Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Earthing/grounding
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 11, 2012 01:09AM

I recently learned about earthing and grounding. I never thought of the fact that I usually feel so fantastic after swimming in a lake, river or ocean. Those ground one to the earth. I bet salt water is probably the best.

I never thought about how some people are only grounded when they shower! I think that has been true for me for awhile. I never thought that wearing shoes are negative because its insulating one from the earth. I live on the second story of an apartment complex, so that increases the distance from the earth, potentially causing more problems.

I usually feel very irritable while driving, due to crazy drivers, heavy traffic, but I never thought about the fact that most people are very insulated from the earth while driving. Explains alot about aggressive behavior, irritability in people while driving.

I would like to know if anyone has ever experimented with grounding. Especially with products which claim to ground people in offices, homes, and while sleeping. I am open to the idea, but before I buy anything I would like more evidence, and a way to test if any of this really works. And if it does, maybe there is an even safer and cheaper way to achieve this.

I live with a neat freak, and I am not sure he is open to EVER letting his feet touch the earth without a shoe or a sock. And he of all people could really benefit to become grounded. He seemed really happy at the beach last year, but doesn't want to go to the shore now, as there are too many people there. So that is one acceptable shoeless context that is gone. I can't think right off of any other context to touch the earth directly for an hour or more each day that he wouldn't be all weirded out by. Worrying about dirt, germs, getting cut, parasites etc....

[www.townsendletter.com]

I think he might really be turned on by this, as I tend to think of food as being the sole answer to health. He always says its not everything, and 'to be happy'. As if eating junk and drinking, smoking, drugs etc... leads to happiness. Not that he does these, but he thinks that other people are happy because they are 'free', and hes not in some way... well, he thinks that stress is more of a cause of ill health than avoiding anything. The efforts to 'live right' causes stress etc....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Earthing/grounding
Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: August 11, 2012 04:52AM

When I was in FL I could swim all day in those warm aqua waters and eat nothing.

I also like water falls and the tops of high mountains.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 11, 2012 02:20PM

I feel grounded when I weed my planters around my house.
So simple.
Yet so relaxing.
Nature will do that to ya.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: August 11, 2012 05:59PM

I think there is something to it, i often feel the need for grounding when I'm writing, when the ideas mix up in my head and become elusive, and I correspondingly become restless. Then I get up and walk. If I'm in the office, I walk around the office but it is small and doesn't work that good so i sometimes come out of the office and walk a part of the corridor. And this walking grounds me, I relax, the ideas in my head get in the order, and become clearer. Remember Scrooge McDuck walking in a circle? Just like that!smiling smiley When it's summer I often write at home in front of the open garden patio doors, and when I need grounding I walk in the garden, on the grass. And it's even better than in the building, though I don't take the shoes off mainly in order not to distract myself taking them off/putting them on.

The reason I think it's grounding is because of the difference between sitting in a chair, and standing/walking. I think it's difficult to be grounded when you are sitting on something. It's like you are floating.

Though on the other hand, I feel really grounded when I'm riding a horse. Even though it is the horse that walks the ground, I feel the movements and the ground inside me, as if the horse and I are one.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2012 06:07PM by chat.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: August 11, 2012 11:09PM

Back2eden seems to have a great grasp on what I am talking about.

The other ideas are great, as far as psychological grounding goes, and getting in touch with nature. I will always agree with that. But primarily I am asking about electric potential, and accessing that of the earth.

My partner and I sort of experiemented with the idea today. We did go through a long walk in the woods, which was nice to be in a more natural setting. Which is psychologically grounding, but I don't attribute much in the way of electric potential as we both kept our shoes on and didn't touch many trees.

However, before we drove back I asked him to hold a tree trunk for a few minutes. So we both held a tree trunk, maybe for 3 minutes. He sort of sighed like "how much of this new age BS am I going to have to put up with". But I really think we were both more level headed before hitting the road. Most of our heated arguements occur in the car driving, or shortly after that. Which is probably the most electrically isolated part of our lives. I just wish we could have walked on the forest floor barefoot. But of course he had to say we would get nematoe infection....well, maybe. Even that discouraged me. So, I guess a few minutes of 'tree hugging' will have to be it....I hope thats enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables