Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

symbiotic process, thank you mother nature!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 24, 2008 02:35PM

i love how smart the body is. while i was nursing the small girl this morning i was thinking about how well designed we are in so many ways. babies instinctively root around for the breast right from birth, the suck reflex is there and very strong until around age 5. babies will often "kneed" the breast which increases milk flow. a babe will start nursing with increasing frequency a few days before a growth spurt to ensure an adequate supply of milk will be produced when they need it. a mother's body gathers all it needs to create the optimum food for a new human and delivers it fresh and warm in a soft, comforting package. while baby is nursing the pleasure centre in the brain is stimulated in both mama and babe ensuring bonding and continued nursing. it prevents dis-ease in the breast and uterus, cancer etc. breastfeeding can delay the onset of ovulation making for an extended period of time that mom can focus her attention on only one babe at a time. it can also delay the return of the sex drive for the same reason.
i love nursing and nourishing this small soul.

it's a mama~baby world over here my friends. i am in joyful heaven with this small girl.
thank you mother nature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2008 02:36PM by coco.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: symbiotic process, thank you mother nature!
Date: February 24, 2008 02:49PM

I know the joy you're talking about, because I nursed my three baby girls for ten years total, including tandem nursing.

And I have the pancakes to prove it smiling smiley

Date: February 24, 2008 10:39PM

I bet your little boy just loves his baby sister. From the photo I saw of him a while ago, he looks like a great kid. You're lucky, coco!

Date: February 24, 2008 10:51PM

"pancakes" ha ha! ya, mine are heading that way too i think. i was always so proud of my chestal area, it was certainly one of my best features post puberty. it's funny how much i don't even care about that kind of thing now. it's all about comfort and whatever helps me to be there for the kids and get our days moving. the physical things about myself that i used to dislike i see relfected in them and it makes those former "flaws" so dear. it's easier to love others when you love yourself i find. they make me love me more, that makes me love them more. symbiotic in more ways than one.

yes, little is a wonderful big brother. he is an absolutely fantastic young man. i adore these little ones, they are my joys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables