Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: YES!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 01, 2008 03:49AM

I added pictures with my logo inlay. The inlay wood is spalted maple. The dust from sanding the ebony fret board has made it look darker. It needs a little more local sanding. I didn't get the frets in today as planned. Finishing date is now set to be Monday.

Since I get asked about it at times I added a picture of my bike.

[www.greenlivingoasis.com]

elnatural

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 01, 2008 03:22PM

jeeperzz!

that's a nice looking guitar... so classy
the
A and M juxatposed against each other look like a french tower (neat)

i can understand how people can play the guitar

i can also understand how people can make guitars

but i can't understand how people can do BOTH ( like do they have a school for teaching how to MAKE guitars??)

those are two entirely different things

did u make your bike too?

i have a mountain bike

the recumbent bike looks neat
i saw a man riding his recumbent bike down a little hill

it shocked the heck out of me

here he was
navigating a virtual SLOPE ( though it was just two or three foot slope)

but looks like he is just kicking back on that bike like he was laying down ready to watch a movie ( but he was actually going down a slope)

and it also looked like he was having a lot of fun

so neat

what are the pros of a recumbent bike?

what makes a better than a regular bike?

does your back get to be more relaxed? or do u get to ride for LONGer periods?

it kind of intrigues me

Date: March 01, 2008 05:13PM

La-veronique

thanks for all of the positive feed back : )

I belong to a luthiers club meaning makers of stringed instruments.

Before finding that club I was making a 36 string folk harp. I got the instructions for that by 2 books bought online. That harp is about half done.

I have played accoustic guitar since high school. I modified my accoustic guitar after seeing from others how to make it better.

While doing that I was playing others electrics they had made. I experieced how many sounds they could produce, how they were more ergonomic and how you can play more notes. I decided to build an electric then. I work mostly in Marcs shop who attended a luthiers school in Arizona. It's been a 1 on 1 teaching. I did all of the work. Marc has been an excellent and very generous teacher. He now says I can work for him when he gets a new shop set up. He said my guitar is his favorite of all he has made, help make or repair. Im having the most fun doing this.

Some one sent me a youtube video of an electric violin. I liked it so much that I started making one. I plan to make harps, electric violins, and electric celos, I will put that youtube ev on the marooned post. Just wait till you hear that one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another hobby of mine since the mid 80s is riding and later making recumbent bikes. Prior to this bike I have made about 7. This one I bought used because it's my first front wheel drive model. I didnt know how to set it up from scratch and I got it cheap from a friend. I have been slowly modifying it. I have changed all of the compenets and cut the frame up to make it shorter on both ends. I made a new seat. When I get it where I like it and im very close to that, I will make a carbon fiber frame and move all the parts onto it.

Recumbents are much more comfortable, and if set up right faster to ride. Recumbents own all of the speed records. The hour record is now at least 55mph and the 200 meter at least 82mph. The pressure points on what we call DF'S or diamond frames are well known. Hands,neck, and seat contact area going totaly numb. In men it destroys anatomy. Real men ride recumbents. There are no stress points on recumbents. And your head is straight and down for good visibility in all directions. And you cant fly over the handle bars and land on your head. I know many DF'ERS who did that. One sort of paralised from it. Its very sporty and fun to ride these low ones like i have. Back in 90 I was one of the first ones to start building these low bikes. Now if you want to race and be competetive you have to have one. On a bike like mine you get so much power off of your back. Its like doing leg presses in a leg press machine. And I have fallen asleep while riding. So I have a snooze button LOL........................

If only the snow would melt so I could get out and ride..............

elnatural

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: March 01, 2008 07:43PM

dude, the logo looks great and the guitar looks fantastic!

the bike is odd but I like it! hehe

keep me posted on your luthier projects, I look forward to more pictures (and maybe some sound?) in the future!!

Date: March 02, 2008 02:52AM

hey El

oh wow..u make HARPS too? love harps

makes sense that u took a class on it cuz i can't fathom how people can just be born to make guitars ... but then again, some people are...

oh.. i didn't think about that factor for guys riding bikes... now i'm wondering how lance armstrong rides a bike (LOL smiling smiley

and u can't fly over the handle bars... yeah. that is pretty scary

thankfully i never flew over the handle bars

bikes are such simple tools

but they are one of the MOST DANGEREUSE sports in the world

it doesn't take much to get swiped by a car
or like u said, hit something on the road and fly over the handle bars

so... i am really careful when i am riding my bike ( more than the average person)

but i like things closer to the ground

would make me feel safer

i may have to look into that...

it sounds like lots of fun too

i actually like walking instead of biking due to the risk factor alone

biggest problem i have is when people get out of their driveways without looking cuz they aren't expecting a bike

and it makes me nervous

anyways, you should see the film " The Red Violin"

it is a beautiful film and it is about people who make violins
and how it is passed from one person to another

i think you will like it

Date: March 02, 2008 03:38AM

La_veronique

Thanks for the film idea. I will try to find it.

We have 2 different bike paths here that are paved and not along any roads. They follow rivers, lakes, and go through very senic wilderness areas. One is an old railroad route. One is about 75 miles long and the other around 60. They are the only places I ride and are very safe. I dont have far to fall any way. My bike is called a low racer with the definition being you can put both hands on the ground at the same time. When I stop for water I get asked many questions.

elnatural

Date: March 02, 2008 02:56PM

lakes, rivers.. scenic wilderness areas
hmmm.... dreamy.... cool u can put both hands on the ground
i was thinking that maybe i ought to learn how to do an aerial flip and land on my feet in case i ever go over the handlebars smiling smiley

Date: March 04, 2008 06:34AM

Progress report:

All that's left to do on this electric guitar now is to install the pickups and frets. Problems: I don't have one of the pickups yet due to a shipping error and we need a special dremel bit for making the fret slots wider. Undetermined as to when I get these 2 items.

elnatural

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: March 04, 2008 11:42PM

cool
I'm sure you'll get it soon enough!

Date: March 07, 2008 05:00AM

I installed both pickups today and the frets.............
but 2 of the mini switches broke apart when tightening them up ;(
so they need to be replaced.
that plus string set up is all that's left to do
I dont know when I will get the new switches.

elnatural

Date: March 10, 2008 07:01AM

Friday we glued the harp sound board onto the back shell. We did it in a vacumm press. I will have harp pictures later this week when the trim and base get put on.
From what I'm told I am only the 4th in th world to be making 10 staved rounded back harps.

elnatural

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2008 07:03AM by elnatural_1.

Date: March 10, 2008 10:27AM

do u play the harp too?

i saw a re run episode of i love lucy at a friend's house a while back

it was harpo marx playing the harp

it was " take me out to the ball game"

i loved it

how he played it on a harp

i got such a kick out of it

harp harp harp

instrument of the angels

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables