Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The High Price of Materialism
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: October 10, 2012 01:19AM

You guys must love Dr. Phil and Oprah - you're all about relationships.

I was just making a point about materialism. It's not an issue with my husband. Yes, he's cheap and frugal, but I work around it and have fun being sneaky, kind of like Lucy and Ricky smiling smiley - and if it's something I would really want, I'd end up talking him into it. Not a problem, considering all his good qualities.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2012 01:25AM

cant stand oprah or dr.phil

but im reminded of a situation i created once being fun and sneaky .. i really wanted to adopt this little dog and i just went ahead and did it without talking about it to my hubby .. he was really pissed .. not about the dog but that i wouldnt talk to him about it in the first place he knows id just go ahead and do what i want anyways but the dog ended up needing $500 worth of dental work right away and it caused us some finacial stress for a short period of time and it really wasnt fair to him to make him pick up the slack for me being fun and sneaky smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 10, 2012 01:34AM

Kid, I just want you to know that I wasn't criticizing your relationship in the least, but I now actually appreciate more what you are dealing with. I don't think that wanting air conditioning in the summer is an extravagant, outrageous desire. I am affirming your position. Sometimes it's good to have other people let you know that you are not crazy for wanting a cell phone in your car. And being thrifty is not the same as depriving oneself of something. I personally don't like AC. My rent covers all utilities but last summer when it was hot from jumpstreet I still didn't just turn up the AC all the time. I actually was fine with the ceiling fan. But when my partner wanted it, he turned it on. Sometimes I tried to get him not to do it, but only because I think it's not good for the environment and also because our bodies acclimate to the heat better when we don't constantly have artificial coolness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 01:35AM by banana who.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: October 11, 2012 11:35AM

Mike did a real good job of addressing this issue and much much more...

[www.naturalnews.com]
Everything is rigged - health, politics, finance and more - but here's how to beat the system

Posted by: HH ()
Date: October 11, 2012 02:13PM

Haha. This is defintely worth posting here from the Mike Adams article that John linked. It's Adams' take on levels of awareness. I like it:

"Level 0 - "Zombie" - Football, sports scores, TV sitcoms, processed junk food, vaccinations, playing the lotto, following doctors' orders, submitting to apparent authority, going along with the status quo.

Level 1 - "Awakened" - Asks questions. Reads ingredients on foods. Questions their doctor. Watches documentaries instead of sports. Attempts to assess information and think rationally. Questions false authority.

Level 2 - "Informed" - Reads books. Explores alternative information. Invests in self-education. Participates in activism. Seeks to make changes in the world around them. Speaks out with friends. Challenges people's beliefs. Reflects on their own beliefs and is capable of adaptation.

Level 3 - "Mastery" - Has great influence. Creates things. Innovates. Provides solutions. Invents new things. No television. No vaccines. No junk food. Has a very long-term perspective. Understands the "big picture." Seeks to help others. Has compassion for living things. Recognizes the web of life on our planet.

Level 4 - "Enlightenment" - Realizes the great illusion of life. Embraces immortality of consciousness and the human spirit. Expresses compassion for others but not intervention. Never seeks to "change" others, only to invite them to expand their awareness. Recognizes interconnectedness of all life systems. Sees the human life experience in a humorous light. Is able to tap into higher consciousness. Rarely seeks fame and not interested in financial success. Often abandons all material wealth.

Remember: The rigged systems in place today want to suppress your rise from Level 0 to Level 4. They wish to keep you as dumbed-down as possible so that you never become fully aware of what's really happening around you. Only by refusing to participate in those systems do you have a real opportunity to move up the levels and achieve the only thing that really matters: High-level consciousness."

Learn more: [www.naturalnews.com]

Date: October 11, 2012 04:32PM

Wow, guess I am the cream of the crop! winking smiley

Date: October 11, 2012 05:01PM

banana who, one thing (there are others) I've always liked about you is your sense of humor. It shows through with your LOL's and smiling smiley

Date: October 11, 2012 05:26PM

Yeah, that's what I liked about the list. It stroked my non-egotistical ego. Does the use of the standard "haha" count as a humor indicator?

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, guess I am the cream of the crop! winking smiley

Date: October 12, 2012 12:33AM

Depends on what you're saying...

Kid, do you agree with this list? I LOVE it! I am printing it out. I told my boyfriend all about it because he has a bunch of male childhood friends who are always talking about the sport scores and he is sitting there meditating while they watch games. Weird...

Date: October 12, 2012 12:57AM

Pretty much. Not sure about a couple of them.

Like Level 3 - No Junk Food. I think even some enlightened being eat animals and junk food and whatever they feel like eating.

And Sports - I think some people who are into sports aren't Zombies, and some Zombies aren't into Sports.

(What category would Celebrity Gossipers be?) You know how I feel about that smiling smiley

It's very good, though. I'll have to send it to people I know who are in the top categories, but not the Zombies because they might recognize themselves and feel bad.

Whoa, gotta go watch the debate...

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 12, 2012 09:14AM

where I live, there also exists Negative levels.

Date: October 12, 2012 12:00PM

I agree with this. It's all too simplistic and reliant on cliches. However, it will get one to think. The most worthwhile statement atached to the list is the one about the suppression of consciousness raising. This is very true. David R. Hawkins has created a much more in-depth scale of the levels of human consciousness. He also accompanies it with a lot of full-length, explanatory books.

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty much. Not sure about a couple of them.
>
> Like Level 3 - No Junk Food. I think even some
> enlightened being eat animals and junk food and
> whatever they feel like eating.
>
> And Sports - I think some people who are into
> sports aren't Zombies, and some Zombies aren't
> into Sports.
>
> (What category would Celebrity Gossipers be?) You
> know how I feel about that smiling smiley
>
> It's very good, though. I'll have to send it to
> people I know who are in the top categories, but
> not the Zombies because they might recognize
> themselves and feel bad.
>
> Whoa, gotta go watch the debate...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables