Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Entirely Bogus War On Drugs...
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 27, 2013 05:30PM

[www.brasschecktv.com]
The entirely bogus war on drugs

There's a war on drugs, right? Ah, well, sort of...

If you're slinging crack on a street corner, you're going to jail.

If you're shipping in drugs by the ton, you might just get help from the CIA, the White House and the State Department.
BrasscheckTV.com
14:47 Minute Video
[www.youtube.com]

Published on Feb 24, 2013
[www.brasschecktv.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Entirely Bogus War On Drugs...
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 02, 2013 06:44PM

The "war on drugs" has not only been terribly costly but im sure increases the risk of problems associated with using drugs substantially.

Not only does it create a black market serviced by criminals and gangsters, but the lack of regulation means that drugs are often either cut, poor quality or a completely different drugs than there sold to be. If addicts were given access to consistent pharmaceutical grade drugs then id argue that there wouldn't be anywhere near as many overdoses due to individuals having no idea the strength or consistency of the drugs they are using. For drugs such as marijuana it is very easy to gauge the overall quality of the product from appearance, but for harder drugs that come in powder form this is a completely different matter.

Its evident that regardless of law there will be individuals who like to alter there mindset. Alcohol, caffeine and tobacco are living proof of our worldwide love to alter consciousness and these 3 drugs are no different other than they are legal to purchase, sell and use.

The often touted benefit of consumer safety as justification for the war on drugs has nothing whatsoever to do with harm minimization, or the sale of alcohol and tobacco would have been banned a long time ago with sufficient scientific research to back up the risk and harm of these chemicals.

What is the way forward in regards to our current drug legislation's. Im not entirely sure, but i think we can all agree that the war on drugs has failed significantly. Drug addiction should also not be treated as a criminal offense, which i find personally outrageous considering the massive amount of individuals hooked on junk food, caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, pharmaceutical drugs, why not jail these people ?. Many people have significant biochemical factors which cause them to be prone to alcohol and drug addiction.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 06:53PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 02, 2013 09:11PM

The way I feel about whether drugs should be legalized or not is so complicated that I can't figure out if I'm for or against. I guess I can see both points of view.

I'm definitely against putting people in jail for doing drugs. And I am in favor of legalizing grass - or whatever they call it nowadays. But maybe dealing drugs should be a criminal offense.

But I can see the other side - that if drugs were legal (like alcohol) it would be everywhere and everyone would be doing it and there would be a lot more problems because of it.

Because I compare having drugs legal to having alcohol legal, and I don't like what I see. I wasn't around way back, but if you read stories and watch shows that portray people (usually men) getting drunk and wreaking havoc on their lives and others, we see that alcohol is horrible stuff. It's caused so much destruction, misery, pain, etc. to so many people.

And I can't get out of my head the photos I saw a while ago in an old National Geographic I happen to look at. It was about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and it showed and told about the babies born of mothers who maybe only drank a tiny bit when they were first pregnant, and they didn't even know they were pregnant, plus those who drank the whole time they were pregnant. The babies are screwed up for their whole lives. And it affects their brain - and tying in with John's Psychopaths, I think many of these babies born to mothers who drink are psychopaths and end up as criminals, etc., and they even have a certain look - facial features. I don't like alcohol and think people should not drink alcohol at all.

So I just can't help thinking that if drugs were legalized, there would be so much more of people (kids) doing drugs and all the problems caused and lives wasted.

But then again - the Libertarian - the government should not be involved and telling us what we can and cannot put into our bodies - as long as we don't hurt another person, it should be legal to do it. Because where would it stop - sugar is bad for us, meat is bad for us, staying up late is bad for us - should the government regulate and control every aspect of our lives - and who's to determine what is good or bad.

So it's complicated, but I know if drugs were legal, a lot of kids would be out doing them all the time for years. In my young stupid days, I would have been one of them. Oh, yeah - I was sad smiley Well, not that bad, but I think it takes a reformed alcoholic or druggie (I think they call them 'stoner' now) to know how hard it is to break an addiction. I wasn't addicted, but still...just think about how many drug addicts would be walking around if drugs were legal.

Date: March 02, 2013 09:58PM

Here's the article on FAS -

National Geographic - Article on Fetal Alcohol

[www.faslink.org]

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: March 02, 2013 10:30PM

Everyone should have known it meant underhanded government involvement and profit as soon as Nixon used the term "war on drugs". Both words "Nixon" and "war" are big hints of massive corruptness.

When the "war" included a natural growing plant (cannabis) everyone should have known that alcohol and tobacco, and pharmaceutics lobbies were heavily involved.

People are being more vocal about it. I think cannabis will be legalized soon. I also think part of the reason it will be legalized is so people will stop talking about how lame the war on drugs is.

The states are coming around. I'm glad California has a medical marijuana program.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: March 02, 2013 11:24PM

Read this. It says it all. Banks openly laundering cartel money, the govt. doing nothing about it...[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: March 03, 2013 01:30AM

HH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Read this. It says it all. Banks openly laundering
> cartel money, the govt. doing nothing about
> it...

That's because The Big Banks are in bed with Government....

To be clear - it's not all banks, it the Big Banks. The small community banks are fine. Unfortunately the Dodd-Frank Bill is a give-away to the Big Banks to ensure they never fail,

Financial Reform Makes Biggest Banks Stronger

The Too-Big-to-Fail Monster Lives: How the Dodd-Frank Bill Maintains the Status Quo.

[www.thedailybeast.com]

and full of regulations that crush the competition - which is the small community banks - because of the time and money required. My husband and his department and many other departments are working on systems to comply with these new regulations and will be for years to come.

Committee: Dodd-Frank Compliance to Cost Private Sector 24 Million Man-Hours Per Year

[dailycaller.com]

This bill was also the takeover of the Financial Industry by the government -

Repeal it: Dodd-Frank Entrenches Crony Capitalism

[julieborowski.wordpress.com]

And it was a Government Takeover of the Mortgage Industry --

Dodd-Frank is an Unconstitutional Disaster

[townhall.com]

RealClearMarkets - Dodd-Frank Creates a Bizarro World Of Housing Finance

[www.realclearmarkets.com]

So it's the Big Banks who are in bed with Government. Just like Corporatism is the Big Corporations in bed with Government (trying to crush the competition), not all corporations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 01:41AM by KidRaw.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: March 03, 2013 02:10AM

I didn't say that it's all banks because I assumed that people would read the article and decipher that it's not the mom and pop operation in Ottumwa, Iowa that's laundering cartel money. If it were, they'd be locked up and paraded through the media circus as public enemy #1. No, only big banks get to do things like that with no serious repercussions.

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Read this. It says it all. Banks openly
> laundering
> > cartel money, the govt. doing nothing about
> > it...
>
>
> That's because The Big Banks are in bed with
> Government....
>
> To be clear - it's not all banks, it the Big
> Banks. The small community banks are fine.
> Unfortunately the Dodd-Frank Bill is a give-away
> to the Big Banks to ensure they never fail,
>
> Financial Reform Makes Biggest Banks Stronger
>
> The Too-Big-to-Fail Monster Lives: How the
> Dodd-Frank Bill Maintains the Status Quo.
>
> [www.thedailybeast.com]
> inancial-reform-makes-biggest-banks-stronger.html
>
>
> and full of regulations that crush the competition
> - which is the small community banks - because of
> the time and money required. My husband and his
> department and many other departments are working
> on systems to comply with these new regulations
> and will be for years to come.
>
> Committee: Dodd-Frank Compliance to Cost Private
> Sector 24 Million Man-Hours Per Year
>
> [dailycaller.com]
> rank-compliance-to-cost-private-sector-24-million-
> man-hours-per-year/
>
> This bill was also the takeover of the Financial
> Industry by the government -
>
> Repeal it: Dodd-Frank Entrenches Crony Capitalism
>
>
> [julieborowski.wordpress.com]
> eal-it-dodd-frank-entrenches-crony-capitalism/#.UT
> KiHikBgyU.twitter
>
> And it was a Government Takeover of the Mortgage
> Industry --
>
> Dodd-Frank is an Unconstitutional Disaster
>
> [townhall.com]
> 25/doddfrank-is-an-unconstitutional-disaster-n1496
> 987
>
> RealClearMarkets - Dodd-Frank Creates a Bizarro
> World Of Housing Finance
>
> [www.realclearmarkets.com]
> 4/dodd-frank_creates_a_bizarro_world_of_housing_fi
> nance_100125.html#.UTKqG4Ewi08.twitter
>
> **********
>
> So it's the Big Banks who are in bed with
> Government. Just like Corporatism is the Big
> Corporations in bed with Government (trying to
> crush the competition), not all corporations.

Date: March 03, 2013 03:02AM

I know you didn't, HH, but it bugs me when people think all banks are 'bad' like they think all corporations are 'bad', when it's only the big ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables