Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
this wilderness living
Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: July 08, 2012 08:18PM

A snake just got in my cabin from under the door,a first. Was tempted to put it in the cabinets to catch the mice. Would be a natural method.

I have not had drapes or blinds on any of the windows for 9 months, you become very at one with nature that way. It's just a little eery at night that way.

I don't like going out at night to get wood for the stove lest I have a meeting with a couger, mountian lion or cyote/wolf pack. So I'm making a wood box inside now.

Moving towards being off grid.

Green is the word here now, and can't see very far through it all.

Today I will see how the river just up the road is for swimming.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: this wilderness living
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 08, 2012 08:37PM

Wanna get married?

Date: July 08, 2012 09:38PM

Coco

Well, I have never been maried and have had this life time dream and prerequosite of living in the wilderness like I fianlly am now. I have been fixing up this cabin to make it very livable, simple and livable, natural and livable, green and livable, refreshing and livable.

"Cat's know thier way "home" even across thousands of miles"...........

by surprise, they show up at your "door" unexpectledly..........

so you don't have to "look for them"..............

B2B

Date: July 08, 2012 10:28PM

Sounds dreamy.
We just moved in with cousins on a farm they rent to get a little more natural. We've got a big garden (it's really weedy right now though, and not with the edible kinds!) and are sharing space, chores, and children. It's not out in the wild but it's a good step in the right direction. Time to show the next generation how to do it differently. The rest of the world has gone bonkers, the more natural living people can do instead, the better.
Good on ya!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 09, 2012 01:22AM

I love being out at night. When I go out and look across a field to woods by a stream nearby, the fireflies in the trees look like paparrazzi flashing camera lights. Such beauty!

There have been nights that I've heard packs of coyotes go yipping by. A bear lives near us. Many black snakes which are not poisonous are around, although I prefer not to get up close to them. Turkeys. Raccoons. Possoms. Bobcats. Various bird species. Etc. Being near animals in nature is a true gift.

I'm not wilderness living, like you, but certainly admire you for it. nd I appreciate nature whenever I can.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:32AM

back2eden Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A snake just got in my cabin from under the door,a
> first. Was tempted to put it in the cabinets to
> catch the mice. Would be a natural method.
>
> I have not had drapes or blinds on any of the
> windows for 9 months, you become very at one with
> nature that way. It's just a little eery at night
> that way.
>
> I don't like going out at night to get wood for
> the stove lest I have a meeting with a couger,
> mountian lion or cyote/wolf pack. So I'm making a
> wood box inside now.
>
> Moving towards being off grid.
>
> Green is the word here now, and can't see very far
> through it all.
>
> Today I will see how the river just up the road is
> for swimming.
Sounds good to me!
You sound a little like Dick Proenneke,who went off to live a solitary life in a cabin for 30 yrs.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 09, 2012 12:23PM

Yeah, I was just gonna say, this sounds like "Alone in the Wilderness":

[www.aloneinthewilderness.com]

I have watched some episodes of his decades-long video biography on PBS. Fascinating.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 09, 2012 02:43PM

I don't like going out at night to get wood for
> wood box inside now.

eaglefly Ive lived 38 years in the Sinkone Wilderness and We have lots of mountian
lion Black Bear ect here, I can tell you they are very seldom a threat. only danger in nothern Ca is man. Just two days ago we had armed robbers here looking for pot.
They got away this time.
Ive never had a problem with critters.

Date: July 09, 2012 03:05PM

"Alone in the Wilderness." I watched that vid. about a month ago. It started out as a 1 year experiment that turned into 30 years. Yep, that's very close to the way it is here except no hunting though - LOL. I have another video I got for free on tape that might be called Jerimiah Johnson that I need to watch. Snow removal in the winter is like on the vid is a lot of work.If its not raining or snowing I shovel snow in a t-shirt as I am very cold aclimated.
Moose always get the right of way. They are king of the forest.

Date: July 09, 2012 09:02PM

Today a freind and long term resident of the area showed me some of the nearby backroads destinations. This was a realy cool rustic log lodge with log cabins that people could stay at. Very remote,quite,views - Western Pleasure Ranch.

Then we went as for north as we could on a dirt road going to Canada. We got into Grizzly bear country and the only place in the USA where Carribu are.

Awesome hiking trails and river water perfectly clean. Snow was still along the road in few places and even on top of the highest peaks.

The is truly a dream land or WOW area.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:24PM

And you have internet there?smiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: July 09, 2012 11:57PM

riverhousebill Wrote:
> > the stove lest I have a meeting with a couger,
> > mountian lion or cyote/wolf pack. So I'm making
> a
> > wood box inside now.
>
> eaglefly Ive lived 38 years in the Sinkone
> Wilderness and We have lots of mountian
> lion Black Bear ect here, I can tell you they are
> very seldom a threat. only danger in nothern Ca is
> man. Just two days ago we had armed robbers here
> looking for pot.
> They got away this time.
> Ive never had a problem with critters.

OMG! Did they try to break into your place or what? How did you handle it? The one thing I would be slightly freaked by (in living out in a remote location) is that scenario--someone trying to break in and there are no cops for miles. Of course, in the city or close by, the chances are sooo much greater for it and crimes still occur, despite a nearby police force, LOL.

Date: July 09, 2012 11:58PM

back2eden Wrote:
> A snake just got in my cabin from under the door,a
> first. Was tempted to put it in the cabinets to
> catch the mice. Would be a natural method.
>
> I have not had drapes or blinds on any of the
> windows for 9 months, you become very at one with
> nature that way. It's just a little eery at night
> that way.
>
> wood box inside now.
>
> Moving towards being off grid.
>
> Green is the word here now, and can't see very far
> through it all.
>
> Today I will see how the river just up the road is
> for swimming.

Do you have a blog or would you consider writing one? I would love to learn about how to do this thing! The only concern I have is not being "handy," although I am resourceful. But I don't know how to build, fix stuff, etc. I wonder if a novice could really make it off the grid.

Date: July 10, 2012 01:04AM

Chat I using WildBlue sattelite for internet. No telephone wires here.

Banana who

No, I can't do a blog. All my friends and I here are house builders, fixers, inventers, handyman, do it yourselfers. Setting up an off grid house is not that hard for phone, internet, heat and power. All the work of upkeep is what's hard. Snow and ice removal, water runoff diversion, fixing and building, gardening, mowing, cutting down trees. Gardening here requires high deer fencing. Moose eat the fruit trees if not fenced.

Date: July 10, 2012 06:10PM

banana who Wrote:
> riverhousebill Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't like going out at night to get wood for
>
> > > the stove lest I have a meeting with a couger,
>
> > > mountian lion or cyote/wolf pack. So I'm
> making
> > a
> > > wood box inside now.
> >
> > eaglefly Ive lived 38 years in the Sinkone
> > Wilderness and We have lots of mountian
> > lion Black Bear ect here, I can tell you they
> are
> > very seldom a threat. only danger in nothern Ca
> is
> > man. Just two days ago we had armed robbers
> here
> > looking for pot.
> > They got away this time.
> > Ive never had a problem with critters.
>
>
> OMG! Did they try to break into your place or
> what? How did you handle it? The one thing I would
> be slightly freaked by (in living out in a remote
> location) is that scenario--someone trying to
> break in and there are no cops for miles. Of
> course, in the city or close by, the chances are
> sooo much greater for it and crimes still occur,
> despite a nearby police force, LOL.

Sad thing about living in the country today is the spiral of crime as our economy dives Thursday night a man who lives down the road came to my place saying armed robbors with shot guns were holding the people next parcel over from me, We are very remote, I ran on foot to the nearest phone ,911 and they roled
but the scum got away this time every other week here this plays out. words out with the gangsters ect to go north and hit pot farms. for every reported robbery
many go on reported here and people are being shot. mostly robbers but not all But you know this problem is not just rual, I was in San Fransico yesterday and a good friend told me robberies
in the Oakland hills are off the chart cops cant cope. It is only going to get worse as the our economy becomes third world

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 10, 2012 06:32PM

Yeah, from what I heard, California's going down the tubes. It's a shame. Everybody's leaving the sinking ship --

There's a whole website devoted to the CA implosion -

[americanpatrol.com]

Here's a good one --

[www.yolohub.com]

Date: July 10, 2012 07:17PM

You hear these stories like this and they prove why we must be against gun control and the total gun confiscation that seems to be comming soon.

Tyrany is free to reign when the people are not armed.

Date: July 10, 2012 10:53PM

back2eden Wrote:
> You hear these stories like this and they prove
> why we must be against gun control and the total
> gun confiscation that seems to be comming soon.
>
> Tyrany is free to reign when the people are not
> armed.

Well, not me. I detest guns. But I do feel a bit differently about gun control and it was ironically due to Michael Moore's film "Bowling for Columbine!" I hope I am not repeating myself but he had a scene where a Canadian bank offered free rifles for opening a checking account. It was grostesque to imagine such a thing but when he rattled off the stats, he contradicted himself. In Canada there is way less crime than here yet the gun laws are much laxer. So the proliferation of guns in and of itself is not the cause for gun crimes obviously. And as gun advocates note, the only ones who suffer from such laws are those who abide by them! They are the ones who get training on handling guns, etc.

I do not like the idea of people being armed and around me, though. I just think that hunting is wrong and being armed doesn't mean you can prevent someone from attacking you, unless you always have your gun in your hand. But I guess if you live in the boonies, it gives a bit of comfort.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: July 10, 2012 11:04PM

back2eden,

Awesome plan for wilderness living, I envy you. In regards to outlawing guns, I found this interesting.

[tysonwynn.com]

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Brings a tear to my eye, considering our present state, unmanned drones patrolling the U.S. skies, etc. etc. etc.

...Virtually never are murderers the ordinary, law-abiding people against whom gun bans are aimed. Almost without exception, murderers are extreme aberrants with lifelong histories of crime, substance abuse,

psychopathology, mental retardation and/or irrational violence against those around them, as well as other hazardous behavior, e.g., automobile and gun accidents."

-- Don B. Kates, writing on statistical patterns in gun crime

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2012 11:07PM by veganjuice.

Date: July 11, 2012 12:13AM

The problem is not guns as the average man can easily take down the average woman with no weapons.

The problem is upbringings that create violence. So the answer is to raise better people and not baby sit every minute in every way monsters you created.

A "real man" decked out with guns isn't going to hurt anyone, only defend.

Example football is specail training in being violent.

Movies, video games, music - all violence traing, so don't expect anything different than the creation of monsters. What you put in is what you get out.

That's why I haven't had children yet. I'm not in the place to raise them properly.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 11, 2012 02:10PM

Bravo!!!
What a refreshing statement.
I myself dont have kids,because I dont feel I could have raised them properly.
I aint gonna be on the Maury show,thats for sure!!!!

Date: July 11, 2012 03:35PM

I have to say the "wilderness living" is very much less appealing now than it was in the beginning of this threadsmiling smileysmiling smiley

If this is your life-time dream, is it not possible to find a true wilderness, where you can live in peace and spirituality without constant threat of armed robbery? Because otherwise, well it's sort of difficult to understand what's the point...

(unless of course one interprets the "wilderness" appropriatelywinking smiley jk as it clearly not the case in your situation)

Date: July 11, 2012 04:07PM

We don't have robbery problems here. I know people who never lock there doors and some times left wide open while gone. This is a monster and canibal free zone. It is a true peacefull wilderness.

Date: July 11, 2012 04:28PM

Doh sorry! I confused your posts and the other person, about having to call 911.

It's true about not needing to lock doors in remote places, and it is such a great feeling when you can do it.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 12, 2012 12:31PM

Heh, I'm in bucolic, out-of-the-way suburban Detroit, and we didn't lock our doors, once upon a time, either . . . Time passes and things change.

Hope it stays crime and monster-free for a long time where you are, back2eden smiling smiley

Date: July 12, 2012 01:42PM

LOL, the door here is broken. Can't even close it, let alone lock it right. I find goats and chickens in the house all the dang time, ha ha ha.
Oddly enough, we do lock up the cottage when we leave it, even in summer when we're coming right back. There have been vandals out there though, I guess that's why.

Date: July 12, 2012 09:41PM

Oh goats! I love goats! Sounds very neat!

Date: July 12, 2012 11:59PM

banana who Wrote:
> Oh goats! I love goats! Sounds very neat!

I love goats in a pen.sad smiley

Years ago we rented a farmhouse & the owner let all the animals run around all over the place. The goats were absolute monsters. You could never turn your back on them, they would charge/ram you every chance they got.

Our young son could never go outside & play because of those horrid beasts. We shot them a few times with a potato gun, didn't bother them in the least.

Couldn't wait to get away from there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2012 11:59PM by veganjuice.

Date: July 13, 2012 02:11AM

Yeah, from what I heard, California's going down the tubes. It's a shame. Everybody's leaving the sinking ship --

There's a whole website devoted to the CA implosion -

Kid Raw Ca.is going down on many fronts I agree, But from what I see in my travels
the rest of the country has a nose lead on Ca.
The implosion problem last time I checked was even outside of Ca. with 7 billon.
Ca has 30 millon + the most of any U.S. state so we have what you get with that #
I still dont lock my door or care to get a gun.
The govt has no interest in taking our guns, Hell they already have our brains!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 02:13AM by riverhousebill.

Date: July 13, 2012 05:43AM

"The govt has no interest in taking our guns, Hell they already have our brains!"

That is probably true. I would guess they have electronics equipment that is capale of hitting our CNS in such a manner as to leave us incapacitated, why would they even bother with an old fashioned firearm?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables