Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The incredible Huashan Hiking Trail
Posted by: Jose ()
Date: February 19, 2008 05:25PM

Pretty crazy stuff!

[www.ssqq.com]

Cheers,
J

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The incredible Huashan Hiking Trail
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 19, 2008 08:04PM

oh my gosh, that's amazing! first i was thinking wow, what a view, then i was thniking whew, look at all those stairs! then i got to the part with the planks and the chain and i though uh, no way. those pictures are good enough for me!

Date: February 19, 2008 08:08PM

Wow -- that would be my worst nightmare. In fact, I have nightmares about heights because I'm scared of them. I never saw anything so steep as those trails, and I can relate to the feeling of 'oh, no, what did I get myself into' because I've experienced that when I was younger -like going on various rides at amusement parks.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 19, 2008 10:49PM

I'm in! Where do I sign up?

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 20, 2008 05:00AM

WOWWWWW!!
takes my breathe away

how EXHILARATING that must be

I hope it becomes even MORE dangerous because when I get to the top, I plan on STAYING there FOREVER ( living off tree bark sap, stray berries, and (hopefully) edible leaves.

and i don't want ANY VISITORS haranguing me LOL smiling smiley

i gotta FOCUS while meditating on top of Five Thousand Mile Staring At Heaven Precipice and i musn't be disturbed

well i guess it'll be okay for maui greg to visit me to replenish my supply of goji berries and hunza berries and some blackberries too while he's foraging

( ohhhh... and don't forget to pick up some cantaloupes on your way up too ! smiling smiley

heehhh hehhhhhhh !

that is INCREDIBLE....I felt the power of it just looking at the photos made my spine tingly

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: February 22, 2008 11:26AM

I reckon a raw food retreat to that temple out on the South Peak should be organised. We can airlift coco and Lois in if they can't hack the trail winking smiley

For a break perhaps we could have a quick game of chess on the cool temple on top of the West peak, the Playing Chess Pavilion smiling smiley

Cheers,
J

Date: February 23, 2008 02:35PM

hee hee josay

though i never did learn how to play chess
i think that the BEST place to learn it would be in the chess pavilion

u can teach me

on a side note:

i have to tell you what happened that night when i saw the photos of the huashan hiking trail

this dream seemed SO SOOOOO REAL!!

and it was really scary and i sort of had a new thought about climbing the mountain afterwards ( not saying i chickened out .. yet... but u have to hear what i dreamed)

in this dream, i am not on a mountain trail per se

in fact, i am not sure WHERE i am exactly

all i know is that i am in some sort of a cave like well... a cave

but it is no ordinary cave

it is like a big gaping crimson orange red cave... i mean the interior walls of the cave had that sort of a look/feel

as if there was some strange source of light or maybe it was fire.. i don't know

and i am scaling this cave ( it feels as if it is not by my own volition... like i was somehow unknowingly catapulted into this situation because it is quite harrowing)

at any rate, there is a discombobulation of chains that line the side of the cave horizontally

and below my feet are the most RICKETY rickety RICKETY!!! latticework of wood like criss cross thin.. creaky ( and i mean CREAKY... because i felt them move underneath me) planks

at any rate... i am TERRIFIED!! and thinking " WHAT did i get myself into??"

i remember holding on REALLY hard to the chains

but the horrifying thing is that the chains on the side of the cave.. i can't trust... because i feel like the cave is going to topple down and also swallow me up.... i am practically in the jaws... of this cave... and i am going further into the interior ( don't ask me why)

anyhow... i woke up thinking " hmmm... about that huashan hiking idea...."

it didn't make me scratch huashan mountain off my list completely

but it did make me aware of how DEPENDENT human beings are on the CONSTRUCTION of such life saving devices that were hammered into the rocks etc as holding bars

then i thought about a friend of mine who loves rock climbing and he barely uses anything...

well, anyhow.. i just had to share that dream

i can't believe how REAL it felt

oh yeah, did i mention that i couldn't see the bottom of that cave
because my eyes were SO riveted to the chains on the wall and my hands were trying so hard to hold onto them... but i had a feeling that the cave was bottomless

i think dreams are kind of interesting in that i may not have seen the bottom of the cave but i SENSED its dimensions

did anyone else have a dream like this?

my dreams are so vivid sometimes..makes me wonder what places my soul perigrinates to with or without my conscious mind LOL smiling smiley

Date: February 23, 2008 07:00PM

I love playing chess.

The kwan, bond, codex story was supposed to have ended with a mysterious chess game at bottom of the ocean. But time ran out.

elnatural

Date: February 24, 2008 05:25AM

time is like a runner

the runner may run out of energy and take a snooze

but the running never stops

i have no idea what i meant by that

i just read an article in Discovery magazine about some funky albert einstein stuff and how he kept refuting his own manifestations of his theory that were made by other people

then how he had to concede to them

anyhow.. it put me in a funky thinking mode ( which is probably not unusual for mesmiling smiley

Date: February 24, 2008 03:02PM

This is more my speed - exhilarating, but not scary.

Here's our trail in the Blue Ridge Mountains --

[adobe.kodakgallery.com]

Date: February 24, 2008 10:40PM

Can't wait until Spring to do some serious hiking.

Date: February 24, 2008 10:57PM

gorgeous Lois! reminds me of where we were living in BC. it can get pretty here too but it's flat flat flat! nice sunrise and sunsets though, i missed those living in the mountains.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables