Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

short wave antennas
Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: September 07, 2012 03:39PM

Today I am making a new short wave radio antenna to prepare for when the internet goes down. It's a broom stick type antenna using a 10 foot - 1" pvc pipe and several hundred feet of #12 solid core wire.

I built a magnetic loop antenna but haven't found the tuner yet to make it work.

My radio is for listening only.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: short wave antennas
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 07, 2012 05:03PM

Curious--do you have long-range walkie-talkies? I have always been mystified that the technology keeps expanding the range for those things. I don't have a cell phone and wondered if I could get that instead (to avoid bills). The sticking point is that the fine print says that you have to register with the FCC! I wonder if they make you do that BEFORE purchasing the radios? If not, what sort of penalty would avoiding registering incur, I wonder....

Date: September 07, 2012 08:58PM

A freind of mine has a multi band cb radio that does not need a license. Another friend is going to give me one of those. There is a utube vid of a guy with one of those radios broadcasting and recieving through the magnetic loop antenna that I made. I will be able to broad cast all over the country with that set up. My short wave is a portable wall or battery, Tecsun pl-660.

Date: September 08, 2012 03:17AM

I should have named this thread homemade shortwave antennas.
I have the pvc pipe now fully wound with wire to 9ft. Thats all the wire I had. The plans call out for a 6 - 12 inch diamiter aluminum disc on top that the wire connects to. Today I got a 10 inch pan lid that should work fine. Testing will begin tomorrow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables