Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Would appreciate your creative suggestions
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 06, 2008 11:11PM

I've had a lot going on in my life. I need a vacation. I haven't had one in seven years. It's definitely time. I need help thinking of an interesting vacation to take, though. After seven years, I'd like something fun, adventurous and relaxing at the same time. I can take up to two weeks to do it.

I'm looking for something fun, unique and interesting, but nothing too active. Rest, relaxation, and peace and quiet are my goals. But I want to have some really interesting options to enjoy, too. Hikes, etc., I don't want anything in a big city. I live in downtown Big City and that's what I want to get away from! Camping at Yellowstone is one of my options, but I'd like something a little more different and unique.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would appreciate your creative suggestions
Posted by: jono ()
Date: March 07, 2008 01:14AM

Hawaii... do some snorkeling, hiking, mountain biking, surfing, jump off a waterfall... then have a mai tai, kick your feet up, and just listen to the waves...

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 07, 2008 01:24AM

I would have to agree... I've lived here for almost 8 years and my favorite vacation is always just a couple of days off of work. and it's a great place to travel raw too! If you get here before mid April you can still see tons (literally) of humpback whales too!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 07, 2008 03:06AM

simple living

u haven't had a vacation in SEVEN years?

get a one way ticket to lava -snorkel- hyacinths hawaii

and don't ever go back tongue sticking out smiley
( to work)

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 07, 2008 03:08AM

I would urge you to consider the environmental impact of your transportation, flying vs. driving. If it were me, I'd go someplace close.

I never actually took a vacation, except for when my sister got married the first time and I flew from Houston to Miami for that.

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 07, 2008 03:52AM

Hawaii is definitely a possibility. To be honest, the biggest draw to going to Hawaii would be to see Maui_Greg and maui_butterfly. That would be a bigger gift than seeing whales or anything else. They've both become dear to me here.

I've been to the big island before. I'm trying to remember when I was there. It was in the early 90's I believe. I was on the big island, along the Kalapana coast. It ended up being a hippie-type location, 45 minutes from the city, in the forest. I loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, that place was destroyed by a volcano eruption years ago. With Hawaii being so crowded - or so I hear - is there anywhere to do for some solitude in natural surroundings?

As for my ecological imprint, my friend arugula, I'm afraid that's not a concern for me, when I regard my vacation. I leave the smallest ecological footprint of anyone I know. (My electric bill last month was $.60!) I don't own a car. I don't use much modern technology, I recycle, and I don't own much of anything at all. The plane is flying with or without me, wherever I decide to go, so I don't see my being on a plane once in seven years as being irresponsible. There are times to be good to the environment and there are times to be good to yourself. This is the time for me.

I'd still love to hear more ideas!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 08, 2008 09:23PM

smiling smiley

Alaska, maybe. In the summertime. Or the California redwoods.

I'd want to go someplace wild.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2008 09:27PM by arugula.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 08, 2008 11:49PM

simple living

howdya get your electric bill to be 60 cents
that is groovy

Date: March 09, 2008 03:00AM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 10, 2008 06:49AM

The pacific northwest is a cool place. Between Oregon,Washigton,Idaho and Montana its life time adventure.

elnatural

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables