Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Spirit Festival Harassment???
Posted by: RawBliss ()
Date: May 14, 2012 01:14PM

Below is a recent newsletter from Happy Oasis @ Raw Spirit.
Any of you know anything about this???

Because We Celebrate You!...

... We would love to invite you home with us to the Happy Oasis Retreat soon! Feel free to call us for a personalized retreat any time. We've been traveling on the "Lovingkindness Tour" for most of 2012 thus far and as spring has sprung the retreat is now seeking a live-in gardener (1 hour of gardening per day in exchange for accommodations in an amazing, private, small glass room with a see-through roof!) as well as a live-in experienced property manager with a loving heart and splendid communication skills. Bio and references are essential. Also, as winter students are moving on for the summer, a room with a view and studio apartment with an organic greenhouse are now coming available.
Yes, it's true that Raw Spirit's HQ, The Happy Oasis Retreat, IS NOW FOR SALE! Feel free to Facebook, email and call your friends to be the one to receive the $2,000 Finders' Fee. Please Scroll down to the bottom of this letter for dreamy details of the Raw Spirit Paradise in the gorgeous Granite Dells near Prescott, Arizona. This is a perfect place to commence your retreat community.
WHY IS RAW SPIRIT FEST'S HEADQUARTERS BEING SOLD? As some of you know, due to it's phenomenal success, since Sedona in 2007, the Raw Spirit Festival and it's founder have been under attack by forces that did not wish for the raw vegan organic movement to become widespread. Forces opposing the festival included a large corporation that manufactures GMOs, others that make and distribute over-the-counter drugs, and a nation-wide association involving medical establishments, all intertwined with governmental agencies.
It took me awhile to believe my friends who were trying to tell me in the early years between 2004 and 2006 that we were being observed, as I now know it is not unusual for any event with more than 150 participants.
The first active agent, posing as "a concerned citizen", was hired to smear the festival's reputation, including its founder, in an attempt to disband the movement in 2008. The founder realized that if she made it her mission to respond to the false accusations and death threats that happened happened from 2008 to 2011, the movement could be distracted and paralyzed with fear about this deleterious side issue, as many people's confidence to get involved with the raw lifestyle could be dampened, and the truth that eating fresh organic vegetables and fruits to help prevent and overcome most diseases would remain hidden.
The founder had suffered greatly for decades from not knowing this simple truth herself. Her ignorance created many bouts of serious pneumonia, as well as arthritis, diabetes, chronic fatigue and more needless illnesses. Having personally experienced the healing power of siimple, raw, organic foods, including vegetable juices, the founder of today's movement was deeply inspired to let everyone know that many hospital visits, prescriptions, surgeries, and premature deaths could be prevented.
Rather than taking to the stage and selling products, as she could have over the years, instead, she as the Mother of The Movement, invited more than 900 vendors & sponsors and 675 presenters to join her, most of the latter at first reluctant until she encouraged them, to share their truth and beauty on stage. So much love, hope, kindness and generosity of spirit filled the festival air as women were welcomed in equal numbers on stage for the first time in modern raw vegan history. Meanwhile we reached out to thousands of friends of myriad ethnic backgrounds, including many leaders hailing from Africa to Asia to Europe to the Native Americas, who enthusiastically converged in Raw Spirit's international festival atmosphere in historic numbers.

The founder realized that using a Bodhisattva approach, by quietening her own ego while silently accepting absurd allegations concocted about her and Raw Spirit, rather than fighting them, that her reputation might be ruined by the less wise, less kind, and less discerning, but that her greater aim to make "raw vegan" a household word, would happen. And boy howdy! Did it happen! In less than a decade, a billion dollar economy was created out of thin air! Raw Spirit was the inspiration of more raw vegan-friendly companies, creative corporations, couples and kids than any other known raw vegan-eco-peace gathering in modern history.

During these years, the joyful founder-philanthropist went from having ample hard-earned personal savings, which were donated to the Raw Spirit Movement, to going broke due to an embezzling CFO, and several embezzlements during festivals by registration staff, over several years due to unwittingly hiring numerous agents!
This is a risk that idealistic history-changing pioneers take. Historically, these often too-trusting founders are not supported after smear campaigns on the founder's character. When the leader of a movement that "must be stopped", according to the powers that be, happens to be peaceful and a woman, rather than imprisoning her, it is more often the case to attempt destroy such a movement by 1. damaging the female founder's reputation while 2. bankrupting her. What was surprising and sad was that a few Raw Spirit business leaders opted to have "competing" events, and in their competitive spirit, decided to promote the misinformation, not realizing that I do not compete, but cooperate with all, including the agents, preferring to not have an enemy in the world because of the way I conduct myself.

The good news is that after announcing in January of 2012 that the Raw Spirit Festival is 'hibernating', the surreptious perennial stream of noxious agents suddenly and immediately packed their bags, not to be seen (thus far) again. They had apparently completed their mission with this particular movement leader.
But did they win? I think not.THE PEOPLE WON the knowledge, which is what they were fighting for, because the truth is now out about the power of raw vegan foods. Today, the movement is so big, that it would take a tremendous number of arrests and an army of disinformation campaigns claiming that raw veganism is dangerous or unsustainable, etc, to overturn what we have co-created. Congratulations everyone!
So, I can rest in peace with my mission accomplished. I am selling my home to pay back the remaining $29,000 of the $135,000 debt that occurred back in 2009 from the largest embezzlement. I opted to place this debt, perhaps over-responsibly, on my personal credit cards until we could figure out what happened. The CFO was too clever for me to follow (book keeping is admittedly not my forte) with clever, illegal, on line transfers to non-festival accounts that would soon disappear, so I have chosen the more noble path to pay these bills that are not mine so that everyone could get paid. The money to pay them was there, but it vanished while I was on extensive tour in 2009.

As my friends know, I have been living simply my entire life; however, more hand-to-mouth for three years now. Thank goodness I know how to forage, fast and grow sprouts! These skills have come in handy! Since I did not start the non-profit with the aim to get rich, beside the monetary pickle, it has all been a fabulous adventure, mostly due to befriending so many (truly) wonderful human angels, perhaps including you! So unless someone steps into with creative assistance, to which my heart is wide open, I am having to sell my precious home-sweet-home of 20 years (thankfully owned free and clear for many years) to pay off the remaining festival debts and to be Free To Be. I love nothing more than living a peaceful life of voluntary simplicity.
There are lower paths and higher paths. May we follow the highest spiritual path. May the next generation of raw vegan activists not have to endure what i did. The path has been dug, the road has been plowed and paved. Now it just needs YOUR maintenance and wonderful, unique, creative offerings. May we support each other and see the goodness in all as we continue to experience ceaseless miracles!

Meanwhile, We Hope To Be In Your Special Presence at these upcoming events on our Ever-Sprouting Spring Schedule:

There are still 4 of 12 spaces remaining to Join Us Next Weekend at the "Havasu Helicopter Swim Hike Yoga Meditation Adventure Quest!" ,Friday to Sunday MAY 18 - 20, as we helicopter, swim, hike, stretch, soak in the serenity and enjoy raw vegan cuisine amidst azure waterfalls along the verdant canyon's swimming trails! Give yourself the most breath-making adventure ever! Helicopter, Swim, Hike & Quest deep inside Arizona's spectacular Grand Canyon. Dreamy Swimming and Hiking All Day Long, Easy Cave & Cliff Climbing, Yoga & Meditation Circles, Fabulous (Raw Vegan) Feasts, Foraging, and Fantastic Friends. Fly into the car-free Native American Supai Canyon Village where horses are still the main mode of transportation. Enjoy vibrant vegan meals and transform your life amidst unbelievable beauty! Helicopter rides both into & out of ARIZONA'S Most Astounding Paradise… All inclusive ONLY $495 Reservations, swimming & hiking experience required. 928.308.2146 happy@happyoasis.com
What may be the final retreat at the Happy Oasis is a delightful weekend combining "Yoga & Meditation Celebration" with the "Slow Down & Sleep Retreat", both back by popular request, June 15 - 17th. $195.
Feel The Levity of Trampoline Yoga, Share Swimming Pool Satsang, Hike the Spectacular Canyons, Enjoy Beach, Pool, Patio, Deck Temple and Hot Tub Sunrise Sunset Meditation Celebrations.
•Relax while watching clouds drift by
•Share pillow talk or silence on the decks and golden beach all day long
•Sunbathe or stretch slowly in the shade
•Hot Tub with canyon views beneath the shimmering stars
•Slowly enjoy snore yoga when your body temple feels inspired
•Lazy pranayama while watching friendly wildlife saunter by
•Jump on the trampoline between massages and hammock naps
•Sneak into the garden and nibble greens when no one's looking
•Read bedtime stories and poems any time of day or night
•Be served fresh salads, smoothies & juice in bed or on deck throughout the day
•Sleep Beneath the stars or in a room featuring dreamy views
•Indulge yourself in horizontal realities
•Gaze or go within
•Discover how little you can do!
•All inclusive raw vegan meals, and al fresco accommodations. Reservations Required.
Thank You for staying in touch, visiting us sooon at the Happy Oasis and along the path as we continue on the "2012 Lovingkindness With Infinite Abundance Tour" throughout the year around the nation and planet. Feel free to sign up for the newsletter at RawSpirit.com. Please let us know where we can best serve you in ceaseless celebration! We would love to see you along the endless path of bliss either at our home or yours.
Joyous Journey!
Peace, Love, Truth & Hugs,
Happyo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Spirit Festival Harassment???
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 14, 2012 05:05PM

I had difficulty absorbing this letter, so I changed the layout to make it easier to read.

**************************************************************************************

Below is a recent newsletter from Happy Oasis @ Raw Spirit.
Any of you know anything about this???

Because We Celebrate You!...

... We would love to invite you home with us to the Happy Oasis Retreat soon! Feel free to call us for a personalized retreat any time. We've been traveling on the "Lovingkindness Tour" for most of 2012 thus far and as spring has sprung the retreat is now seeking a live-in gardener (1 hour of gardening per day in exchange for accommodations in an amazing, private, small glass room with a see-through roof!) as well as a live-in experienced property manager with a loving heart and splendid communication skills. Bio and references are essential. Also, as winter students are moving on for the summer, a room with a view and studio apartment with an organic greenhouse are now coming available.

Yes, it's true that Raw Spirit's HQ, The Happy Oasis Retreat, IS NOW FOR SALE! Feel free to Facebook, email and call your friends to be the one to receive the $2,000 Finders' Fee. Please Scroll down to the bottom of this letter for dreamy details of the Raw Spirit Paradise in the gorgeous Granite Dells near Prescott, Arizona. This is a perfect place to commence your retreat community.

WHY IS RAW SPIRIT FEST'S HEADQUARTERS BEING SOLD?

As some of you know, due to it's phenomenal success, since Sedona in 2007, the Raw Spirit Festival and it's founder have been under attack by forces that did not wish for the raw vegan organic movement to become widespread. Forces opposing the festival included a large corporation that manufactures GMOs, others that make and distribute over-the-counter drugs, and a nation-wide association involving medical establishments, all intertwined with governmental agencies.

It took me awhile to believe my friends who were trying to tell me in the early years between 2004 and 2006 that we were being observed, as I now know it is not unusual for any event with more than 150 participants.

The first active agent, posing as "a concerned citizen", was hired to smear the festival's reputation, including its founder, in an attempt to disband the movement in 2008. The founder realized that if she made it her mission to respond to the false accusations and death threats that happened happened from 2008 to 2011, the movement could be distracted and paralyzed with fear about this deleterious side issue, as many people's confidence to get involved with the raw lifestyle could be dampened, and the truth that eating fresh organic vegetables and fruits to help prevent and overcome most diseases would remain hidden.

The founder had suffered greatly for decades from not knowing this simple truth herself. Her ignorance created many bouts of serious pneumonia, as well as arthritis, diabetes, chronic fatigue and more needless illnesses. Having personally experienced the healing power of siimple, raw, organic foods, including vegetable juices, the founder of today's movement was deeply inspired to let everyone know that many hospital visits, prescriptions, surgeries, and premature deaths could be prevented.

Rather than taking to the stage and selling products, as she could have over the years, instead, she as the Mother of The Movement, invited more than 900 vendors & sponsors and 675 presenters to join her, most of the latter at first reluctant until she encouraged them, to share their truth and beauty on stage. So much love, hope, kindness and generosity of spirit filled the festival air as women were welcomed in equal numbers on stage for the first time in modern raw vegan history. Meanwhile we reached out to thousands of friends of myriad ethnic backgrounds, including many leaders hailing from Africa to Asia to Europe to the Native Americas, who enthusiastically converged in Raw Spirit's international festival atmosphere in historic numbers.

The founder realized that using a Bodhisattva approach, by quietening her own ego while silently accepting absurd allegations concocted about her and Raw Spirit, rather than fighting them, that her reputation might be ruined by the less wise, less kind, and less discerning, but that her greater aim to make "raw vegan" a household word, would happen. And boy howdy! Did it happen! In less than a decade, a billion dollar economy was created out of thin air! Raw Spirit was the inspiration of more raw vegan-friendly companies, creative corporations, couples and kids than any other known raw vegan-eco-peace gathering in modern history.

During these years, the joyful founder-philanthropist went from having ample hard-earned personal savings, which were donated to the Raw Spirit Movement, to going broke due to an embezzling CFO, and several embezzlements during festivals by registration staff, over several years due to unwittingly hiring numerous agents!

This is a risk that idealistic history-changing pioneers take. Historically, these often too-trusting founders are not supported after smear campaigns on the founder's character. When the leader of a movement that "must be stopped", according to the powers that be, happens to be peaceful and a woman, rather than imprisoning her, it is more often the case to attempt destroy such a movement by 1. damaging the female founder's reputation while 2. bankrupting her. What was surprising and sad was that a few Raw Spirit business leaders opted to have "competing" events, and in their competitive spirit, decided to promote the misinformation, not realizing that I do not compete, but cooperate with all, including the agents, preferring to not have an enemy in the world because of the way I conduct myself.

The good news is that after announcing in January of 2012 that the Raw Spirit Festival is 'hibernating', the surreptious perennial stream of noxious agents suddenly and immediately packed their bags, not to be seen (thus far) again. They had apparently completed their mission with this particular movement leader.

But did they win? I think not.THE PEOPLE WON the knowledge, which is what they were fighting for, because the truth is now out about the power of raw vegan foods. Today, the movement is so big, that it would take a tremendous number of arrests and an army of disinformation campaigns claiming that raw veganism is dangerous or unsustainable, etc, to overturn what we have co-created. Congratulations everyone!

So, I can rest in peace with my mission accomplished. I am selling my home to pay back the remaining $29,000 of the $135,000 debt that occurred back in 2009 from the largest embezzlement. I opted to place this debt, perhaps over-responsibly, on my personal credit cards until we could figure out what happened. The CFO was too clever for me to follow (book keeping is admittedly not my forte) with clever, illegal, on line transfers to non-festival accounts that would soon disappear, so I have chosen the more noble path to pay these bills that are not mine so that everyone could get paid. The money to pay them was there, but it vanished while I was on extensive tour in 2009.

As my friends know, I have been living simply my entire life; however, more hand-to-mouth for three years now. Thank goodness I know how to forage, fast and grow sprouts! These skills have come in handy! Since I did not start the non-profit with the aim to get rich, beside the monetary pickle, it has all been a fabulous adventure, mostly due to befriending so many (truly) wonderful human angels, perhaps including you! So unless someone steps into with creative assistance, to which my heart is wide open, I am having to sell my precious home-sweet-home of 20 years (thankfully owned free and clear for many years) to pay off the remaining festival debts and to be Free To Be. I love nothing more than living a peaceful life of voluntary simplicity.

There are lower paths and higher paths. May we follow the highest spiritual path. May the next generation of raw vegan activists not have to endure what i did. The path has been dug, the road has been plowed and paved. Now it just needs YOUR maintenance and wonderful, unique, creative offerings. May we support each other and see the goodness in all as we continue to experience ceaseless miracles!

Meanwhile, We Hope To Be In Your Special Presence at these upcoming events on our Ever-Sprouting Spring Schedule:

There are still 4 of 12 spaces remaining to Join Us Next Weekend at the "Havasu Helicopter Swim Hike Yoga Meditation Adventure Quest!" ,Friday to Sunday MAY 18 - 20, as we helicopter, swim, hike, stretch, soak in the serenity and enjoy raw vegan cuisine amidst azure waterfalls along the verdant canyon's swimming trails! Give yourself the most breath-making adventure ever! Helicopter, Swim, Hike & Quest deep inside Arizona's spectacular Grand Canyon. Dreamy Swimming and Hiking All Day Long, Easy Cave & Cliff Climbing, Yoga & Meditation Circles, Fabulous (Raw Vegan) Feasts, Foraging, and Fantastic Friends. Fly into the car-free Native American Supai Canyon Village where horses are still the main mode of transportation. Enjoy vibrant vegan meals and transform your life amidst unbelievable beauty! Helicopter rides both into & out of ARIZONA'S Most Astounding Paradise… All inclusive ONLY $495 Reservations, swimming & hiking experience required. 928.308.2146 happy@happyoasis.com

What may be the final retreat at the Happy Oasis is a delightful weekend combining "Yoga & Meditation Celebration" with the "Slow Down & Sleep Retreat", both back by popular request, June 15 - 17th. $195.

Feel The Levity of Trampoline Yoga, Share Swimming Pool Satsang, Hike the Spectacular Canyons, Enjoy Beach, Pool, Patio, Deck Temple and Hot Tub Sunrise Sunset Meditation Celebrations.

• Relax while watching clouds drift by
• Share pillow talk or silence on the decks and golden beach all day long
• Sunbathe or stretch slowly in the shade
• Hot Tub with canyon views beneath the shimmering stars
• Slowly enjoy snore yoga when your body temple feels inspired
• Lazy pranayama while watching friendly wildlife saunter by
• Jump on the trampoline between massages and hammock naps
• Sneak into the garden and nibble greens when no one's looking
• Read bedtime stories and poems any time of day or night
• Be served fresh salads, smoothies & juice in bed or on deck throughout the day
• Sleep Beneath the stars or in a room featuring dreamy views
• Indulge yourself in horizontal realities
• Gaze or go within
•Discover how little you can do!
•All inclusive raw vegan meals, and al fresco accommodations. Reservations Required.

Thank You for staying in touch, visiting us sooon at the Happy Oasis and along the path as we continue on the "2012 Lovingkindness With Infinite Abundance Tour" throughout the year around the nation and planet. Feel free to sign up for the newsletter at RawSpirit.com. Please let us know where we can best serve you in ceaseless celebration! We would love to see you along the endless path of bliss either at our home or yours.

Joyous Journey!

Peace, Love, Truth & Hugs,
Happyo

Date: May 14, 2012 11:59PM

hmmm..sounds complicated and interesting. I'm just checking it out on Google --

[www.ripoffreport.com]

Bureaucracy, factions, in-fighting, sabotage. Typical.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 15, 2012 11:04AM

Wow, I know more about these people now than I do about some people I've known all my life! winking smiley

Hope whoever may benefit most from the sale of this place meets with success.

Posted by: RawBliss ()
Date: May 15, 2012 02:21PM

Wow. Good work KidRaw!!
I haven't attended a raw spirit fest but friends say it's a wonderful time.

Date: May 15, 2012 03:21PM

I guess that's what happens if you name yourself "Happy".

The funniest part is this --

"Apollo. You shouldn't even be working for this festival. You're not even 100% raw'
(Now I normally wouldn't include that line, but first, we shouldn't judge people based on their diets. It just disgusts me how she judges people for not being 100% raw, when she herself isn't even raw….Or a vegan…Or even a VEGETARIAN for that matter. YES. Her entire diet is a 'front'. Not only does she eat fish regularly, but when came back from Mexico with a prior staff member, she was caught talking about how she had a beer and a beef burrito in Los Olganes. She claimed that she does it to "keep in touch with the 'regular unenlightened people'…Please! On top of that, she has people who secretly-shop for her and sneak food to the patio door of her house. It makes me sad to think about the level of judgment she must receive that she has to sneak her food in and has to pretend that she's a raw vegan when she's not even a vegetarian!)

I think the board members should have drones monitor Happy's eating habits smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2012 03:22PM by KidRaw.

Date: May 15, 2012 07:08PM

Another point of view -

[rawtraveling.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 16, 2012 12:57AM

Wow, what sort of life is it if people are surveilling your patio to see what food is being brought to your door? Yikes!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 17, 2012 03:13AM

yea this is just wow lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables