Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Living RAW n Organic is good but is afordable?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 05, 2007 06:38PM

I'm a student journalist working on an article concerning the economic realities of affordable organic food, raw life style in Urban cities particularly Central Los Angles and I would be interested in your feedback. Thank you for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living RAW n Organic is good but is afordable?
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: September 06, 2007 05:32AM

hmm.. my thoughts are that for starters it depends on what you mean by affordable. Everyone has different prioreties which they will allocate more or less energy to, and for those that place high importance on health and see eating organicly as a means to obtain this, then affordable becomes a much higher allocation of their resorces.

Secondly I'm sure it would depend on the economic and agricultural climate within the particular city being studied. Like I've read posts from a few canadians saying how hard it is to get good fresh produce let alone organic.

And finaly I believe it would depend on the individuals choice in diet.. for example, processed organic goods cost way more where I am in N.Z than do fresh produce, and fruit way more than vege's in general. So if you were right into vege's and rice for example, it would cost you way less to eat than someone who was into dried fruit, fresh fruit and premade meals etc.

Thats my experience anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2007 05:33AM by Lightform.

Re: Living RAW n Organic is good but is afordable?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 07, 2007 02:15PM

Hey hozwe,
Check out the thread on the same subject in the main forum (top of list). There's an article by Frederick Patenaude that I posted on how people can save up to 30% on their raw food diet costs.

My costs were driving me nuts until recently, when I did three things:
a) put myself on a waiting list for a public garden plot (I'm next in line)
b) put myself on a waiting list for next year to get organic produce from a farm shares program, which provides really good food, cheap
-and-
c) found a local supermarket one bus ride away from my home that provides me better produce at almost half the price I've been paying.

For me, eating a raw, mostly organic diet is not a luxury; I consider food my medicine, so I'll do what I have to do to get what I need. ;-)

Hope this helps.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables