Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: happiness
Posted by: veganrawdude ()
Date: July 08, 2012 11:30AM

back2eden Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Happiness is a choice or decision to be content
> with yourself, current situation and future paths.
> Possibly only obtainable by ignoring many times
> the input and or reactions of others.
People want
> to happy but in general don't like others be truly
> happy. Jelousy arrives! My first name on this
> board way back in the good old days was HappyAlan
> and am noted every where I go for my way out sense
> of humor and laugh.

I would say this sums me up, except I take it a step further & ignore or shun people themselves, since I really don't like them. I've not met one yet that I haven't felt "used" by...

Could be the way I feel since I am a product of my enviroment. It all sucks. sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: July 08, 2012 11:46AM

you give out a vibe.

it provokes a corresponding reaction.

you change.

others respond to where you are at.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 08, 2012 12:50PM

Agree with jj, veganrawdude--people tend to get back what they put out. Alas, if you are sending out vibes that you are miserable and self loathing and untrusting, people that will treat you badly will be magnetized to you, instinctively. Happy, self confident, competent people tend not to be targeted by con artists, ya know?

And Trive is right--fake it 'til you make it ia a modern axiom because it's true, er, axiomatic--it's obviously exists as a phenomenon and works. We are our perceptions, and if I am not in charge of my own brain, who is?!

Surely it couldn't hurt to try feeling happy to see if it makes you happy? If you feel you cannot count on others at all, you must feel that you can count on yourself. You must smiling smiley

Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: July 08, 2012 01:44PM

Tamukha
I was going to add no one else can make us happy, it's totally up to us.

2 weeks ago this speaker came through and said a man or women will never feel like a real or complete man or women untill they are married. I say they need to be a real man or women before they get married. I see these types of statements comming from people who are very unhappily married and jelous of happy singles.

question= should happiness be a goal or does it result from succes. What is succes? Does only succes result in happiness.

Living in these quite mountains with little no TV makes one think more deeply on things.

Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: July 08, 2012 05:54PM

Going into much deeper thought.......

Does trying to be happy strictly for it's own sake lead to drugs and alchahol?

So is trying to be happy for it's own sake in fact selfish?

Is happiness only a reaction to events?

Or can we be happy by doing absolutely nothing?

Does true happiness only come from putting all others first before you?

Ok start thinking..........

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 09, 2012 04:00AM

la_veronique, I appreciate your story. It is amazing that when people are treated well and with respect how that influences their behavior. smiling smiley

I know a crumugeony old man who acts like a real grump, but I tell him that I'm not buying any of that - that I know he's a nice person, he can't fool me, underneath that crusty exterior is a marshmallow, etc. and sure enough I get a smile and nicer interactions from him.

So many people have been used to being treated poorly for so much of their lives that they have taken on an armour of unhappiness as "protection" against being hurt any more. It's sad, though, because they're also blocking out opportunities for positive interactions and the very happiness they'd love.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: veganrawdude ()
Date: July 09, 2012 10:29AM

I'm sorry guys - I really don't know why I keep participating in this thread, cause I am set on this one track mind thing & I honestly don't beklieve that anything will ever change.

After 40 yrs. of getting beat up you kinda get tired of trying, you know?

Tamukha (neat name, BTW) said - "Agree with jj, veganrawdude--people tend to get back what they put out. Alas, if you are sending out vibes that you are miserable and self loathing and untrusting, people that will treat you badly will be magnetized to you,"

I feel that is sort of correct, and also, you can't soar with eagles if you fly with turkeys, lol. In my case, I feel I have always been surrounded by turkeys. grinning smiley

Also, "no good deed goes unpunished", I have found to be true. I'm burned out. I have quit doing nice things for people, I don't donate to any causes anymore, I figure that money is just as useful in my own pocket as any one else's.

Just have had it completely with society/people in general.

I think back2eden is on to something in the other thread. Maybe I will sell all my land that I own & move waay out in the sticks away from all the nut cases that I must deal with on a daily basis.

Again, sorry for the ranting, negativity, etc. - it does feel good to vent though.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 09, 2012 12:20PM

Well, sending you metaphysical hugs, anyway, veganrawdude--free of charge and no strings attached! grinning smiley

Posted by: natashawoodland ()
Date: July 24, 2012 10:04AM

Happiness for me is something you are contented with what you have, if anything goes bad that makes you sad and you can even make a good smile out of that moment.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables