Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

We don't need no (public) education
Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 26, 2014 09:48PM

Sheldon Richman proposes that it's dangerous to place the minds of children in the hands of our rulers...[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We don't need no (public) education
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 27, 2014 01:39PM

Eric, thanks for Video - I’ll add this to my file on Education.

Here are some more Videos with Charlotte Iserbyt that are worth watching and Charlotte has her book - The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America on her website for free.

Charlotte Iserbyt: The Miseducation of America
1:14:41 Minute Video
[www.youtube.com]

DOWNLOAD PDF TRANSCRIPT HERE
[static.infowars.com]

This Video is also broken into the 5 Part Video series below, which has more info on her website…

[www.youtube.com]
The Secret History of Western Education: The Scientific Destruction of Minds - Charlotte Iserbyt 1/5
15:20 Minute Video
Uploaded by TheAlexJonesChannel on Jun 16, 2011
Charlotte Thompson Iserbyt served as the head of policy at the Department of Education during the first administration of Ronald Reagan. While working there she discovered a long term strategic plan by the tax exempt foundations to transform America from a nation of rugged individualists and problem solvers to a country of servile, brainwashed minions who simply regurgitate whatever they're told.

Part one of our exclusive interview with Iserbyt breaks down how conditioning/training under a corporate agenda has replaced traditional education, leading to a deliberate dumbing down of Americans. Iserbyt further explains how Reagan signed agreements merging the U.S. and Soviet systems under the United Nations banner, turning over education and many other areas of public policy to global control.

This 74 minute exposé is a must see for anyone who wants to truly know why the education system is deliberately crafted to produce human drones with no critical thinking whose only skills are to be subservient, trust authority and follow orders.

Visit Iserbyt's website at [www.deliberatedumbingdown.com]
[www.youtube.com]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[www.youtube.com]
The Secret History of Western Education: The Scientific Destruction of Minds - Charlotte Iserbyt 2/5
15:09 Minute Video

[www.youtube.com]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[www.youtube.com]
The Secret History of Western Education: The Scientific Destruction of Minds - Charlotte Iserbyt 3/5
15:07 Minute Video

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
The Secret History of Western Education: The Scientific Destruction of Minds - Charlotte Iserbyt 4/5
15:00 Minute Video

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
The Secret History of Western Education: The Scientific Destruction of Minds - Charlotte Iserbyt 5/5
14:27 Minute Video

[www.youtube.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 27, 2014 06:58PM

Here is another “must see” Video where Michael Tellinger says that “Our Schools are Indoctrination Camps to Brainwash our children to follow orders and bow to authority” which is the same thing that Sheldon Richman and Charlotte Iserbyt talk about. I’ll include my notes where Michael talks about our Education System along with a link to the Video below and since this is such an interesting Video, I’ll start a new Thread, which I’ve been meaning to do for some time - [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

10-5-13

[www.youtube.com]
Michael Tellinger's presentation of the Annunaki and more! MUST WATCH!
2:02:36 Minute Video

1:34:45 MM or JR’s Audio Tape 00:00 MM
Our Education System has nothing to do with LEARNING

Developed and Funded by the banking families to condition humanity into following orders.

They Control the Content of all of the text books and transfer of Information

Our Schools are Indoctrination Camps to Brainwash our children to follow orders and bow to authority. It has nothing to do with learning people.

[www.youtube.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Date: January 28, 2014 01:21AM

School ditches rules and loses bullies [tvnz.co.nz]

"But this wasn't a playtime revolution, it was just a return to the days before health and safety policies came to rule.

AUT professor of public health Grant Schofield, who worked on the research project, said there are too many rules in modern playgrounds.

'The great paradox of cotton-woolling children is it's more dangerous in the long-run.'

Society's obsession with protecting children ignores the benefits of risk-taking, he said.

Children develop the frontal lobe of their brain when taking risks, meaning they work out consequences. 'You can't teach them that. They have to learn risk on their own terms. It doesn't develop by watching TV, they have to get out there.'"

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 28, 2014 02:43AM

That's encouraging. A lot of schools here in the US don't even let the kids go outdoors during recess anymore.

Interesting -

"Children develop the frontal lobe of their brain when taking risks, meaning they work out consequences."

Date: January 28, 2014 02:44PM

I've been getting into this 5 hour interview with John Taylor Gatto. [en.wikipedia.org]

This is part 1. It's broken up into 5 parts. The actual interview starts at about the 17 minute mark. [www.youtube.com]

Date: January 28, 2014 03:22PM

He's getting up there - about 80 years old. I'll check out the video. I wonder if he's familiar with Waldorf because that's the best school for kids who aren't home-schooled or unschooled - in my opinion.

I home-schooled one of my girls in eighth grade using the Oak Meadow Course and she had a tutor for math -

[www.oakmeadow.com]

Date: January 28, 2014 04:59PM

Well, it's really long. I'm not sure if even I have the time for all of it. He talks a lot about the OBE method of education and how it destroys creativity, individualism, etc. He's a very well read scholar who knows his subject.

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's getting up there - about 80 years old. I'll
> check out the video. I wonder if he's familiar
> with Waldorf because that's the best school for
> kids who aren't home-schooled or unschooled - in
> my opinion.
>
> I home-schooled one of my girls in eighth grade
> using the Oak Meadow Course and she had a tutor
> for math -
>
> [www.oakmeadow.com]

Date: January 28, 2014 09:29PM

Pete Seeger "What Did You Learn in School?" [www.youtube.com]

Date: January 30, 2014 02:57PM

"Education may be the only thing people still believe in in the United States. To question education is really dangerous. It is the absolute taboo. It’s like telling the world there’s no Santa Claus."

-Peter Thiel

Date: February 06, 2014 04:23PM

Pre-School = Free Daycare

They'll be making it mandatory some day -

A New Entitlement? The Right to Preschool -

[news.yahoo.com]

In the 2013-2014 school year, funding rose in 30 of the 40 states that provide preschool aid. The three largest increases occurred in Republican dominated states — a $65 million spending hike in Michigan, nearly $48 million in Texas and about $27 million in South Carolina.

Some state preschool programs are reaching into the middle-class. Michigan, for example, provides free preschool to a family of four earning up to about $59,000.

Fewer than half of the nation's 3- and 4-year-olds attend publicly funded preschool programs, according to one report.

The case for preschool is increasingly being made on economic terms. James Heckman, a Nobel Memorial Prize winner in economics at the University of Chicago, has calculated that the money spent on quality preschool programs for disadvantaged children generates an annual 7 percent to 10 percent return by boosting their eventual wages and reducing their likelihood of winding up in prison or costly social welfare programs.

One of the primary sponsors in Mississippi is state. Sen. Brice Wiggins, a freshman Republican from Pascagoula who was a youth court prosecutor.

"I got tired of seeing children going to prison for crimes, and the big thing was their lack of education," he said.

Mississippi's efforts pale in comparison with some of the initiatives being proposed by Democrats. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio wants to create a citywide all-day preschool program funded by an income tax surcharge on the wealthy. And all three of Maryland's leading Democratic gubernatorial candidates are pushing to expand preschool, including one who wants to fund it by legalizing and taxing marijuana.

They equate pre-school attendence with less criminality.

"Additionally, children who attend quality preschools are far less likely to get involved in crime down the road. In fact, one randomized study found that children who did not attend a quality preschool were five times more likely to become chronic lawbreakers by the time they were 27 years old, compared to similar children who did attend a quality preschool. Early education also provides tremendous economic benefits “with estimated rates of return that would make a venture capitalist envious,” according to Brookings Institution researchers. One study showed that preschool cut crime, welfare and other costs so much that it saved the public more than $16 for every $1 invested—including more than $11 in crime savings."

Study: The Benefits of Preschool Last 25 Years Later

[healthland.time.com]

"To cut crime, raise education and income levels, and reduce addiction rates among the poor, no program offers more bang for the buck than preschool, as a new study published in Science demonstrates.

The long-term study followed 1,539 children born in 1979-80. They lived in the lowest-income neighborhoods of Chicago, where nearly 40% of residents live below the poverty line; most of the children were African American.

More than 950 of the families in the study participated in Chicago’s Child-Parent Center Education Program, the second oldest federally funded preschool program in the country, which focuses on school-readiness, including listening skills and math and reading preparation. The kids who attended preschool started at age 3-4. Their parents were actively involved in the program. The rest of the kids in the study did not attend preschool but participated in full-day kindergarten."

Date: February 06, 2014 06:02PM

This begs the question: Are children who don't attend pre-school 5 times as likely to become criminals because they didn't attend pre-school, or is it because they have incompetent parents? The connection between no pre-school and criminality is flimsy, to say the least.

Date: February 06, 2014 06:45PM

Right. I think it proves that pre-school kids whose parents are involved in the study are less likely to commit crime. How many kids attended pre-school 25 years ago anyway? Maybe just the kids with caring, interested, involved parents went to pre-school way back then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables