Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Survival Measures
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 17, 2013 04:01AM

We ended up watching another Archie Bunker episode. So funny and so true today - the libs were the same then as now.

I think the PM doesn't work anymore because it got overloaded - that's the impression I got from the wording of the error code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 04:07AM by KidRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 23, 2013 03:38AM

possessing outstanding health is an excellent survival tool as well

Posted by: HH ()
Date: August 23, 2013 01:54PM

If there are food shortages the overweight will actually have more time than the uber-skinny because their bodies will be able to eat all that fat.

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> possessing outstanding health is an excellent
> survival tool as well

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 23, 2013 02:52PM

<<<If there are food shortages the overweight will actually have more time than the uber-skinny because their bodies will be able to eat all that fat.>>>

In “Vol. III Fasting and Sun Bathing” Dr. Herbert Shelton writes...

"Sylvester Graham denied that the fat man lives longer on prolonged abstinence from food than does a thin one. He says, "If the fat be designed for the nourishment of the body during protracted fasts, etc., then if a very fat man, in the enjoyment of what is ordinarily considered good health, and a lean man in good health, be shut up together, and condemned to die of starvation, the fat man ought to diminish in weight much more slowly, and to live considerably longer than the lean man; but directly the contrary to this is true. The lean man will lose in weight much more slowly, and live several days longer than the fat man, in spite of all the nourishment which the latter may derive from his adipose deposits."--Science of Human Life, pp. 193-194.

Trall took a similar view, as does Carrington, who says of Graham's statement: "I may say that this has been my own experience, precisely." The explanation offered is that, while the fat person has a large store of fat on his frame, he is deficient in other food requisites. Fatty tissue, these men think, is invariably diseased and deficient tissue. Trall said, "Feed a dog on butter, starch, or sugar alone, and you will save in him the consumption of fat, but the dog will die of starvation. He will be plump, round, embonpoint, and yet die of inanition."--Alcoholic Controversy, pp. 148-149. This seems to be what they thought will take place in the fasting fat man.

This is an a priori conclusion, since the experiment has never been made, and it is not borne out by animal experimentation. There is, as I have emphasized elsewhere, a vast difference between a fast and a very deficient diet, such as the diets described by Trall. The ultimate results of the two types of nutrition are very different. Nevertheless, there may be cases of fat individuals who would actually starve to death before a thinner person would do so, for the reason that the nutritive reserves in the fat person may be so unbalanced that he cannot go long without food. I have, myself, cared for fat men and women who did not fast well and who did not hold up under fasting as well as do many who are actually skinny. But I have never been sure that in these patients, the trouble was not largely if not wholly mental. In view of the fat person's love of food and his worrying and fretting when deprived of it, he may actually kill himself while the thin man is still philosophizing about life and death."

Posted by: HH ()
Date: August 23, 2013 05:01PM

Well John, I hope that your sources are right because I'm lean and mean right now and plan to be that way no matter what happens. I know that Mike Adams and Daniel Vitalis are real into that survivalist stuff. I've often wondered if they didn't fatten up a bit just in case. Vitalis especially looks like it or maybe it's just his build.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 24, 2013 02:03AM

Oh man, I don't have a lot of extra to lose. I can eat light and maintain but I'm not one for fasting completely, that would be pretty tough. It's hard to harvest enough wild food to make meals, you'd literally have to be collecting and preparing food non-stop. Like an animal. Guess that's really get us back to basics eh? Not sure I'm so ready for that... kinda like having leisure time.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 24, 2013 11:31AM

well, if one is extremely well mineralized to begin with ( from an excellent diet)
and has outstanding physical acumen, then it really takes as lot LESS food to continue
a healthful life

if the body is accustomed to high oxygenation ( due to regular exercise)
the cells are also being very well oxygenated thus this machinery has the wherewithal
to continue with a leaner fare and fare better

a person who is not accustomed to a lean (highly mineralized) diet
and is not accustomed to a lifestyle in which the cells are continually oxygenated
will fare poorly with what they might consider a strikingly bare diet ( which might seem just right to someone used to eating small but highly nutrient dense amounts of foods

either way , outstanding health is not just a survival tool but an absolute necessity because it allows one far greater mobility (mentally, emotionally, physically)
its just easier to be extremely healthy and deal with dramatic change

i'd imagine it would be extremely difficult to be unhealthy and deal with a sudden and dramatic change

it's hard to imagine what that would be like and i feel badly for those who might have to face that reality ( especially for people who have some sort of disability that might not be so forgiving and require a regimented regiment like diabetes or
something like that)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables