Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What's with the war on Breast Feeding lately?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2012 01:35PM

Seems like every so often there is a slew of articles etc just maligning breast-feeding, the health benefits, where a baby should be allowed to eat, etc. It's really strange. This article takes the cake though, I mean Who in their right mind suggests this sort of thing? I mean really? REALLY?

[journals.lww.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's with the war on Breast Feeding lately?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 23, 2012 02:26PM

Odd, because the best immunizer for baby is the antibodies in mama's milk, eh?

The distressing thing is that this study attempts to tackle the "problem" of breast feeding mitigating immunizations in developing countries where babies are probably lucky to get food at all. These are populations that have no one to advocate for them if research like this results in states taking corrective action in the form of anti-breast feeding campaigns to rural areas. The potential perversion of priorities here is abominable.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 23, 2012 02:42PM

A dream come true for Nestle. And people wonder why I boycott those monsters.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 24, 2012 02:30PM

Shocking

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 02, 2012 08:44AM

And all this time I was only boycotting Nestle because they use (like Starbucks, Kraft, Pepsi) aborted fetal cells as flavoring agents!

This article is clearly concerned only with the efficacy of vaccines (um, what's their purpose again? >.> ).

God forbid our bodies develop to be strong enough to help ourselves; and then we don't need to go running to companies to A) buy a vaccine and cool smiley let the vaccines, in the presence of poor immunity, run their nefariously intended course? (Pardon my skepticism of the pharmaceutical industry...)

I think breastfeeding is SO important, on so many developmental levels. Skipping that invites Freudian baggage on so many levels, baggage that hangs out with people for life, nevermind catching the common cold. It's about bonding...

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 02, 2012 01:34PM

I agree phantom. Breastfeeding does seem to help with natural immunities. But on the other hand, it may also depend on nutrition. I was bottle fed, I turned out okay. What fun is life without some not ideal states? Still, I would definitely advocate breastfeeding for any new mother who felt capable. I suppose this can go the way of the vaccines too huh?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables