Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone use the Physician's Formula Makeup line ORGANIC Wear?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:19PM

I just bought some Physician's Formula Makeup line Organic Wear (It's on sale at Target) today. Does anyone else use it? I checked the website and it's supposed to be organic, not tested on animals, etc. I was wondering if anyone else used it and your opinion of it.

Thanks.
Kathy (I'm brand new here!) Just started Raw food diet a week ago. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these forums. I have learned so much! Thanks everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone use the Physician's Formula Makeup line ORGANIC Wear?
Posted by: samhein ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:32PM

hi, yes I use the physicians formula brand. I really love it. Not sticky,but acvtually a little dry. And very easy to get off too. No face breakouts and has a pleasant scent. How's that? I only use organic make-ups and face cleaners. Plus bath products
I recently received an email stating which "natural" products actually contain a by product of gasoline. If I can find it, I will post it. Really grossed me out. But the physicians formula was not on the list that contained it. Beware though, I do remember that the "Kiss" products did contain gasoline product.

Debbie

Date: April 10, 2008 09:49PM

Hi Debbie,

Wow, thanks for the info about the products with gasoline. I would love to see the link if you can find it. I thought the Kiss products were good and I almost bought a body wash the other day, but figured I should use up what I had first. It's some cheap stuff. I, too, am turning to all organic products in makeup, even tampons, cleaning supplies, etc. I am trying the vinegar and baking soda for cleaning and really like it. I want so much to eliminate as many toxins from my life as possible. I have fibromyalgia and I truly believe eating raw and eliminating toxins will be the only thing that gets me through it.

Thanks for your reply.

Kathy

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: April 10, 2008 11:47PM

make-up
hm
haven't worn that in years
maybe i should look into it now though....

it has been years.... and they have been rough.....

how do people keep make-up on? i eat my lipstick off in five minutes, i smear my mascara in two, and foundation makes me feel hot and dirty. what's with that? nail-polish makes me breath more and sweat.

maybe i should try organic...

peace-

Date: April 11, 2008 02:43AM

Yes, I would definitly try the organic makeups. They don't have the heaviness that the others do. And of course none of the preservatives and tons of chemicals. These are the things that make it so heavy feeling.

When I wear the physicians formula, it feels like I don't even have it on. Also, they have the powder foundations too. But summer is coming and being outside, you skin can get a little color and you won't need it at all. Finger nail polish should only be worn on special occassions. The moon area of your nail needs to breathe. Natural mascaras are hard to find. But, I think they make one too. As for the lipstick. Most of the naturals do come off easily. It's again the chemicals in the other ones that make them last. But have you ever eaten fruit, like berries, that turned you lips color? Raspberries, blackberries and a few of the others make nice lip color. so do it on purpose!. And you know how hard it is to get that color off your skin....lol Experiment a little....
Debbie

Date: April 11, 2008 02:53AM

this is the address that was in my browser when I opened the page to the gasoline by-product in some organic skin care. Hope you can open it.

[organicconsumers.org]

Debbie

Date: April 11, 2008 03:28AM

ok the link works

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2008 03:54AM

natural mascara called
mineral fusion
(made with minerals)

i have one
wear it on occasion
i like it smiling smiley

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 17, 2008 06:38PM

Zea Maze: Corn Starch is the third ingredient listed. I personally will not use anything with starch in it because from what I understand, the bacteria on my face feeds on that stuff... meaning blemishes and more trouble than its worth... I think a decent replacement would be a makeup that uses bentonite clay in place of corn starch. Those ingredients are added for the same purpose, but clay will actually balance you out through the day and absorb the oil. When your face starts looking oily, wash off the makeup, and the oil is gone, or put another layer of clay based makeup on, if need be, until you can remove it. A product with corn starch will absorb oil also, but not absolutely, and not without aggravating any bacteria infected spots that one might have. So far I have come up with Larenim . . . don't have time to search, but hopefully someone will and let us know if you find another brand that uses clay as an active ingredient

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 17, 2008 06:49PM

[www.larenim.com]

there is the site... dont know how to make it a link. smiling smiley

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 17, 2008 08:55PM

i use bare essentuals mineral sometimes but i`m usually just a mascara girl

Date: July 18, 2008 01:30AM

Mama Cass -- you and your baby are beautiful together -- without makeup!

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: August 01, 2008 06:36PM

The best make-up can't be applied. It comes from the inside out - glowing skin from radiant foods and a twinkle in the eye. I gave it up years ago and it was very freeing for me. For one thing, I don't have to bother with it. Also, I have come to accept my previously percieved imperfections and came to a realization that there are no imperfections. We are all unique and beautiful. There is nothing to enhance or cover up. Just my 2 cents. smiling smiley

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 01, 2008 06:40PM

amen joanne...although i do wear mascara to work to make the bluegreen in my eyes "POP"
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables