Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Twin-Nested Hierarchy…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: May 15, 2013 08:32PM

This Video is the best Biological explanation of Evolution that I have ever seen. This Video also comes with a transcript and is part of a 17 Part Series, all worth the time to watch [see below for details].

[uk.youtube.com]
The 10th falsehood of Creationism:
“The evolutionary ‘tree of life’ is nowhere implied either in the fossil record, nor in any aspect of biology.”
10:16 Minute Video

AronRa
June 05, 2008
An abbreviated introductory primer to cladistic phylogenetics, the most compelling and overwhelming evidence of evolution and our place in nature.

Here's the Transcript:
[darwinwasright.homestead.com]

Here are all of the 17 Parts…

…File Table of Contents…
1. The 1st Falsehood of creationism: “evolution = atheism”
2. The 2nd foundational falsehood of creationism: scriptures are the “Word of God”.
3. The 3rd Foundational Falsehood of Creationism;human interpretation = absolute truth.
4. The 4th Foundational Falsehood of Creationism; belief = knowledge
5. The 5th foundational falsehood of creationism; “Evolution-ism” (part I) “Evolution = the religion of atheism”
6. The 6th falsehood of Creationism: “Evolution-ism” (Part II) “Evolution must explain the origin of life, the universe, and everything.”
7. The 7th foundational falsehood of Creationism: “Evolution is random.”
8. The 8th foundational falsehood of creationism: “Mutations are rare, harmful decreases in genetic information.”
9. The 9th falsehood of Creationism: “No transitional species have ever been found.”
10. The 10th falsehood of Creationism: “The evolutionary ‘tree of life’ is nowhere implied either in the fossil record, nor in any aspect of biology.”
11. The 11th foundational falsehood of Creationism: “Macroevolution has never been observed.”
12. The 12th falsehood of Creationism: “Creation science”
13. The 13th foundational falsehood of creationism: “Evolution is a fraud!”
14. The 14th foundational falsehood of creationism: “Creation is evident” Part 1
15. The 14th foundational falsehood of creationism: “Creation is evident” Part II
16. The 15th foundational falsehood of creationism: “Evolution has never been proved. It’s still just a theory, not a fact.” Part 1
17. The 15th foundational falsehood of creationism: “Evolution has never been proved. It’s still just a theory, not a fact.” Part II
…End of File Table of Contents…

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Twin-Nested Hierarchy…
Date: May 16, 2013 01:40AM

[www.youtube.com]
Turns out we DID come from monkeys!
11:00 Minute Video

AronRa
Uploaded on Jan 16, 2010

This is a revised version of a video I posted several months ago. It was then a victim of a false-flagging campaign after only being up for a day or so. But although there have been many mirrors of it, I still find myself referring a lot of people to it, because it is so important to illustrate my particular position and the controversy surrounding it. So I re-edited it a bit, and removed an image some thought might have been offensive -to the sort of person who desperately wants to be offended. The original had only been viewed about 5,000 times. Back then I only had about twice that many subscribers, about a third what I have now. So let's see how well it does this time around.

Here is the script:
[darwinwasright.homestead.com]...

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 17, 2013 06:31AM

Hi John, I'll do my best to check out that biological version, as it seems to be the best source for any evidence.

jalan

Date: May 19, 2013 06:28AM

You're making a lot of assumptions jimtoo, such as 'eventually migrating leading to today's form'. What makes you believe that the fossilised fish that was found is a relative anyway. All fish are related if you what to play that game.

There is so much scientific research that's based on assumptions. Anyway, what makes you think that a creator didn't experiment? Wouldn't you?

Date: May 20, 2013 01:37AM

John, I've had a good read of quite a lot of the material you have posted, and as far as I can see, it's all descriptive. Yet, it doesn't give explanations for the variations that are seen. I was expecting some form of scientific data which had been gained from extensive research rather that only to describe what has been found.

I'm afraid this is a continuation of what I mostly always find. At any rate, what I would like to see is an explanation of how life began. Then we can talk about evolution, because how can we discuss evolution without knowing the origin of life?

jalan

Date: May 20, 2013 02:54AM

<<<At any rate, what I would like to see is an explanation of how life began. Then we can talk about evolution, because how can we discuss evolution without knowing the origin of life?>>>

Perhaps this might help…

[uk.youtube.com]
AronRa
February 02, 2008
Taking on common Creationist canards relating to what evolution is and isn't, and what it does or doesn't depend on or relate to.

Here's the script
The 6th falsehood of Creationism:
“Evolution-ism”
(Part II)
“Evolution must explain the origin of life, the universe, and everything.”

Obviously no aspect of biology has anything to do with how the earth formed or where anything else in the universe came from. It really doesn’t matter how the cosmos came to be. It could be a steady-state, or a cyclic series of big bang and big crunch contractions, or a one-time eruption from a string theorist’s “dimensional rift”. It could even be magically conjured by the gods of creation. Or it could be some other method used by a more reasonable version of God. However the universe originated, it does not relate at all to how life evolved.

Date: May 21, 2013 03:04AM

But it does John, it has everything to do with the origin of life, since the formation of the universe steadily formed all the elements that we know of and those that we don't, ever since the currently accepted view we have of the 'big bang' theory the creation/formation of the universe.

Everyone that I've met who believes in evolution will not give an inch, and vice versa I'm afraid. That is sad, as surely if we can put aside our petty biases we would make much greater progress to the truth. Perhaps there is a combination of both creation and evolution rather than either one or the other???

I myself find it very onerous to believe that all the complexity of life and non-life could not have been brought about by some form of intelligence. There's just too much to have just been formed by blind chance, not matter how much time may have passed. For example, the single cell is so complex, how could it have formed with no planning. I can understand the progress of the elements, even the carbon element. But from then on there's no evidence that those carbon elements became living organisms. And no scientist can tell you either. They still talk about the soup, where through electrical energy (lightening) transformed those carbon elements into living single cell organisms.

If you happen upon the book entitled 'The Five Greatest Ideas In Science', which by the way, is one of those recommended books for uni students to read, I'm sure you'll gain a new perspective altogether.

jalan

Date: May 21, 2013 05:10PM

<<<what I would like to see is an explanation of how life began. Then we can talk about evolution, because how can we discuss evolution without knowing the origin of life?>>>

<<<it has everything to do with the origin of life, since the formation of the universe steadily formed all the elements that we know of and those that we don't>>>

Hey Jalan,

Yes, we have lots of Evidence for Evolution and only Speculation for the Origins of Life. It’s disingenuous to dismiss Evidence based on Speculation.

In all honesty, I really don’t understand why you’re having such a hard time with all of the Evidence that Proves Evolution has occurred and continues to occur. If you were Religious instead of Spiritual, I could understand why you think the way you do, but you said, “I'm a spiritual person, but not religious. By this I mean that I don't practice organised religion. I totally believe in a creator, …” Perhaps I’m a little confused at where you stand. Do you believe the Bible is God’s Book and do you believe God is external as in separate from you? If so, then perhaps Evolution threatens some of your other core beliefs.

Once again, perhaps this might help…

[uk.youtube.com]
AronRa
February 02, 2008
Taking on common Creationist canards relating to what evolution is and isn't, and what it does or doesn't depend on or relate to.

Here's the script
The 6th falsehood of Creationism:
“Evolution-ism”
(Part II)
“Evolution must explain the origin of life, the universe, and everything.”

The problem creationists have with evolution is not that it challenges belief in God, because it doesn’t. Their problem is that evolution, -like every other field of science- challenges the accuracy and authority of the storybooks which creationists equate to God. Consequently, they tend to reject science almost entirely, and will often take all the sciences they perceive as threatening, and lump them all together under one heading, which they then refer to as “evolution-ism”. It’s an attempt to minimize the sheer volume of sciences allied against them. This is also part of their intentionally-erected illusion of equality; a false dichotomy that if their legendary folklore isn’t the absolute authority -being both literally and completely true, then God couldn’t create or even exist any other way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables