Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Connecticut, of course
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 05, 2013 01:44PM

I think this woman should not have been arrested. She should have called the parents to tell them she was sending the kids home. And the boy's parents should have called her and spoken to her instead of having her arrested. I assume they were spoiled rotten kids. Her own grandkid should be thankful that she took him in, but no, he probably drives her crazy already and it'll only get worse for her when he's a teenager. I know that's an assumption, but most kids today have no respect, IMO.

Cops: Grandmother Ended Rowdy Sleepover, Told Kids to Walk Home Alone

[usnews.nbcnews.com]

Opinions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Connecticut, of course
Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 05, 2013 07:57PM

That poor lady.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 08, 2013 03:26PM

Seeing her cry affects me, but there are a lot of "shoulds" of what should have been done here.

The woman says that they should have called her before calling the police. True.

However, she should have called them when she was sending children outside to walk home in that hour - preferably before sending them out, but definitely shortly after sending them out to confirm that they got inside and are safe at home. The children were already misbehaving and who knows what other mischief they could have gotten into if they hadn't gone straight home. They could have done some neighborhood vandalism, say, and which adult would be responsible? The parents weren't aware the children were at home until in the morning. What if the doors had been locked and the boys had decided to wait/sleep outside in the cold? She was supposed to be the responsible adult, but she didn't behave responsibly.

Yes, I feel sorry for her, but I think she did the wrong thing. You're right that raising teenagers is challenging and it looks like she needs some parenting guidance for future difficulties.

My favorite raw vegan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2013 03:28PM by Trive.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 08, 2013 04:15PM

The grandma did the wrong thing or things, but the parents calling the police and having her arrested was also the wrong thing.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 09, 2013 01:40PM

I wouldn't leave my kids in the care of a 71 year old woman whose husband is in the hospital and who has to raise her grandson. She's obviously over-stressed. People make bad decisions when that's the case. Besides, the kids are fine. The world isn't half as scary as the media would have us believe. No one would have cared about this in the early 90s when violent crime rates were 2/3 higher in America than they are now. The media wants us all to cower in fear, locked in our houses, watching tv, eating bad food, and buying garbage we don't need. Most people base their lives around incredibly rare crimes that will never happen to them. This keeps them forking over tax dollars to maintain police forces and governments that get bigger and bigger while being more and more unnecessary. It's a scam.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 10, 2013 08:00PM

KidRaw,
Agreed.
Trive

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables