Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Grace
Posted by: jono ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:54AM

Got any thoughts on grace?

I read it was the ultimate key to self-realization

I read this on the wikipedia:

"Hindu devotional or bhakti literature available throughout India is replete with references to grace (kripa) as the ultimate key required for spiritual self-realization.[16][additional citation needed]"

[en.wikipedia.org]

I also read on the wikipedia that kripa/grace must be earned, and that it can lead to moksha which is:

"the final extrication of the soul or consciousness (purusha) from samsara and the bringing to an end of all the suffering involved in being subject to the cycle of repeated death and rebirth (reincarnation)."

[en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Funny thing is, not long after first reading about grace being some ultimate master key, did I experience grace in an amazing way... by they way did you know the author of Amazing Grace was a fan of profanity? Apparentyly so:

"While aboard the ship Greyhound, Newton gained notoriety for being one of the most profane men the captain had ever met. In a culture where sailors commonly used oaths and swore, Newton was admonished several times for not only using the worst words the captain had ever heard, but creating new ones to exceed the limits of verbal debauchery.[11]"

[en.wikipedia.org]

Have you experienced grace in any profound way? What does grace mean to you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grace
Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:38AM

The true meaning of grace from the Bible has been destroyed by twinkies like Joel Olsteen.

It comes from the paraprhased passage - By grace are we saved, it is not of ourselves or works, it is a gift of YAH lest any man should boast.

Wishfull thinkers try to make this mean that works are not needed for salvation. True we are not saved by doing any works, but if we are not doing works after salvation then we were never truely saved. Very few understand this or want to admit it. They try to turn this into mean we can sin as much as we like and still be saved. They try to say that YAH now winks at sin.
Grace is YAH giving us what dont deserve and not giving us what we do deserve.
There is a song by the group "News Boys" with those words in it called its a real good thing. There is a false doctrine out called once saved always saved.

YAH has poured overwelming amounts of grace and favour out on me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 04:46AM by back2eden.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 23, 2012 08:37AM

<<Funny thing is, not long after first reading about grace being some ultimate master key, did I experience grace in an amazing way... by they way did you know the author of Amazing Grace was a fan of profanity? Apparentyly so:>>

oh my.. you are one quirky guy! LOLsmiling smiley

talking about grace and a profanity laden author of amazing grace all in the same breath

HA HA!

too funny!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 23, 2012 03:08PM

Grace is simply BEING.
None of us,or the universe, HAD to be here,but yet we are here.
The great I AM.
What could be better than that?
In the beginning...........................................................And he saw that it was good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 03:09PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 23, 2012 09:10PM

hi eaglefly

thanks for distilling my mind to a single point so then i can breathe out again
great reminder

its such an astonishing gift
just

be

ing

wow!

Posted by: natashawoodland ()
Date: July 24, 2012 09:50AM

Grace is what makes me more happier because of the natural occurence that happens but we do not know how it came to be this good.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 05, 2012 11:33PM

Its my Aunts name...and quite often she is amazing! Thus the phrase "Amazing Grace!"

I never understood the xtian concept of grace. I think it might be advanced by a few other religions, but the only religions that make sense to me have more of a sense of merit as something required for salvation. It just somehow seems more fitting for the world we live in. I think some people do recieve a lot of things that they don't deserve, but most of us have to work, and work hard to get anything in life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables