Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

George Zimmerman stuns court by waiving right to 'Stand Your Ground' hearing
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 05, 2013 10:08PM

[news.yahoo.com]

I wonder how this would help him...Any thoughts? I was under impression that if his team could prove probably cause in self-defense, the actual trial would be avoided altogether.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: George Zimmerman stuns court by waiving right to 'Stand Your Ground' hearing
Date: March 06, 2013 12:22AM

Oops...meant "probable" cause. And I just read somewhere that Trayvon's star witness was caught in a lie so that will hurt the proscecution's case to some extent.

Re: George Zimmerman stuns court by waiving right to 'Stand Your Ground' hearing
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 06, 2013 01:42AM

I had forgotten all about this case. I think I had my fill of it, so I hope we're not in for more media hype. I can't remember all the details for and against each side, but it bugs me how they're still using that photo of Trayvon Martin when he was twelve, when there was a current one when he was eighteen - 6' 2" and 175 pounds - and mean looking. Media bias.

[dailycaller.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 06, 2013 01:43PM

Here's another article about the case -

[usnews.nbcnews.com]

It looks like he turned to comfort food while he was in hiding from the race baiters.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 06, 2013 08:11PM

New video may contradict Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin case

So the stand your ground is out the window try agin George.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: March 06, 2013 08:22PM

Link?

riverhousebill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New video may contradict Zimmerman in Trayvon
> Martin case
>
> So the stand your ground is out the window try
> agin George.

Date: March 06, 2013 08:44PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had forgotten all about this case. I think I had
> my fill of it, so I hope we're not in for more
> media hype. I can't remember all the details for
> and against each side, but it bugs me how they're
> still using that photo of Trayvon Martin when he
> was twelve, when there was a current one when he
> was eighteen - 6' 2" and 175 pounds - and mean
> looking. Media bias.
>
> [dailycaller.com]
> artin-twitter-feed-identified/

KR, that pissed me off, too! Regardless of how we all feel about the case (whom we believe), the media isn't doing its job. Matter of fact, it's creating false beliefs through imagery. That is not only dishonest but dangerous. One of the networks (NBC?) was guilty of editing a tape of GZ's call to the police and making it seem like he immediately singled out Trayvon's race (which still wouldn't make him a racist since it's a descriptor, DUH!). This was during a very volatile debate amongst Americans on whether GZ had the right to defend himself (or whether he deliberately used that moment as an excuse to blow away a Black teenager.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 08:45PM by banana who.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: March 09, 2013 12:17AM

Yeah kidraw -

That "poor little defenseless boy" picture they always show grates on me. I suppose to be fair they should post a pic of Zimmerman at age 13 as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables