Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Young People
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 03, 2007 09:18PM

My kids rented the new Charlotte's Web and It got me thinking about how we have a lot of movies that try to make us empathetic to animals but the characters aren't vegetarian. Fern doesn't scream out 'How can we eat these animals!!' The same thing goes for movies. Are there any that you can think of? I don't mean little 10 minute teaching videos or coloring books from PETA. I'd like to read/ see one. We, the vegan and vegetarian community, could do more. The key to change is through children. The more we can influence them the faster change will come. Storm and Jinjee are doing more than anyone I know of. Maybe they will put a good movie out. It would be so nice if my kids could identify with at least one heroic, vegetarian character somewhere. I remember identifying with the tofu eating grungy girl on The Breakfast Club. Is that all there is?

I am so proud of all the young people on this forum. I wish I had been smart and brave enough to do what you guys are doing. The road is getting easier and easier to travel as we all pave the way for the younger ones coming behind you. The more they know, the faster it goes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Young People
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 05, 2007 03:53PM

The kids and I went to see "RV" with Robin Williams this week. I was so happy that the cute daughter was a vegetarian!!! Yeah!!! There was a bumper sticker they kept showing that said "Meat is Murder." Maybe we will see more and more of this in the mainstream. I know it helps my kids to see it.

Re: Young People
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 05, 2007 04:00PM

pakd4fun Wrote:
>
> I am so proud of all the young people on this
> forum. I wish I had been smart and brave enough
> to do what you guys are doing. The road is
> getting easier and easier to travel as we all pave
> the way for the younger ones coming behind you.
> The more they know, the faster it goes.

AMEN!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables