Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hints from Heloise? Or Hector?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 01, 2012 08:01PM

I have a ground-in mud stain on a light-colored carpet. I have used baking soda and vinegar, ammonia, enzymes stain remover, and carpet spot remover. They have helped somewhat but it's still darker than the other part! Any tips from you guys? I was wondering about washing soda--never used it but thought it might be a secret weapon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hints from Heloise? Or Hector?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 01, 2012 09:20PM

Give it a go, but use sparingly--it is one of the most indelibly soapy things I have ever used. You might also try a hydrogen peroxide based cleaner, or a good old fashioned steam vacuum smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:21PM

Thanks, Tam. I actually have a steam cleaner but have never used it. And peroxide was the one thing I didn't have on hand and forgot about. I will see if it works...

Date: February 02, 2012 01:03AM

Not peroxide! A hydrogen peroxide granule complex, like OxyClean or the like. But if it's mud, a steam cleaner, like the Bissell or Regina Steemer wet vacs[if they are still made?], should do the trick.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 13, 2012 01:04PM

I'm pretty sure it was called Hints from Heloise. How to get iron rust off an iron. Does anyone remember?

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 13, 2012 01:22PM

I used Tide on carpet stains before. It just takes alot of rinsing. Tide does seem to get stuff the cleanest. I wish they'd come out with a phosphate free solution. Makes you want to start washing your clothes in the river again.

Date: February 13, 2012 03:26PM

It never occurred to me to use laundry detergent on carpet stains, alice, but that makes sense!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables