Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
“Master Bedroom” is Now Sexist and Racist
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: April 21, 2013 02:44AM

And as long as Liberal Correctness is running Amok, we don't stand a chance against the character assassin's playing the race card -

(Political correctness is the alteration of language to redress real or alleged injustices and discrimination or to avoid offense.)

Homebuilders Dumping Term 'Master Bedroom' For Supposed Racism, Sexism

[www.breitbart.com]

(Love Ben Shapiro's New Book)

“Master Bedroom” is Now Sexist and Racist

[godfatherpolitics.com]

"Because of all the outrage generated by the term “master bedroom,” homebuilders are having to think of alternative terms to describe the principal bedroom in a house. Usually, the room is occupied by the head of the household, so “master bedroom” is being replaced by “owner’s bedroom” or “owner’s suite.”

So, what’s all the outrage about? Well, what do you think of first when someone uses the term “master bedroom?” No, you don’t just think of the big bedroom with the big, attached bathroom with two sinks and a jacuzzi. Deep down, you know that “master” has sexist and racist overtones. The fact that you’re not outraged indicates how you’ve been influenced by our white and male-dominated society. That and the fact that you have white- and male-privilege."

"Of course, it is only a matter of time before the left begins complaining that “owner” implies both “slaveowner” and “owner of your spouse.” Eventually, we will simply list “master bedrooms” as “the big ones in the back of the house.”

Of course it originated in California -

'Master' and 'slave' computer labels unacceptable, officials say

[www.cnn.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: “Master Bedroom” is Now Sexist and Racist
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: April 21, 2013 02:52AM

I can't keep up with all this "PC" stuff we are supposed to know. I'm sure I'm very offensive to some people - so be it. I'm set in my ways & I'm not gonna change now...

Date: April 21, 2013 03:27AM

To add to this -

I always figured "Master" bedroom referred to the size of the room, as in the largest bedroom in the home. The "Dominant position" of master/owner/slave/submissive never even entered my mind.

Guess that goes to show you where the minds of the "PC" crowd really are - in the gutter.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 21, 2013 04:20AM

<<<I always figured "Master" bedroom referred to the size of the room, as in the largest bedroom in the home. The "Dominant position" of master/owner/slave/submissive never even entered my mind.>>>

Wow, that never entered my mind either to think of it as a Master/Slave Relationship. Like you, I just thought it meant the largest bedroom.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: April 21, 2013 04:58PM

Are Master's degrees racist too?

Date: April 21, 2013 09:12PM

HH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are Master's degrees racist too?

LOL - Yup, they are gonna be changed too. Seems like a lot of things are going to have to be "re-thunk" & relabeled. While there at it I suppose they should simply ban all those offensive words completely - Master, slave...I forget what else...

Date: April 22, 2013 01:42AM

Actually, they have a point -

"Masterb*te" is sexist smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 22, 2013 02:07AM

HH Wrote:
> Are Master's degrees racist too?

No, just worthless...

Date: April 22, 2013 11:28AM

Says the person who doesn't have one.

banana who Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Are Master's degrees racist too?
>
> No, just worthless...

Date: April 22, 2013 05:28PM

HH Wrote:
> Says the person who doesn't have one.
>
??? You know my educational background? However, you are correct, sir! I did drop out of a Master's program because of my belief that it was a sack of sh*t. I was actually looking forward to high-order learning where we take material and synthesize it with our own theories but no...You have to read reams of research and parrot what they say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 05:28PM by banana who.

Date: April 22, 2013 07:48PM

So parrot what they want you to say if that's the way it is. That was partially my experience but by no means was it my entire experience. Know thy enemy by becoming thy enemy. You could do a lot more damage if you had gotten the Master's instead of hanging out here and releasing your opinions into the cyber-void. Too many good people turn tail and run these days instead of looking cultural Marxists in the eye and saying, "Phuck you, this is my place too."

Even if my entire grad school education was a wash, which it wasn't, the friends and connections I made were well worth the effort.

banana who Wrote:
> HH Wrote:
> -----
> > Says the person who doesn't have one.
> >
> ??? You know my educational background? However,
> you are correct, sir! I did drop out of a Master's
> program because of my belief that it was a sack of
> sh*t. I was actually looking forward to high-order
> learning where we take material and synthesize it
> with our own theories but no...You have to read
> reams of research and parrot what they say.

Date: April 22, 2013 11:19PM

LOL @ cultural Marxism. That sort of term sounds straight from the jackass' mouth: Glen Blech.

As to your point about hanging out here versus being there--I fail to see the connection. It's not an either/or. I don't see many activities as being worthy just because others do. And this gets me writing, which is my first love.

My major was Special Education. There was no way I could stand to read research paper after research paper with the bogus language (trumped up to sound "intellectual" but really nothing but gibberish). Dull as hell.

I had a professor (who was also my adviser) for a course on educational research and he stated that studies on sugar were discontinued after it was proven that sugar did NOT cause children to become hyperactive. He said that parents would see their kids going nuts at parties and conclude that the sugary treats caused it but it was actually the excitement of the party eye rolling smiley. And he never considered that perhaps the sugar lobby is so powerful that they can control what is studied and what results are allowed?

I am glad you made friends and connections. You just need to know that your path is yours and mine is mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 11:23PM by banana who.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 25, 2013 09:38PM

would the "White" House

be considered racist then?

better crack down on that one too lest some people get offended

Date: April 28, 2013 02:38AM

I do know whose path is whose. You're the one who started this by putting the comprehensively negative spin on grad school. I notice that you have the debate skills of a liberal. You twist. You turn. You squirm. You ad hominem. In the end, it adds up to nothing. You might want to take a look at this: [i.imgur.com]

I've never watched or listened to Glenn Beck in my life. Cultural Marxism is also known as the Frankfurt School. This should help you to better understand: [www.youtube.com]

The point of grad school is to have the courage to disagree and to do it well. If a prof says something that you find to be wrong, you write a paper about it and tell them why. It's not about anyone being right or wrong. It's about sharing research, perspectives, etc. Everyone educates each other. You don't seem to understand this basic concept. Just because a path is not your path, does not mean that it's not a viable path.

My comment about your presence here was mainly intended to ask you, "WTF have you done with your life that allows you to criticize the pursuits and labors of others?"

banana who Wrote:
> LOL @ cultural Marxism. That sort of term sounds
> straight from the jackass' mouth: Glen Blech.
>
> As to your point about hanging out here versus
> being there--I fail to see the connection. It's
> not an either/or. I don't see many activities as
> being worthy just because others do. And this gets
> me writing, which is my first love.
>
> My major was Special Education. There was no way I
> could stand to read research paper after research
> paper with the bogus language (trumped up to sound
> "intellectual" but really nothing but gibberish).
> Dull as hell.
>
> I had a professor (who was also my adviser) for a
> course on educational research and he stated that
> studies on sugar were discontinued after it was
> proven that sugar did NOT cause children to become
> hyperactive. He said that parents would see their
> kids going nuts at parties and conclude that the
> sugary treats caused it but it was actually the
> excitement of the party eye rolling smiley. And he never
> considered that perhaps the sugar lobby is so
> powerful that they can control what is studied and
> what results are allowed?
>
> I am glad you made friends and connections. You
> just need to know that your path is yours and mine
> is mine.

Date: April 28, 2013 12:41PM

Communicating on the Internet SUCKS!!!

When BW said that Master's Degrees were worthless, I just thought about the state of our economy and our unemployment rates and the possibility of our dollar collapsing.

McDonald’s help-wanted ad: Cashier position available; college degree required
[www.washingtontimes.com]

Are college degrees still worth it in this economy?
[www.usatoday.com]

College Degrees: Nearly Worthless?
[blogs.the-american-interest.com]

My master's wasn't worth it
[money.cnn.com]

Obviously, there are many other benefits that come from going to college, but as soon as I got out, I realized what a JOKE my education was and if I had someone like me teaching me, I could have learned everything in less than 2 months.

The bigger issue, however, is the state of our economy and how it's being destroyed by design. At the rate we're going we're going to end up like Argentina where even doctors and lawyers and PhDs will be dumpster diving.

A Message from Argentina: Our Sympathies to the People of Greece!
[www.infowars.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Date: April 28, 2013 05:39PM

<<<All alphas get a lot out of their college educations. If you got Bs and Cs or worse then it probably is worthless.>>>

Actually, a lot of businesses don't want the A students, as many times, they have NO SOCIAL Skills and would prefer someone who will get along with everyone else. Of course, some professions won't even talk to you if you were not top in your class, but the point remains, what good is any of this if our economy collapses?

Peace and Love..........John

Date: April 28, 2013 06:09PM

I want to add something about "education": it seems to just be a conditioning factory. I quit student teaching after one day recently because I refuse to participate in that whole thing. They are micromanaging every little thing related to children and I find it incredibly destructive.

So I continue to keep my mind and heart open to finding my bliss wherever it appears. The Universe will show me. smiling smiley

Date: April 28, 2013 06:12PM

John Rose Wrote:
> <<>>
>
> Actually, a lot of businesses don't want the A
> students, as many times, they have NO SOCIAL
> Skills and would prefer someone who will get along
> with everyone else. Of course, some professions
> won't even talk to you if you were not top in your
> class, but the point remains, what good is any of
> this if our economy collapses?
>
> Peace and Love..........John

I forgot about that--what exactly in an ALPHA? Is that like an A-type personality? Because, yeah, so not me. I dislike competition and that's why I don't follow group sports. Our society is so geared to it, too! I see parents screaming at their 6-year-olds during T-Ball: "Come on, Harry! Get that ball!" It's insane. Sorry: IMO it's insane. Don't want to get another deluge about my decrying this mentalitywinking smiley

Date: April 28, 2013 06:15PM

John Rose Wrote:

> Obviously, there are many other benefits that come
> from going to college, but as soon as I got out, I
> realized what a JOKE my education was and if I had
> someone like me teaching me, I could have learned
> everything in less than 2 months.

LOL - that's funny!

I think there are many moving parts on going to college. If you know what you want to do or be or have a passion for, go for it. What if you have no idea what you want to do, do you get the degree because you can't get a good job without it or save the money until you're ready. The college tuition scam is an outrage.

Date: April 28, 2013 06:27PM

You know, I was thinking about my linguistics training this morning. I observed a mother cooeing/speaking with her baby. We were taught that this is called Motherese.

The idea that everything is labeled (qualified) is repulsive to me because it's always approaching life from a very left-brain perspective and I am not interested in dissecting roses. I would rather just enjoy the lovely aroma and appearance than to say: "That is the stamen and that is the sepal." (LOL...I looked up the sepal part...winking smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2013 06:28PM by banana who.

Date: April 28, 2013 07:14PM

LOL...Oy...CooING. No E.

So much for my edumacation eye rolling smiley

Date: April 28, 2013 07:51PM

I love Motherese! I never knew it was called that - I thought it was "baby-talk".

Are you a chilly-billie?

Where's your other sockie-dockie?

We're hungie-bungies.

Time for beddy-bye.

Date: April 28, 2013 08:42PM

Right--we already had a word-label (as Eckhart Tolle calls them) for Motherese. But that is how it works: reinvent the wheel and then relabel it, as well. You could call it repackaging the @#$%&, if you will...

It used to be the case that teachers did not need certification to teach. Now they have to be "highly-qualified" (another one of the terms coined by the "suits" ) which is connected to NCLB mandates, which is connected to the destruction of the public school system by corporatizing it. In addition to destroying unions, they also throw around that unctuous corporate-speak. So I view many catch-phrases in academia as those sorts of slick terms, rather than using whatever folksy language predated it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2013 08:43PM by banana who.

Date: April 29, 2013 01:10PM

Speaking of conditioning students, here's a quote from my daughter's college Political Science textbook in the Chapter "Forming Political Opinions":

"At the college level, teaching style often changes. Many college courses and texts like this one are designed in part to provide you with the information necessary to think critically about issues of major political consequence. It is common in college for students to be called on to question the appropriateness of certain political actions or to discuss underlying reasons for certain political or policy decisions. Therefore, most researchers believe that college has a liberalizing effect on students. Since the 1920's, studies have shown that students become more liberal each year they are in college."

Date: April 29, 2013 07:56PM

I'll have to post this story about a mother whose child had to do homework about GMOs and they made them seem benign... eye rolling smiley

Date: April 29, 2013 09:13PM

The left brain is part of our brains. Engaging that part of our brain does not automatically mean that we ignore the rest of it. Can you comprehend that? My logic tells me that strengthening one part of the brain actually strengthens the rest, but I'm not a neuro-scientist. Care to share with us your fabulous creative brain activity? You mystic you.

Just because you don't find something intersting that makes it "repulsive?"

"Oh no. Look at those people peacefully studying roses! How repulsive!"

I can tell that you're a real bearer of light. Yes, that is a sarcastic ad hominem.

banana who Wrote:
> You know, I was thinking about my linguistics
> training this morning. I observed a mother
> cooeing/speaking with her baby. We were taught
> that this is called Motherese.
>
> The idea that everything is labeled (qualified) is
> repulsive to me because it's always approaching
> life from a very left-brain perspective and I am
> not interested in dissecting roses. I would rather
> just enjoy the lovely aroma and appearance than to
> say: "That is the stamen and that is the sepal."
> (LOL...I looked up the sepal part...winking smiley)

Date: April 29, 2013 09:20PM

Not an A-type personality. The world is filled with quiet, unassuming people who are bright, hard-working, and who have achieved a lot. By an alpha I simply mean people who get things done. Those who live life. The ones who hold the world together and push us forward. For example, those who created the computer and the internet that you use to spread your opinions. Once again, you twist and turn in the most negative and inane ways.

banana who Wrote:
> John Rose Wrote:
> -----
> > <<>>
> >
> > Actually, a lot of businesses don't want the A
> > students, as many times, they have NO SOCIAL
> > Skills and would prefer someone who will get
> along
> > with everyone else. Of course, some
> professions
> > won't even talk to you if you were not top in
> your
> > class, but the point remains, what good is any
> of
> > this if our economy collapses?
> >
> > Peace and Love..........John
>
>
> I forgot about that--what exactly in an ALPHA? Is
> that like an A-type personality? Because, yeah, so
> not me. I dislike competition and that's why I
> don't follow group sports. Our society is so
> geared to it, too! I see parents screaming at
> their 6-year-olds during T-Ball: "Come on, Harry!
> Get that ball!" It's insane. Sorry: IMO it's
> insane. Don't want to get another deluge about my
> decrying this mentalitywinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 09:21PM by HH.

Date: April 29, 2013 09:26PM

Is the language really that hard to understand or that mandatory? I never used it myself and graduated with a 4.0. Seriously, the word "hegemony" never made an appearance in one of my papers.

I can't repeat this enough, just because you don't relate to something or are not particularly skilled at it, does not mean that it's bad. It just means that it's not your thing. Of all the things that you could criticize, you choose to pick on people getting together and discussing ideas? Really?

banana who Wrote:
> Right--we already had a word-label (as Eckhart
> Tolle calls them) for Motherese. But that is how
> it works: reinvent the wheel and then relabel it,
> as well. You could call it repackaging the @#$%&,
> if you will...
>
> It used to be the case that teachers did not need
> certification to teach. Now they have to be
> "highly-qualified" (another one of the terms
> coined by the "suits" ) which is connected to NCLB
> mandates, which is connected to the destruction of
> the public school system by corporatizing it. In
> addition to destroying unions, they also throw
> around that unctuous corporate-speak. So I view
> many catch-phrases in academia as those sorts of
> slick terms, rather than using whatever folksy
> language predated it.

Date: April 29, 2013 09:31PM

No social skills? Tsk, tsk...such a poorly veiled, irrelevant attack. You have no clue what you're talking about. What about the student with the 4.0 who charms the pants off of her interrogators in a corporate interview? Seriously, concurrently developing social skills while getting good grades isn't that much of a juggling act. If someone doesn't possess social skills, why would they go into a profession that requires them?

John Rose Wrote:
> <<>>
>
> Actually, a lot of businesses don't want the A
> students, as many times, they have NO SOCIAL
> Skills and would prefer someone who will get along
> with everyone else. Of course, some professions
> won't even talk to you if you were not top in your
> class, but the point remains, what good is any of
> this if our economy collapses?
>
> Peace and Love..........John

Date: April 29, 2013 09:42PM

Define "liberal." What exactly does that mean? Has long hair? Doesn't shave armpits? Sleeps with people of different races? Supports social welfare programs? Doesn't like competition? Oh, but that can't be possible because they're in college, that institution of vicious competition and groomer of the irrational little league parents of the future.

If someone's mind gets manipulated in college, that's their problem. College is comprised of adults, not children. This is the same reason why I try not to criticize people for selling things like $6000 earthing beds. It's not their fault that there are fully grown adults who actually fall for that nonsense. They're actually just giving them what they want. By the same token, I'd say that people who allow themselves to be "brainwashed" are also getting what they want. They can't think for themselves and are dying for someone to come along and tell them what to think. They're fully aware of what's happening. No spells are cast on them. It's an agreement by consent. The student forks over tuition, the institution provides a structured set of ideals, etc. However, as I've tried to convey many times, a good school will not punish students who want to think for themselves. It will encourage them as long as they're good at thinking for themselves. That's the key. Capiche?

KidRaw Wrote:
> Speaking of conditioning students, here's a quote
> from my daughter's college Political Science
> textbook in the Chapter "Forming Political
> Opinions":
>
> "At the college level, teaching style often
> changes. Many college courses and texts like this
> one are designed in part to provide you with the
> information necessary to think critically about
> issues of major political consequence. It is
> common in college for students to be called on to
> question the appropriateness of certain political
> actions or to discuss underlying reasons for
> certain political or policy decisions. Therefore,
> most researchers believe that college has a
> liberalizing effect on students. Since the 1920's,
> studies have shown that students become more
> liberal each year they are in college."

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables