Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Courtney's Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Posted by: HealthyMeWannabe ()
Date: September 30, 2012 09:18PM

Today I did it. I took the plunge. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought a ton of fruits and veggies to begin my lifestyle change. Guess what? I am now vegan!

Breakfast this morning was a huge smoothie with 2 bananas, a peach (took the fuzzy skin off), 6 strawberries, and two handfuls of raspberries. I blended it with some crushed ice and it was quite good! For lunch my husband wanted to go out. We ended up at Red Robin, so I opted for the Boca vegan burger with tomatoes, lettuce, zucchini, and onions. I drank water wth my meal. And tonight when I get home from church I'm going to experiment with a green smoothie. I'm looking forward to it!

So here I begin my experience with vegan food. I plan to become 100% raw if possible. But for now, I will begin with saying goodbye to meat, eggs, and dairy. I know I can do this. It's best for the environment, best for the animals, and best for me.

Courtney
I switched to a vegan lifestyle on September 30, 2012 to get healthy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Courtney's Raw Vegan Lifestyle
Date: October 01, 2012 11:45PM

Today was another successful day for me! Breakfast was another green smoothie (just like the one I made last night). During the day I ate a wide variety of fruit. I had a banana, an apple, blueberries, a plum, and for dinner tonight I had homemade guacamole on corn chips. (Yes, I know the corn chips aren't raw but they needed to be eaten before they went stale.) Is there a recipe for raw corn chips? Or something to have with guacamole? I will have to look into that.

I feel perfectly satisfied. I am not overly stuffed but am not hungry at all. When my stomach begins to grumble, I grab some fruit and dig in. And I don't have to worry about snacking because it's healthy!

Courtney

Date: October 02, 2012 09:35AM

Morning folks! I wanted to post a picture of the green smoothie I had for breakfast yesterday.

And here's this morning's breakfast concostion of strawberries, blueberries, banana, peach, and kiwi. It's really yummy!

Courtney

Date: October 03, 2012 02:10PM

Morning folks!

Well I am on Day 4 of the new way of eating. I know my body is detoxing right now. Even so, I am feeling better. My stomach ulcer does not hurt as bad today as it did on Saturday. This may be TMI for some, but I am having less issues with my IBS now too! I took a peek at the scale today and the number is lower than it was on Sunday. (I only update my weight ticker on Sundays.) Yesterday I spent my lunch hour walking in the parking lot at work and ate when I got back to my desk.

It's really nice that my office provides fresh fruit to us daily! That is a great benefit here! I took home 2 bunches of bananas last night.

I think my tastebuds are changing too. Last night my husband had a glass of Orange soda. I love the stuff and took one sip. But you know something? It tasted nasty! I spit it in the sink and didn't even swallow it. That's progress for me!

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 07, 2012 03:18AM

This is so inspiring! I am transitioning as well. I have been all fish for a long time, but no gluten, no dairy and only fish.

However, I feel bloated sometimes when I eat too much fruit.

Do you ever get this feeling with the transition?

Keep up the hard work, you are doing awesome!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables