Date: December 05, 2011 01:43PM

If an animal is hungry, it eats. It doesn't think about what it would like to eat, it just finds some available food and eats it. If tired, it sleeps. If a dog or cat has the urge to fart, yawn, lick it's own crotch, sniff something, etc, it just does it, no self-consciousness, no judgement. Humans on the other hand over think EVERYTHING. We're the only creatures on the planet that do most of the things we do. We're the only creatures on the planet that have barely any instincts at all too, scientifically speaking grasping, the foot reflex and rooting to suckle in infants are the extent of our instinctive behaviour. Everything else is learned from each other. It's amazing.

Date: December 05, 2011 08:15PM

Have you read Women Who Run with Wolves coco? It's about reclaiming the wild "criatura" of your own soul. I'd recommend it if you haven't. (I'm not sure of your gender, but it might translate in any case.) It's based on Jung.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables