Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Victory for VA - Mandatory Voter Photo ID Signed into Law
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 26, 2013 10:22PM

This is great news for those of us who believe in Fair Elections, and are against Voter Fraud!

Virginia Is Now Officially a Voter ID State

[www.theblaze.com]

"McDonnell signed the legislation “with the recognition that almost all citizens already have acceptable forms of photo ID that would allow them to vote and a majority of voters support this policy,” he said in a statement.

The legislation provides for a free valid ID with the bearer’s photo to any registered voter who lacks one."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Victory for VA - Mandatory Voter Photo ID Signed into Law
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 30, 2013 01:46AM

Because they know they cannot win national elections anymore with the browning of America, Republicans turn to gerry mandering, voter suppression and Super Pacs to try to take by force what they cannot achieve through the democratic process. Having only one presidential election since 1992 where they won the popular vote and witnessing demography going against them, Republicans hope to intimidate people of color from voting using the subterfuge of voter fraud solving a problem that doesn't exist. McDonnell being a one term governor as Virginia governors are limited has no political risk, but will hurt his party's chances in the next election. Tim Kaine's election is a harbinger of the purple in the state to turn blue. If the Voter ID law is a victory, it is a pyrrhic one.

Paul

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: March 30, 2013 02:18AM

pborst,

Those claims are a bit spurious, wouldn't you say? I mean if we're going to point fingers in regards to voter fraud, one doesn't have to look much further than "Acorn", which is/was not a "Republican" entity...Wonder who their backers were...

To add to that, this problem does indeed exist in several forms. I personally could vote several times if I wanted to. The volunteers at my polling place are so lax & don't know what is going on, I could easily vote at each of the booths, one after the other while they are busy hob-nobbing.

What is the problem with a voter photo I.D. anyway? I don't feel it's a big issue to have to prove your identity in order to participate in the election process. Unless one *might* not actually be a legal registered voter - GASP!

Date: March 31, 2013 11:06AM

I really don't have a horse in this race, as I am certain that both sides are corrupt to the core, I can't stand either side.

But you mention that Republicans cheat, and do it very well. If that were the case, this last election would surely have had a different outcome, lol.

I know a lot of the people in this country like to live off of all the freebies that this administration is promising, but at what cost? Do these people care not that the country is bankrupt at a level of umpteen trillion and it will never be paid off?

Do you not care that you are taxed to the max, and yet again even more taxes? Simply put, I'm sick and tired of working hard & paying for lazy bums that don't want to work.

It's not hard to see that by letting illegals vote freely/unlawfully, amnesty for everyone, and promising them all free stuff that the liberal/demoncrat side can ensure they will continue to get overwhelming support from that sector of the population.

And yes, I know both sides are "guilty" of amnesty. sad smiley

Date: March 31, 2013 01:33PM

That goes ditto for me, veganjuice. We are the only country in the world where anyone and everyone can just come here and start working or collecting hand-outs and do it legally. If riverhousebill wants to move to Vietnam, he can't because the Vietnam Government won't let him. If banana who wants to move to Sweden, she can't because they won't let her. But here in the US, you can just move here from Mexico, steal someone else's identity/Social Security card, get everything for free or take a job in construction or agriculture from a US citizen, and you can do it all legally, and start voting Democrat in the next election - thanks to the Democrats. What a scam.

Yet asking for ID to vote is 'bad' - according to Democrats. I think anyone can connect the dots on that one.

And yes, voter fraud is perpetuated by the Democrats.

Here's your proof -

[www.blackboxvoting.org]

When 1,099 felons vote in race won by 312 ballots

[washingtonexaminer.com]

[old.nationalreview.com]

Romney Votes Not Counted In Key States According To Vote Fraud Expert Bev Harris

[beforeitsnews.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2013 01:46PM by KidRaw.

Date: March 31, 2013 02:19PM

More info on Voter Fraud -

Accuracy in Media uncovers leftist 2012 election fraud strategy

[www.examiner.com]

How Democrats Steal Elections - Top 10 Methods of Liberal Vote Fraud

[www.conservativeaction.org]

Another Democrat Liberal Pleads Guilty to Election Fraud

[whateverhappentocommonsense.com]

The Democrats’ Election Forgery Racket

[michellemalkin.com]

So Voter Fraud is committed on both sides of the aisle, but much more on the Democrat side smiling smiley

We may have to agree to disagree on this, because we could just keep going on back and forth forever, Paul.

Date: April 01, 2013 12:58AM

I don't mind agreeing to disagree. There are other things we undoubtedly agree on. And I have said my peace.

Date: April 01, 2013 05:27AM

as for Democrats committing more "voter fraud" agree to disagree on that too. Let's not assume facts not in evidence. winking smiley

Date: April 01, 2013 06:59PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Fortunately, the public sees that there is more
> ideological diversity and freedom to discuss ideas
> in the Democratic party than in the Republican.

I guess you missed this survey --

Surveys: Republicans More Open-Minded, Better Informed than Democrats

[dailycaller.com]

Yet another new survey shows that Republican supporters know more about politics and political history than Democrats.

On eight of 13 questions about politics, Republicans outscored Democrats by an average of 18 percentage points, according to a new Pew survey titled “Partisan Differences in Knowledge.”

The Pew survey adds to a wave of surveys and studies showing that GOP-sympathizers are better informed, more intellectually consistent, more open-minded, more empathetic and more receptive to criticism than their fellow Americans who support the Democratic Party.

“Republicans fare substantially better than Democrats on several questions in the survey, as is typically the case in surveys about political knowledge,” said the study"

Pew’s new study echoes the results of many other reports and studies that show GOP supporters are better educated, more empathetic and more open to criticism than Democrats.

A March 12 Pew study showed that Democrats are far more likely that conservatives to disconnect from people who disagree with them.

“In all, 28% of liberals have blocked, unfriended, or hidden someone on SNS [social networking sites] because of one of these reasons, compared with 16% of conservatives and 14% of moderates,” said the report, tiled “Social networking sites and politics.”

The report also noted that 11 percent of liberals, but only 4 percent of conservatives, deleted friends from their social networks after disagreeing with their politics."

All these surveys seem to contradict your claim.

Date: April 01, 2013 07:03PM

Oh, this Report on the Surveys had another page with more Info -

"Much of this polling and survey work has been backed up by novel research from the University of Virginia.

UVA researchers have used a massive online survey to show that conservatives better understand the ideas of liberals than vice versa. The results are described in a new book by UVA researcher Jonathan Haidt, “Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion.”

The book uses a variety of data to argue that conservatives have a balanced set of moral intuitions, while liberals are focused on aiding victims, fairness and individual liberty. Conservatives recognize how liberals think because they share those intuitions, but liberals don’t understand how conservatives think because they don’t recognize conservatives’ additional intuitions about loyalty, authority and sanctity, Haidt argues.

The academics’ work is also being backed up by commercial research into the tastes and political views of potential customers.

For example, researchers have learned that Internet sites offering financial information, sports scores, online-auctions attract far more interest from Republicans than from Democrats, according to a 2010 study by National Media Research, Planning and Placement, based in Alexandria, Va.

In contrast, Democrats outnumber Republicans at online dating sites, job-searches sites, online TV and online video-game sites, said the firm." LOL

Date: April 01, 2013 07:19PM

It looks like everyone is leaving the Blue States in droves to move to the Red States --

Americans Are Migrating To More Free Republican States

[news.investors.com]

Americans are migrating from less-free liberal states to more-free conservative states, where they are doing better economically, according to a new study published Thursday by George Mason University's Mercatus Center.

The "Freedom in the 50 States" study measured economic and personal freedom using a wide range of criteria, including tax rates, government spending and debt, regulatory burdens, and state laws covering land use, union organizing, gun control, education choice and more.

It found that the freest states tended to be conservative "red" states, while the least free were liberal "blue" states.

The study also compared its measures of economic and personal freedom to population shifts and income growth, and found that freer states tend to do better on both scores than those less free.

For example, it found a strong correlation between a state's freedom ranking and migration, which means that Americans are gravitating toward states that have less-intrusive governments.

"People are voting for places with greater freedom," said William Ruger, a political scientist at Texas State University and one of the co-authors of the study. That was true, he said, even after controlling for things like weather and amenities that might attract people to states independent of these freedom measures.

The study also found that states with more freedom tended to see stronger income growth. This was particularly true in states with more regulatory freedom.

"Adam Smith was right," Ruger said. "If you have economic freedom, you will have economic growth."

IBD has previously reported that red states saw stronger job growth, lower unemployment and bigger gains in per capita income than blue states during the economic recovery.

Here's a great map which shows the Individual States' Freedom Ranking -

[freedominthe50states.org]

Date: April 02, 2013 12:39PM

Speaking of Rigging Elections -

Malcolm Smith And Dan Halloran Arrested For Trying To Rig NYC Mayoral Election, According To Report

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

"Prominent Queens politicians Malcolm Smith and Dan Halloran were arrested early Tuesday for attempting to rig this year's mayoral election, according to a published report."

"The pair allegedly formed an alliance to place Smith, a Democrat who represents Queens Village, St. Albans and Jamaica, onto the Republican mayoral ballot by enlisting the support of major GOP leaders through bribes, according to the Post."

Date: April 02, 2013 01:20PM

Just saw this article on the investigations into VA Voter Fraud, which only proves the need for Photo ID -

[www.timesdispatch.com]

"A majority of those cases already have resulted in convictions, and 26 additional cases are still being actively investigated nearly 3½ years after the state Board of Elections forwarded more than 400 voter and election fraud allegations from 62 cities and counties to Virginia State Police for individual investigation."

"We believe these complaints ran the gamut from voter registration fraud issues through potential fraud at the polling place on Election Day," said Donald Palmer, secretary of the Virginia Board of Elections, who was appointed by Gov. Bob McDonnell in February 2011. "We do not have specific numbers on how the complaints broke down. However, (the state board of elections) is aware that arrests have been made over the past few years for individuals engaging in voter registration fraud."

Palmer added that recent indictments obtained by the Richmond commonwealth's attorney's office for voter fraud and the results of the state police investigation "remind us that unfortunately, fraud does exist in Virginia's elections."

[nation.foxnews.com]

Here's the Secretary of State of VA talking about the Voter Fraud in Virginia -

[www.westernjournalism.com]

(This is amazing - a must listen to this first-hand account from a poll-worker)

Eye Witness Report -

[beforeitsnews.com]

More VA voter fraud -

Virginia voter fraud used Voter Participation Center registration form

[www.redstate.com]

Dem VA Election Fraud -

West Virginia Sheriff, Clerk Snared in Vote Fraud Investigation

[wizbangblog.com]

After doing all the work on this post, which started when I ran across one article by chance, I remembered that we've agreed to disagree, so I should not be posting this, but I did so much work on it, that I'm going to post it anyway sad smiley

My Bad (I hate that phrase)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 01:27PM by KidRaw.

Date: April 02, 2013 06:45PM

so much for agreeing to disagree. But I am in awe. Such "fair and balanced" sources as Fox News and Redstate. You must be correct! winking smiley

[voterfraudfacts.com]
[www.usnews.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 06:52PM by pborst.

Date: April 02, 2013 07:02PM

Posted by: HH ()
Date: April 02, 2013 08:48PM

Gotta love a bi-partisan type who comments on the unreliablity of certain news outlets in one breath and then cites HuffPo to prove a point in the next. As we all know, HuffPo has no agenda whatsoever. Nope. None at all.

Date: April 02, 2013 09:06PM

Well, I started it and I've become hyper-partisan lately. I enjoy a good debate. I don't like either side - just Ron/Rand Paul/Libertarians and Fiscal Conservatism mostly - but I feel the need to defend the Republicans when I think they're being wrongly maligned.

Date: April 03, 2013 12:02AM

I don't know if you're addressing me or not. All I was trying to say is that it's ludicrous for PBorst to challenge the efficacy of any news outlet when he cites HuffPo. I don't defend the Republican party. I point out that the Democratic party is no better than the Republican party.

KidRaw Wrote:
> Well, I started it and I've become hyper-partisan
> lately. I enjoy a good debate. I don't like either
> side - just Ron/Rand Paul/Libertarians and Fiscal
> Conservatism mostly - but I feel the need to
> defend the Republicans when I think they're being
> wrongly maligned.
>
>
> [www.myemoticons.com]
> tics/republican-elephant.gif

Date: April 03, 2013 03:42AM

HH, I was just saying to you that I'm guilty of passing myself off as being 'non-partisan type' and then defending the Republicans, but I like taking sides and stating facts. I know what you mean, though - some people think the New York Times and Washington Post are non-biased credible sources.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 03:42AM by KidRaw.

Date: April 03, 2013 07:33PM

Speaking of sides, I guess we now know which side the Associated Press is on -

Associated Press Declares: We Will no Longer Use the Term “Illegal Immigrant”

[hotair.com]

"Illegal Immigrant’ No More

[blog.ap.org]

"The AP Stylebook today is making some changes in how we describe people living in a country illegally."

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 04, 2013 09:36PM

Paul, I don't know how often you come here anymore and quite frankly, I didn't even click on this thread until today because I was up to here with Voter ID crap but I noticed that you didn't really address the ID issue. I find it very odd in this day and age that we can passionately argue for allowing people to just walk in off the street and vote without checking their identity. If in every other venue we are required to produce an ID, why should the polling place be any different? There is really no true defense of this practice.

However...I lost my purse a couple of weeks ago. I had lots of stuff in there, including my wallet full of money and IDs...I have yet to replace my ID because guess how much it costs to get a new one? $20! Now for some, that is nothing they would give a second thought to. Even I have times where it's not such a big deal. However, at this moment I have to wait on it.

When I moved to my current location several years ago, I had to get a new ID for my new address and that was when I got that unpleasant surprise about the ridiculous cost. I have a State ID because I don't drive. At the time, the drivers licenses were only $4! eye rolling smiley So they had two different prices and I don't know the reason why it was different. I am sure that now both are $20 but you can see how much the price jumped.

What do IDs cost in your state? I believe that they should be FREE or reduced prices depending on income level. This is really unfair to those at the lower end. So it would be prohibitive for those trying to vote if they were forced to pay that price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2013 09:37PM by banana who.

Date: April 05, 2013 01:11AM

Who would you call to ask what the State ID costs? Does the DMV give it out? The new Virginia Photo ID Law has a provision that you can get a free photo ID if you can't afford to buy it.

"The legislation provides for a free valid ID with the bearer’s photo to any registered voter who lacks one."

Date: April 05, 2013 06:23PM

Jay Leno on the AP no longer using the term "Illegal Immigrant" -

Video: Leno’s shot at the AP, Democrats, and Immigration Reform

[hotair.com]

Date: April 05, 2013 06:55PM

KidRaw Wrote:
> Who would you call to ask what the State ID costs?
> Does the DMV give it out? The new Virginia Photo
> ID Law has a provision that you can get a free
> photo ID if you can't afford to buy it.
>
> "The legislation provides for a free valid ID with
> the bearer’s photo to any registered voter who
> lacks one."

God only knows. I live in probably the most corrupt state in the union. eye rolling smiley We also have a massive budget deficit, which is probably why everything is being taxed or upped in price (same thing). In any case, good on VA for that provision!

Date: April 10, 2013 09:55PM

Sorry Paul, but after today's budget "compromise" I find the Dems to be total snakes and full of fecal matter, too. sad smiley To say their hands are cleaner isn't saying very much...

Date: April 12, 2013 01:26AM

Paul, is this you indoctrinating your class?

Professor Calls Republicans Stupid; Racist

[radio.foxnews.com]

Date: April 12, 2013 02:38AM

KidRaw Wrote:
> Paul, is this you indoctrinating your class?
>
> Professor Calls Republicans Stupid; Racist
>
> [radio.foxnews.com]
> professor-calls-republicans-stupid-racist.html#.UW
> dhplLnC4E.twitter

Sad, very sad. I believe I would request a refund for that class. To add to that, how many more profs across the country are doing the same thing & not being called out for it?

Kudos to that young gent who had the guts to stand up for what he believes in.

Date: April 12, 2013 10:19AM

Unraveling the myth of Biden as a "regular Joe." [fair.org]

The article was written by a young man who works as an editorial intern for "The Nation." This is not an attack perpetrated by conservatives.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables