Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

first ride for tthis year
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 03, 2008 07:16PM

Today was my first long awaited bike ride for this year. It wa chilly at first but quckly warmed up to the ocasion. I tested some winter changes to my bike. My seat back is at a 30 degree angle and my head refuses to be tiltled back like that even if it's firmly on a head rest. So I fixed the seat so my head is at a natural vertical position. That worked very well. I also have a tail fairing cargo box added that ran quite and not like a drum from vibrations. Now I can go on very long all weather self sustained rides. Pictures will be posted soon.

see you out on the bike trails

elnatural

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: first ride for tthis year
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 03, 2008 07:21PM

<< I also have a tail fairing cargo box added that ran quite and not like a drum from vibrations. Now I can go on very long all weather self sustained rides>>>

can u explicate more on the tail faring cargo box? is that just a receptacle that is very well contained so its like a drum?

curious

Date: April 03, 2008 07:55PM

La-Veronique

Pictures will explain it, please be patient.

elnatural

Date: April 03, 2008 09:04PM

La_veronique

[www.greenlivingoasis.com]

Fairings are made out of fiberglass and can be very noisy especialy when inside of them. They amplyfy all noises. Mine is in the prototype stage so it's very thin ply wood. The top cone is a foam mold for a fiberglass part. The water tank will be inside of it. The final version will be more rounded looking. The rear wheel now needs to be enlcosed to keep cargo out of the spokes and or falling on the ground.

hope that helps explain it.

elnatural

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2008 09:08PM by elnatural_1.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 03, 2008 10:21PM

Man that is a cool bike. I like that box. Is it harder to pedal in that position or easier? Uphill?

Date: April 04, 2008 12:52AM

PFF

This bike like you is packed for fun. Extreemly comfortable, easy to pedal, and fast.

Going up hills the angle of the hill adds to the seat angle so you can be very leaned back on steep sections. Otherwise going up hills is no trouble just like on the flats. Down hill nothing is faster.

We may make carbon fiber frames for sell. That would include the frame with seat and tail fairing all in one piece, fork and the 2 chain idlers.

elnatural

Date: April 05, 2008 02:16PM

I would love to try it.

Date: April 05, 2008 09:48PM

pff

You can go to [www.bentrideronline.com] . Put a message on the right discusion board asking if any one has a lowracer for test in your area.

Or if you are ever in this area you can try mine.

elnatural

Date: April 05, 2008 10:36PM

thanks. i might do that. what neck of the woods are you in?

Date: April 05, 2008 11:17PM

You may laugh and think I'm joking but I live in an area called Sherwood Forest. That's the woods I am in.

Spokane, WA area.

elnatural

Date: April 06, 2008 02:35PM

LOL!! I wish I could make it up there to try out your bike. Hey, you never know, right. I asked about riding on hills out of curiousity. We don't have any around here. I love seeing the things you make. Te guitar is fine. Thanks for posting the pics.

Date: April 07, 2008 08:19AM

geeez

el natural

what CAN'T u make?

the bike is coolness exemplified smiling smiley

wowwww! looks like FUN!

Date: April 07, 2008 05:44PM

what CAN'T u make?

As can be seen I have been given a due amount of talents.

I need to stay humble about it.

the answer though is who knows?

in the works:
parts of an electric violin made

I have developed a better juice press. The main working parts are done and tested.
They work great. Puts the K&K, peoples press and norkwalk to shame. I just have to make a frame. Would like to make a new better grinder for the press.

electric celo and conga drums should get done this year too.

so I stay quite busy. Lots of good targets to shoot at.

elnatural

Date: April 07, 2008 05:48PM

Ny daughter played Violin at a nusing home last month. Her teacher and another student played a duet with matching electric violins. They were crazy looking. Like a wicked skeleton of a violin in bright colors.

I can't wait to see yours. Do you play violin? What instruments do you play?

Date: April 07, 2008 06:16PM

I had a feeling some one would want to know what my ev will look like. I dont like those skeloton ones at all. I have saved just about every ev picture there is. Later I will post the pattern I have made with some of the wood.

I play accousitic guitar, electric guitar, silver flute, and bamboo flutes. Will learn harp some time. Tonga and conga drums should be easy to learn. Current harp being made is Bubinga but I want one out of Koa or Rosewood for myself for the tone qualities.

elnatural

Date: April 07, 2008 08:02PM

PFF

Years ago I was thinking about going to a violin making school in Utah. So to test my apptittude and have something to show for the entry exam I designed and made 2 identical dulcimers with a violin look them. I just posted a picture.

Now I'm back at violins again. Out of the box though like everything I do! I am going to use different woods. The violin industry is 100% stuck in using maple for backs and sides. I will use bubinga, mahogany, koa, rosewood and other noted tone woods. I am going to make the back and sides in one piece and not bend them. It will be routed out with a router. I few weeks back a got a report of some one who made them like that or is making them like that with exceptional results. The ev template needs some sanding yet to get it smooth. You can see the shape though.

elnatural

Date: April 07, 2008 08:54PM

I didn't like those ev's they had. The look. I was really impressed with the sound either.

We have a dulcimer too. I will look for your pic. My husband and daughter play around with it. My husband's uncle plays it beautifully. He is in his eighties and picked it up a few years ago.

Date: April 07, 2008 08:56PM

I love that dulcimer. It is really beautiful.

Date: April 08, 2008 06:15AM

when did they come out with ev?

El... will your juice press be able to press FRUITS without taking forever and sloshing up the machine?

i guess that is what juice presses are good for, huh?

centrifugals don't do fruits

and neither does my greenstar

wonder if a presser will

can it do HUGE batches of fruit ( even mushy fruit like ripe peaches)
without getting all sloshy?

i never got a presser

cuz i heard they were REALLY pricey

Date: April 08, 2008 04:28PM

La_Veronique

The extent of my fruit pressing to date is to put apples in green juice. I have had this press for a few years now so that shows my fruit juice diet.

I dont see any problem in juicing large amounts of fruits but I will test it anyway.

Send me some fruits to test ok smiling smiley

elnatural

Date: April 10, 2008 08:10AM

here ya go

some ripe deelish berries for u!

Date: April 10, 2008 10:52AM

and on the way home I was thinking I didnt get a single berry to juice.

elnatural

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables