Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eco Friendly Baby Products
Posted by: markevans ()
Date: May 25, 2012 07:11AM

Hi,
Check out our line of eco friendly baby products! [www.organicbabychick.com]
Our boutique only carries all natural, organic, and eco-friendly baby products. When we had our daughter, I instinctively felt the overwhelming concern for her well-being and overall health. With that concern came a lot of research into eco-friendly cribs made with natural wood, organic crib bedding, natural baby clothing, and all natural baby bath products; we started going green! That’s when we decided we wanted to offer like minded parents a place where they could shop with peace of mind for their precious babies.
I hope you like our stuff!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eco Friendly Baby Products
Posted by: sarahgreen ()
Date: May 28, 2012 04:33AM

Same thing happened to me when I had my son, great to see that you’ve put so many amazing products in one place! I love the modern designs and high fashion feel.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 28, 2012 03:03PM

Smart looking items; appreciate the sustainability.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 28, 2012 05:49PM

High end. They sure are expensive. Why is 'eco' always so expensive? The furniture isn't my style, either - it's square, angular, sharp, hard and cold, which is the minimalistic style --

[homedesigndecorating.com]

Now here is a beautiful baby crib and nursery, which is round and curvy and warm and soft; the traditional style -

Date: May 28, 2012 11:31PM

KidRaw,

The wood used in this company's furniture is sustainable--FSC certified--and the fabrics are mostly organic. There is a demographic for this; if I were expecting, I'd consider opting for these products. That's partly because much of this minimalist furniture can work post-baby in other settings. The white wingback glider chair, for example, would look great as a focal piece in an otherwise colorfully upholstered living room, once the nursery doesn't need it anymore.

The last three pics you posted above are a gorgeous room, but I do have a bias in favor of pink!

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 29, 2012 02:11AM

I love pink, too.

Eye Candy --

Date: May 29, 2012 04:42AM

Thanks! we update the site with new products frequently and would love your feedback and suggestions.

Date: May 29, 2012 04:45AM

Tamukha,

Thanks! we update the site with new products frequently and would love your feedback and suggestions.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 29, 2012 12:24PM

I, on the other hand, am not a fan of pink. Nearly all girl children seem to go through a phase of wanting everything to be either pink or purple, I find it nauseating. Thankfully G-ma is a fan of rainbow-every-colour-hippiness and my small girl loves her so she's branching out into other shades. It's hard to even find stuff these days that's other colours though, and/or doesn't have a Disney princess on it - gag.

Date: May 29, 2012 03:12PM

Thanks for posting those photos, KidRaw; giving me lots of ideas for when I redecorate my home. I would love judicious pops of pink here and there, as the house is a dusty pink brick which is exposed as an interior design element in a couple of rooms.

To me, pink doesn't have a stigma, because I had few pink things growing up, and abstained from wearing it for two and a half decades, when I realized my tweeny peaches-and-cream complexion was becoming more olive and not really flattered by pink sad smiley

People have noticed that, since I went mostly raw, my complexion has gotten clarified, and have remarked that I look well in pink--as opposed to sallow--so I dare to wear it now and then. I can decorate with it easily, however!

Date: May 29, 2012 03:25PM

I didn't dislike it as much as I do now until I had a daughter. Maybe I'm just burned out on it.
And, hey, I'm olive but can still wear pink. Just has to be the right shade, no bubblegum.

Date: May 30, 2012 04:01AM

I have a whole nursery to put together,what are you favorite products?

markevans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks! we update the site with new products
> frequently and would love your feedback and
> suggestions.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 30, 2012 07:35AM

FSC > any style of furniture, for me. If Indonesia had to burn, it's offgassing, and sprayed with strychnine, I don't care how cute it is. I won't buy it, let alone put a baby in it.

Great to see websites like this!!

Date: May 30, 2012 01:44PM

After 2 babies I can honestly say that you need very little, Very Little, for a happy, healthy babe. It's mostly just space robbing, all those weird things people buy for their kids. Messy, cluttered, off-gassing, resource wasting, useless bunk.
Essentials:
a baby carrier of some sort, Baby Bjorn was my fave both times.
a mattress protector if you'll be co-sleeping (which I highly recommend).
a car seat.
a baby food mill, the little portable hand crank kind, though you won't use that until later.
And that's all.

I didn't use a change table and any blanket or towel would do for a changing mat if I used one at all. I didn't have a diaper genie or any of that nonsense. I didn't have loads of toys, babies don't care about those at all and a lot of them are dangerous. I had just onsies and sleepers for clothes, the rest are fussy, uncomfortable and frankly a pain in the bu++.
Babies are easier than you think winking smiley.

sarahgreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a whole nursery to put together,what are
> you favorite products?
>
>
>
> markevans Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks! we update the site with new products
> > frequently and would love your feedback and
> > suggestions.

Date: May 31, 2012 04:02AM

I love this “Uptown Crib” "Sparrow Crib" [www.organicbabychick.com]
It comes in black and white, and you can build the rest of the nursery around it, good luck!

Date: June 01, 2012 04:01AM

Love it! Very nice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables