Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bates eye method to quit glasses
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2008 04:28AM

Today I read the Bates Eye Method for getting rid of glasses. Bad eyesite is caused almost 100% by stress. You must relax to see well. All of the eye exercises in the book are get you to relax. So I got rid of the reading glasses I was using. So if my typing is lacking for a while I'm in transition to natural site.

elnatura/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bates eye method to quit glasses
Posted by: samhein ()
Date: March 31, 2008 04:44AM

I would really like to know more about the Bates method. I wear glasses and my eyesight is getting to where it's hard to see this little type. I was looking online for different types of vision therapy, but all I saw was sites trying to make money. Didn't know which ones to believe or not.
Samhein

Date: March 31, 2008 04:52AM

Samhein

The Bates Method is for real. A very cheap book, and can be done at home. You must be prepaired though to toss your glaases and never use them again. Using them will prevent healing to occurr,

elnatural

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 31, 2008 05:14AM

the ffamous author aldous huxley who wrote brave new world went blind by the age of 18 and he was proficient in braille and used a white cane

he used the bates method of eye improvement and gained his sight

u can get it at the library

its a famous book

called " Bates Method of Eye Improvement"

written decades ago'

they have eye centers who use his method

and it seems to work well for most people

Date: March 31, 2008 01:55PM

thank you so much for the info. I am going to get the book and give it a try. My glasses give me headaches almost every day. My job requires that I read a lot of very small numbers on packages. Any idea how I can still do this and go through the Bates method if I toss my glasses?
Samhein smiling smiley

Date: March 31, 2008 04:33PM

samhein

Yes,pin hole glasses might be the answer, but people will think you have sun glasses on. Very quick results are possible though.

elnatural

Date: April 01, 2008 03:57PM

HI, just sent for my book of the Bates Method. Should be here in a few days. Can't wait to read it. Want to get rid of these glasses, and the headaches too.
Was just wondering how long it takes to see some improvement in vision.
Also, where do you get pin-hole glasses?
thanks,
Samhein

Date: April 01, 2008 05:42PM

Everyone is different. But many examples in the book of much better or cured within 15 minutes. Then again it can take months. Prepare for patience.

Pin hole glasses, look online

elnatural

Date: April 02, 2008 02:49AM

bates progress report

I can drive around fine - no problem.

For small type it needs to be close up with lots of light

Typing is slow and tedious.

elnatural

Date: April 02, 2008 04:20AM

elnatural,
Seems you are on a good start with the Bates Method. Can't wait for my book to come. It is all worth it!
Samhein

Date: April 10, 2008 08:28PM

samhein did you get your book yet?

When I do palming I think I see all black.

elnatural

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 18, 2008 04:50AM

I have heard of two methods to restore eyesight... one is sungazing

the other is faith based. It takes about 6 weeks, but a person just takes off thier glasses and just live thier life normally. Then in an instant the eyesight recovers. This happens to students of a course in miracles, which is a book.

Date: April 18, 2008 05:27AM

I'm not sure how long it's been now since I started this. I can read all sizes type but with a slight blur. Im starting to have what they call flashes of perfect sight.

elnatural

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 18, 2008 07:17AM

I know this... when a person has multiple personality disorder, thier eyesight changes. So eyesight is definitly a mental thing. Louis Hay says it comes from witnessing things we do not want to see as children. My father and others says it comes from living in cities, where the furthest thing you see, is the building accross the street. Others say it has to do with diet... some say it is from not getting enough sun in the eyes.

I know I had perfect eyesight until grade 3... the same year I started having trouble in school. It changed from better than 2020 to -2.25 in each eye... both eyes exactly the same.

I have read about how some peoples eyesight was so good they could see the moons going around the planets with the bare eyes.

Date: April 18, 2008 04:50PM

<<I have read about how some peoples eyesight was so good they could see the moons going around the planets with the bare eyes.>>

hmmm... would save a lot of money on high powered telescopes, that's for sure LOL smiling smiley

yes that is true ... sybil had different eye vision when her personality changed

and it is true that trauma also causes occular changes... it is interesting ... really

it just reinforces the notion that mind and body are ONE

Date: April 19, 2008 03:19AM

hi, just got my book a couple days ago.I've just started reading it. I tried the palming. I do see mostly black but also some color. I also just picked up a sleep mask. All black. There is some light in my room at night and I wanted to cut it all out. It said your eyes relax the most in complete blackness.

Will keep you posted.

samhein

Date: April 19, 2008 04:22AM

Samhein
The room I sleep in now is as black as can be. Usualy I can see in the dark but not a thing in this room. But I loose a sense of time in there. I dont where a watch and I usually know the time plus or minus 10 + or - 15 minutes.
elnatural

Date: April 19, 2008 01:50PM

i used to need a totally black and silent room to sleep in (before children) but i always had a hard time waking up and no exposure to natural moon light messed with my cycle too. now i sleep in a room that faces a field so no streetlight comes in and it is often very bright due to the moon. i don't think i can do the dark room thing unless i set up a nightlight on bright moon nights and put a lamp on a timer to turn on as the sky is getting light. when i do close the curtains in my room i sleep much later and wake up feeling groggy. i'd have to omit that step in this program i'm afraid.

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: April 19, 2008 09:26PM

[www.visionimprovementsite.com]

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Date: April 19, 2008 10:54PM

Hi Terri -- are you still on the no nightshade, no citrus diet? I just started recently.

Where we live, the moonlight comes in the skylights and the windows. And when it's a full moon, it shines in my balcony window and right on me and wakes me up in the middle of the night -- I think it's morning because it's so light. I love it ! Sleeping with the moonlight on you is very healthy. Tomorrow's the full moon.

Date: April 21, 2008 06:44AM

hi all

sleeping with the moonlight?

very intriguing

u always hear about sunlight sunlight sunlight

and its effect on the brain/body etc

but not much about moonlight

what gives?

whats so special sleeping with the moonlight?

Date: April 21, 2008 01:09PM

it regulates your cycle, it's pretty cool. have you read the book still life with woodpecker by tom robbins? it's a great read as a novel and has some funky interpretations of moonlight cycle regulation too.

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: April 21, 2008 03:47PM

I read Still Life with Woodpecker...looong time ago!

Man, I need some carrot juice.

Stress and not enough sleep definitely affect my vision.

Nap time.

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Date: April 23, 2008 11:29PM

good luck with your bates!!!!

Posted by: sweetpea ()
Date: April 26, 2008 10:58AM

I was having problems with my vision just over a year ago and I really thought I was going to have to get glasses. I persevered and took rest of my pc, did palming, adjusted my diet to eat less fat and liver taxing foods. Increased blueberries and supplements and ate lots of kale, spinach etc for the luteins. I'm doing much better now, I still have to monitor how much time I spend on my pc and tv but it really showed me that eyesight can be corrected with patience, love and looking at the diet.

[www.rawlifestyle.co.uk]
Recipes, ebooks, diary

Date: April 26, 2008 04:12PM

Working still on the Bates method. Doing my palming and working on the "black".
I am now at the point where I can read my Bates book without my glasses. The words are still a little blurry, but I can make them out. A couple weeks ago I couldn't read them at all.The page was one big blur.

The fact that I still need my glasses at work may be slowing me down a bit, But I am very optimistic that in the end I will eventually get rid of them. I did look into the pinhole glasses, but the price is a little too steep right now. Soon I hope.

Date: April 26, 2008 04:50PM

from Walkers book - heres a juice formula for the eyes.

carrot,celery,parsely, endive

elnatural

Date: April 26, 2008 07:25PM

reading outside in bright sunlight helps.

elnatural

Date: April 26, 2008 08:44PM

thanks for the juice formula. Also sounds good. I do drink a lot of carrot juice now. will add the rest to it.
I was reading outside when I could see the words without my glasses. The sunlight does help a lot. Inside I can see the pc screen words with a light on top of it. I made sure to rest my eyes between times too.

Date: April 28, 2008 08:18PM

from brian clement

Using a slant board for 15 to 30 minutes a day helps get blood to the eyes. You can read whill on it.

elnatural

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables