Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Things you find irksome.
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 24, 2012 03:28PM

It's not so much that I am bothered that people spell words incorrectly. The irksome thing is how the different meaning of the incorrectly spelled word throws me off. I see "you're" and I think "you are," so when someone writes "your," but means "you are," I lose my train of thought.

Here's a poem that takes a while to decode:

Candidate for a Pullet Surprise
by Jerry Zar, Dean of the Graduate School, Northwestern Illinois University

I have a spelling checker.
It came with my PC.
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea.

Eye ran this poem threw it.
Your sure reel glad two no
Its vary polished in it’s weigh.
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing.
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me right awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed too bee a joule.
The checker pour o’er every word,
To cheque sum spelling rule.

Be fore a veiling checkers,
Hour spelling mite decline.
And if were lacks or have a laps,
We wood be maid to wine.

Butt now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know faults with in my cite.
Of non eye am a wear.

Now spelling does knot phase me.
It does knot bring a tier.
My pay purrs awl due glad den
With wrapped words fare as hear.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud.
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

Sow ewe can sea why aye dew prays
Such soft ware four pea seas,
And why I brake in two averse
By righting want too pleas.

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 24, 2012 05:53PM

Tamukha,
I know what you mean.
I miss tv the way it was 20 or 30 yrs ago!!
The BBC seems to have some programs still on that are like the good old days.
Most current tv uses imaging and techniques that are very invasive to the brain,and stuff you would never naturally see.
Flash flash flash!!!

Vinny

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 25, 2012 12:14AM

Vinny,

It's sad, you know, but I think the only natural TV viewable on American programming today is soap operas!

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:33AM

I am irked by people who leave their shopping cart in the parking lot right next to someone else's vehicle. As if walking 5 extra feet to put their cart in the lil' corral thing is too much effort.

Oh, I have another. I don't appreciate when people throw garbage away and the rim of the trash liner falls into the can. Then, people just continue to pile the garbage ontop of the liner without fixing it. Drives me insane.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 27, 2012 03:56AM

That shopping cart issue has been raging, RAGING in the paper here for YEARS now. Seriously, there are two radical factions, those who think it's a crime against nature and those who feel jobs are at risk and NOBODY should put anything away (including trash) or somebody responsible for tidying it up will be out of a job. It's ridiculous! Clean up after yourselves! Didn't yo mama teach you nuthing?! Sheesh.

I get a bit tired of some of the beating of dead horses that goes on around here. Certain individuals saying the same tired old thing in every. single. post. Hellloooo, we hhheeaarrrddd you already. Move On!

Date: February 27, 2012 02:48PM

The shopping cart thing is a big angry bee in my bonnet, too. There's a reason why the shopping cart ports seem to take up valuable parking real estate--they're there to be used! I have seen people leave shopping carts beside their cars when the shopping cart port was another two spaces away! How lazy is that?!

Date: February 29, 2012 05:00AM

SPITTING - Anyone spitting on the sidewalk - Spitting in a cup from chewing tobacco while having a conversation (I had a boss who did this while talking with me!)

Men who touch their crotch when they first see a woman in public who is a stranger (Yes, there really are men who do this. It has happened to me MANY times and there is no way that I have solicited that behavior. I consider it crude and repulsive. Perhaps the man is just acting out some sort of symbolic dominance thing?)

My favorite raw vegan

Date: February 29, 2012 02:43PM

OMG "Men who touch their crotch when they first see a woman in public who is a stranger"? Where the heck do you live that men do THAT?! Gross!

As for the spitting, I don't like it either but if you cough something up for pity sake, spit it out no matter where you are! I'd rather see that then have people swallowing what the body wants OUT. Yuck. The tobacco thing though, that's nasty. Ew.

Date: February 29, 2012 03:02PM

Yea the spitting thing.
I cannot watch most baseball games,especially while eating,because of that dam spitting.
GROSS.

AND...........I even see it happening on the golf course with professional golfers.I mean, its so low class,and golf to me is a higher class sport.

And in this day and age of super big high def tv's...you get the idea.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 03:03PM by eaglefly.

Date: February 29, 2012 03:16PM

I guess it's because I have kids, those natural body things just don't squick me out the way they used to. I mean, after spending years wiping somebody else's butt, picking somebody else's nose, dealing with somebody else's ear wax, cleaning up their barf and when they miss the toilet, etc etc etc. Meh. Spitting.
LOL, I make such a case for parenting, eh? It's amazing that anybody ever does it. It's such a gross fest, ha ha.

Date: March 01, 2012 12:14AM

Good point coco!
Since I dont have kids,I guess I am more sensitive to all that gross stuff.
I cant stand it when my cat barfs.
I put a towel on it and its days till I clean it up.
Vinny

Date: March 01, 2012 01:56AM

Heard this today, for the first time in a while, in a TV show monologue:

"Should have went."

I recall my mother[an educator] telling me that even a fairly illiterate peasant in almost any other nation would never make such an elementary error because: a.) their language would not be structured for it, and b.) the social humiliation guaranteed to immediately follow was a strong deterrent. [sigh]

Date: March 01, 2012 05:11PM

That's a hard statement to wrap your head around, eh? Should have went. Yuck.

Date: March 02, 2012 08:25PM

Coco, the crotch thing happens mostly in larger urban areas in the U.S. where those (fortunatley few) men think they'll remain anonymous, which wouldn't be the case in smaller towns or rural areas where people know each other. Glad you haven't had to put up with it.

Being back in the US, I also notice/find the Ma'am and Sir thing bothersome. People are trying to be polite, but I prefer waitpeople, salespeople, etc. to not get into the obsequious/subservient thing. They're performing a service, not being a lower class citizen. I don't like Sir/Ma'am from children either. Sure, I think people should show respect for one another, but hearing lots of Sirs and Ma'ams reminds me of a scared, weaker dog rolling over and exposing its belly upon greeting another dog. Where is the dignity in that?

My favorite raw vegan

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables