Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Land in Hawaii - 3 acres $14,000
Posted by: brome ()
Date: February 01, 2013 07:24PM

"Old growth ferns and Ohia trees, this property would make a very pretty homesite, camping area, small farm or getaway. Cool and only about 30 minutes from Hilo. Near front of subdivision and paved roads, so easily accessible. 2 side by side lots available."

[www.landwatch.com]

Here's one for $8K:

[www.landwatch.com]

plus lots more on the site + many other realtors, google it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Land in Hawaii - 3 acres $14,000
Posted by: jono ()
Date: February 02, 2013 08:09AM

might the vog be a prob on the BI?

[www.konaweb.com]

i think i'd prefer kauai as it's furthest from the volcano

Date: February 03, 2013 04:47AM

Thanks for the heads up Jono. Maybe the north east areas of the Big Island might not be too bad?

[living-in-kailua-kona.com]

Posted by: jono ()
Date: February 03, 2013 02:31PM

i haven't been to the big island, but i guess wind patterns might allow some areas to be less vog prone... you're still right next to a volcano tho, maybe that's why that land is so cheap... i'd consult with city officials, maybe a hawaiian university professor with expertise on the volcano, and realtors to find out what kind of vog and lava and earthquake threats may be posed by the volcano

Date: February 03, 2013 09:03PM

Here's an article that shows it can get bad all the way to Kauai:

[www.staradvertiser.com]

Honolulu in thick vog

Thick vog will hang around all week, says weather service

The vog that rolled in this morning is expected to linger all the way into next weekend, according to the National Weather Service.

“Towards the end of the work week, the haze might go away from Maui County and the northeastern part of the Big Island, but it’ll probably stay over Kauai and Oahu into the weekend,” said Tim Craig, a senior forecaster for the agency.

Craig said high clouds over Oahu could dissipate today, but they’ll return on Tuesday.

Oahu is expected to be cloudy but dry for most of the coming week, while showers could be prevalent on Hawaii and Kauai islands early in the week, he said.

also:

[www.hawaiilife.com]

[www.city-data.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 04, 2013 12:29AM

We were thinking of moving there years ago, but I'm glad we didn't because of the bad air and radiation and volcanos and how expensive it is to live there.

"The states with the highest listing prices — and the biggest mortgages on average – are ... Hawaii, followed by the District of Columbia, New York, California and Connecticut. According to the Census Bureau and the Federal Housing Agency, median home values in California are 200% higher than the national median, and in New York they’re 150% higher;"

[www.forbes.com]

Cost of Living in Hawaii -

[www.adrhi.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables