Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question about online pics and such
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 18, 2013 06:05PM

Hey there, guys...Just had a rather bizarre experience/revelation on FB. I have a fake page so that I can look up people from the past without having to actually deal with them. I am just not a particularly social creature and most people are not in my life for a reason, LOL.

So anyway...I just looked up the profile of a woman who used to be a good friend of mine. Nothing huge happened between us but we drifted apart and no longer are in contact. I discovered she was finally on FB last year and occasionally check to see what's up.

Just now I see a huge pic of...ME. eye rolling smiley It's from about 1990...*Sigh* I look greatwinking smiley LOL...She used it as a profile pic about a week ago and I am not pleased.

She took a bunch of pics back then with a professional-type camera. She gave me some prints and I promptly lost most of them eye rolling smiley That pissed her off but she had copies...Obviously.

So she's got her copyright on them and a name of some company or whatever. I don't want my pic posted online! Don't we have rights, even when someone else has taken the pic of us?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2013 06:06PM by banana who.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question about online pics and such
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: February 18, 2013 08:53PM

This is getting more and more common...

You have the right to control the use of your images UNLESS you signed a consent form.

The law is simple. If you signed a consent form for the photographer, the images are hers and she can use them anyway she wants.

If you did not sign a consent form, the images are not hers to use. You have the right to tell her to remove them, and she must comply.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 18, 2013 10:47PM

How old were you in 1990? I was 23. I'm not sure if the law that swimmer is talking about applies. I know that the guy in the Scumbag Steve meme was uber upset about his pic being used, but everybody's still using it. Do you mind me asking why you're offended? Can we see the pic? Are you chugging whiskey and smoking a cigarette or something? smiling smiley

Date: February 18, 2013 11:19PM

I was 24...It has nothing to do with what I am doing in the pics. I just am a bit paranoid about my anonymity. The funny (tragic) part is that I am not worried about being reckongized on the street from the pics and she didn't tag me...yet. I don't look the same as I did then. Do you think a person can YOUTH 23 years on a raw or high-raw vegan diet? If so, then I am SO THERE! winking smiley

(I was debating about showing the pic...I can't do so yet.)

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 18, 2013 11:49PM

We're so curious! Just put it in your signature under "Control Center", and then after we've all seen it, you can get rid of it, so it won't be on the board in perpetuity.

If a person who took a photo had to get permission of everyone in a photo to post it online or they could be sued, that would be impossible if it's a shot with a bunch of passersby or in a restaurant or theater, etc. out in public, it's just not feasible.

Or just tell us what time to be on the board to see the photo and you can post it and delete it within the ten minute time frame smiling smiley

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: February 18, 2013 11:51PM

This might help:

[wiki.answers.com]

I was thinking as a photographer when I mentioned the form. I use a form that looks like this:

[asmp.org]

Date: February 19, 2013 01:30AM

I can't upload it for some reason...I might PM some of you with it. It just creeps me out!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 19, 2013 07:34PM

I want to see! I am a freak about not posting pics of myself or personal info online, especially stuff about the kids! Why people do that is beyond me, like they are completely giving away for free any future anonymity their children might like to have as an adult. That said, there are a couple rare pics of me online, there's one in the photo thread here, but not many at all and NONE labelled with my personal info!

This is all very funny to me now considering I used to do a bit of nude modelling for some photographer friends and a couple of art classes, lol. I'm not shy, I'd just like some say in who sees what, you know? Who knows where those pictures and drawings are now though, goodness. Hope I never find any of them online, that would be a less than comfortable discovery. They were all taken long before that was a thing to do, if I had only known!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2013 07:37PM by coco.

Date: February 19, 2013 08:27PM

Coco, I love you...So adventurouswinking smiley I thought you were a Capricorn and are supposed to be a stuffed shirt? winking smiley

I could NEVER nude model! I saw your pic and was very taken by your beauty but not on my best day would I do it, LOL. I am soooo uptight that way. I used to wear skimpy outfits and all, but nude? I remember agonizing about how I would manuveur swimming and showering in the university locker room. Total prude! I have never had a massage, either. I think one reason I dropped out of the massage therapy program last year was the thought of having to be worked on by another student. Even leaving my underwear on was unthinkable.

So yeah, I'm pretty uptight...

Date: February 19, 2013 08:57PM

I am one of those weird unstuffy cappies winking smiley.
Thanks for those lovely compliments, you are too kind! I am not particularly photogenic so am very careful to take LOTS of pics trying to get a good one, lol. Vanity. I want the camera to record images that look like how I think I look, lol grinning smiley.

Meh, I am totally unshy. If naked were an option in public I'd go for it. I'm not so into skimpy or tight clothes, though there was a brief time in my teens, but nude seems a different thing to me. I love the body, flesh and hair and limbs. I feel like you are at your most honest self when undressed. And I find beauty in all forms, there is certainly an appeal in the totally svelte fit body but that isn't the only shape that I admire.

That all said, I still like to have a hand in who sees what, you know? Friends generally respect that and keep their pics of me offline. So far anyhow tongue sticking out smiley.

Date: February 19, 2013 09:17PM

Have you ever been to a nude beach? I haven't but I always heard the joke that the very people you DON'T want to see are the ones at the nude beaches...I agree with you about having an appreciation in the body in all its forms. I just watched Igmar Bergman's last movie ("Saraband"winking smiley and the male lead character stripped naked in one scene. He was 82. Very interesting moment and unexpected.

Date: February 19, 2013 11:38PM

I love that movie.

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you ever been to a nude beach? I haven't but
> I always heard the joke that the very people you
> DON'T want to see are the ones at the nude
> beaches...I agree with you about having an
> appreciation in the body in all its forms. I just
> watched Igmar Bergman's last movie ("Saraband"winking smiley
> and the male lead character stripped naked in one
> scene. He was 82. Very interesting moment and
> unexpected.

Date: February 19, 2013 11:54PM

<<I love that movie. >>>

Yeah, I have been on a Bergman tear this winter...

That last winky smiley was unintended, by the way. LOL...weird...

Date: February 20, 2013 12:24AM

When I first got Netflix I spent a winter watching Bergman movies. Could not wait for the mailman to arrive.

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> <>>
>
> Yeah, I have been on a Bergman tear this
> winter...
>
> That last winky smiley was unintended, by the way.
> LOL...weird...

Date: February 21, 2013 05:08PM

Sheesh, I didn't know Netflix had them...I have never used it. I check them out from the library.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 25, 2013 12:22AM

I just ran across this from Kim Komando - but it's from 2010, so I'm not sure if anything's changed now.

Download your friends' Facebook photos

Facebook is one of the most popular places to share photos. You're already connected to your friends and family. You can easily view their photos. But what if you want a copy for yourself?

Too bad. You can't download photos your friends post. You have to ask for copies. And they have to be sent to you some other way.

Well, two tools fix this problem. The first is PhotoGrabber. Simply log into your account. Choose a friend off your friends list. Then download your friend's photos. They must be tagged with your name or friends' names. You can't choose specific photos. It's an all-or-nothing affair.

FacePAD offers a little more control. It's a Firefox add-on that lets you download specific photo albums. You can grab just the photos you want.

(Photo downloading may be restricted by your friends' privacy settings. Also, Facebook photos are heavily compressed. Don't expect high-quality photos.)

Date: February 25, 2013 02:02AM

You can take a screen shot of whatever is on your computer too. Using a search engine to look up photos yeilds a copiable version of what you're after too so long as you know what it's titled. There is no privacy online, none whatsoever.

Date: February 25, 2013 07:35PM

Kid Raw, I am on Facebook with a phony account. winking smiley I did this because it horrifies me to actually participate in all that but I still wanted to see various profiles and you have to be logged in to see much of anything. Of course, it all depends on how public someone's page is. But don't think that if you put your albums on a private setting that it's going to stay that way. I have found roundabout ways to view photos...

No...I'm not a FB stalkerwinking smiley

Coco, I thought of doing a screenshot but when I went to type in this woman's name a few days ago, I couldn't get her profile! She must have changed the setting so that she wasn't searchable. I knew someone she was friends with and went through their account to find hers. When I got to her page, she had changed it. My pic is still part of her album but it's not on the homepage. I was wondering if she knew there was unusual activity on her account or what?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables