Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
T!ff@ny's Raw Journey
Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 15, 2007 03:36PM

Greetings & Namaste!
I started my Raw diet on monday June 4 2007. I have been mostly raw, about 90%. I have been taking some supplements like bee pollen,brewers yeast, echinacea tincture, ect. Eating olive oil & ACV salad dressings, I have coffee & tea on occasion ect.

I started this coming from a completely SAD diet. I did a 7 day lemonade fast about a month ago, and have fasted several times before, went raw for 7 days, & quit smoking twice for 9 months. I have had 4 c-sections, I am a mother, I work part time, I dont exersise, I have bad teeth problems and a low thyroid(hypothyroidism).

My starting weight was 216, and I currently weigh 211. I am 5"1 and have a medium stocky bone structure..I am half german & half Irish lol.

My main problems at this point are my teeth HURT!!!! *sobs* I have to wait 3 months to see a dentist too.. I am sick with a bad cold & its my moon time..
I guess i should have prepared better.. But I am doing pretty well. I went to a concert at 5 days into my raw diet, I ended up drinking beer & eating a burro from taco hell sad smiley The only other time i have went off is eating hummus twice LOL. I am eating all raw but my tea/coffee & supplements are not. I am not aiming for 100%, because for me, this is the best I can give right now. I need my supplements & my herbal teas, and I personally dont think i will ever give them up lol.

I believe everyone should choose what is right for themselves, and listen to thier own bodies. It is great to get advice from others who have done this diet before, but we are all different and will have different results. Thats just my humble opinion. But anyhoo..this is quite enough for a personal introduction..
thank you for reading & I will be back to post often!!
Blessings & light~ Tiffany

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: T!ff@ny's Raw Journey
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:32AM

Hey there...well glad to have you joining us on the raw diary from the 7 week challenge..you are doing really well!!! keep up the awesome job...and don't worry i went into it without any knwoing of it and my experience so far is positive!!! keep up the good work hun!!!
still envious of that concert you went to haha
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 16, 2007 03:28PM

Hi!! Thank you so much for the encouragement, it means alot to me!!
I wish you could have gone to the concert with me lol, I wouldnt have drank as much and then I wouldnt have had to have a burrito before driving home LOL. Next time I will warn you, and you can fly here or take a bus!! haha!!

I will post later on about how im doing..

Date: June 17, 2007 09:15AM

tongue sticking out smiley i am there....i would of been so excited to go to the concert..that sounded like so much fun!!! and yes i wouldn't of let you eat the burrito haha..or as many drinks..but hey we live and learn!!
take care and keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 17, 2007 01:52PM

Good morning! I just got home from work.. I had a rough night last night. My teeth have been hurting something fierce so I decided to go to the ER this morning and get a script for pain meds and some antibiotics, this should help me survive until i can get in with a dentist! I don't have i8nsurance yet, my insurance from work doesn't kick in for another two months or so..

Well another thing is I had quit smoking yesterday.. but the pain from my teeth got so unbearable i caved in and bought another pack. sad smiley Well I am STILL going to quit, as soon as I finish this pack, hopefully my pain will be gone or tolerable and i wont "need" the smokes to counter my pain & stress. I am determined to quit, so i am not worried, just a small set-back is all.

My diet has still been good!

I ate alike 3 salads yesterday, nuts & fruit, grapes, oranges & banana

One thing ive been meaning to do is start making fresh juices, but i find myself being lazy and procrastinating. I know the juices will help me cleanse faster so i really need to work on making them at least every other day.

Date: June 17, 2007 07:27PM

Hey there Tiffany...well good for you...that is a good thing..if you needed to get some pain meds to get through the initial pain that is fine!! you are doing so well..pushing through the pain and sticking with raw and really trying to transform yourself!! that is awesome!!! congrats hun...you are so happy and positive about the changes you are making and really trying even though you have some things that make it tougher to stick with it!!
and good for you for quiting ...smoking is an intense thing...and no matter how long you have quit for you always have that urge just one you know/?? especially when someone else is smoking...oh well you will do it!! i know you can!!!!
keep up the fantastic work hun...i am soo proud of you really getting through this initial start and really changing your eating and everything for a happier healthier you!!
that is awesome awesome
keep it up
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Elakti ()
Date: June 18, 2007 06:03PM

Hi there! Good for you with the salad and fruits! Good food. I just love them both, but trying to cut back with the fat on my salads...that is a bit of a challenge, but I am doing it. I was eating my salads with fatty dressings, whole avocado, olives galore. I miss them (they were like salad SOUPS!) a bit, but am adjusting, finding alternative flavor delights for my salads. I love lettuces and tomatoes. And I notice cucumbers are tasting better these days.

Oh, how I sympathize with the dental pain. That's the worst. Hope you are feeling better. Hope it subsides at least long enough for your insurance. Good luck with it.

Keep on keeping on!
Elakti

Date: June 19, 2007 09:04AM

hey sweetie..hope your day is going well..just wanted to stop in and say hello and let you know i was thinking of ya and hoping all is well!!!
take care and have a great night and day love
love earthangel
xxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 19, 2007 07:08PM

Hello! Thank you both for the words of encouragement!! I am doing better.. I worked again last night, and by the time I got home I wasn't feeling to well. The meds are making me sick lol.. But I slept a few hours and ate a banana & more salad and i'm feeling great smiling smiley I think I need more rest right now, since Im trying to heal.. I am off work for the next 4 nights so all should be really great after all that rest!!

Date: June 19, 2007 09:13PM

I just found this great link about bananas!!

[www.vitalhealthnews.org]

Date: June 20, 2007 10:21AM

hey there..good the next 4 nights off that will be wonderful and you will turn out wonderful and rested!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 21, 2007 07:39PM

Hello!! I am feeling better finally, I am taking less and less pain pills so I believe the nasty antibiotics are doing thier job. I am sleeping alot and not all that hungry but eating good still. I am going shopping today to get some new fruits & veggies.
I saw these videos by david wolfe (staying juicy) from what he says, we shouldn't be eating so many fruits and its very important for us to juice fresh veggies.. I had a feeling that i needed to be juicing lol. And food combining seems to be pretty important in order to maintain balance.. I was laughing and saying why does everything have to be so difficult?? lol winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2007 07:40PM by myst1kst0rm.

Date: June 23, 2007 07:00AM

hey there ...just stopping by to say hello and see how things are going!! i hope all is well in your area!! good luck and keep up the good work
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 25, 2007 07:40PM

Hello!! Ive been doing good with my eating.. I went camping and survived my first really bad cravings for sad food lol. I only ate about 5 berry crisps natures made organic! I did have a glass of strawberry wine and a glass of meade, but I stayed eating raw the whole time!

Today makes 3 weeks of raw for me, I have lost 14 pounds so far and im feeling really weel. I am off the antibiotics and I need to start introducing the probiotics now. I had some pickes the past 2 days and my intestines have been gassy.. I am betting I cant handle fermented foods at this time.

I quit smoking yesterday, I am down to smoking one clove a day or if i get really stressed out and the cravings are out of control. Last night I conquored some major cravings and got through it without smoking anything. I am serious about being smoke free for the rest of my life..

Date: June 26, 2007 06:33AM

hey there..yay you for tackling the camping trip and for also getting through this whole smoking thing!! that is really hard i know....but good for you to do it and really try and want to make a difference in your life you knwo??
oh what is meade???
well keep up the good work..
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 27, 2007 07:01PM

Hey everyone! I'm doing pretty well still..the cloves are starting to make me ill, which is a good thing! I feel a craving, light up and BLECH! roflmao so my desire to smoke is getting less and less.. I think i have only 4 cloves left!! yay!! I used to love them soo much, they so smell good and leave a sweet taste on your lips.. but..UGH not reccomended for regular smoking LOL

cashews,mixed nuts & raisins
2 cups spring greens mix w/ pods & broccoli
1 cup of soymilk,(organic,plain) & 1/2 cup coffee tongue sticking out smiley
bananna
2 cups of cherries
AM-brekkie
-------
red grapes
bananna
slice ezekiel w/ almond butter & honey
more coffee & soymilk

OK I think ive noticed a definite trend going on, I am more dehydrated, less hungry and ive stopped losing weight since i started back on the coffee..I think after I finish this cup here im quitting that too exept for an occasional treat!!!

~ Tiffany

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..

Date: June 28, 2007 07:38AM

Hey hun.yay for you doing so well and quiting smoking...i remember i went raw and i instantly stopped..but i went 100% overnight so that probably did it too...my mom is quiting right now too and she is doing so amazing with it as well! she is only having like 2 a day or something...ooh i used to love cloves too!!!
hmm anyways...keep up the good work
takecare
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 29, 2007 02:54AM

Hey everyone smiling smiley everything is going well with me. I had a good day, went swimming, cashed my check, went shopping, played at the park with the kids..came home and went swimming again LOL. And ive had NO cigarettes all day!! The fact of the matter is I am not even craving any really..weird lol
One thing that happened today was i went into greenbriar fitness center today and told them that ive been wanting to join but havent got the money up yet, told them I quit smoking and have been 90% raw for almost a month now. They told me they will waive my joining fee of 50$!!! All I have to pay is the 40$ monthly fee.. which is awesome!! The best part of all?? Is they are RAW Foodists too!!! grinning smiley I cant believe it lol, talk about synchronicity!! It is a husband & wife who run the place..their kids are raw too!! I am soo exited lol!! I SO want to be around other raw foodies smiling smiley

last 24 hrs menu
----------------
1/2 a cantalope..shared with my son
cherries
3 clementines
spring veggie mix salad
2-3 cocnut date rolls
srawberries,pineapple,cantalope,honeydew,grapes-at the park
pineapple juice
2 cups spring veggie mix salad
1 flat peach
a few goji berries
a couple figs

oh and also i quit coffee because it was messing with my appetite and making me feel sick a bit.. I never drank that last cup I had made lol

~ Tiffany

Date: June 29, 2007 06:28PM

hey dear yay you!!! yay for going into the fitness center and for them waiving your fee...how awesome is that!!!!
congrats my dear....and you are doing so good no cigarettes that is FANTASTIC i am sooo proud of yoU!! keep up the amazing job you are doing
love ya
sach
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: July 04, 2007 08:03AM

Well im definitely officially a non-smoker!! i havent had any smokes in over a week!! Im still doing ok on raw..I had some bad experiences with making raw hummus so I decided to buy a can of vegitarian refried beans.. I made homemade salasa:
tomato,green&red onion,garlic,cumin,cilantro,limes,sea salt, acv, jalepenos, & avocado.. I made tacos out of romaine leaves and..OMG!! SO yummy lol
I wish I could find a way to sprout beans without them going foul?

But anyway..ever since i quit smoking..i gained weight, lost some and now im in a stasis.. I wonder why im no longer losing weight??? sad smiley

~ Tiffany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2007 08:05AM by myst1kst0rm.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 04, 2007 04:18PM

I know about the tooth pain..... It seems all my molars are rotten I can't afford a dentist. Since I have been rawfor these two weeks it seems there is no pain but the teeth are so frgile and bad that I have to be careful of what I eat. I still am struggling with the smoking though. I can't seem to shake it but I have to admitt I need to push myself more on it and just let go. You are so fortunate to find a gym with raw foodist in it I am out here in the country and I don't know a soul wo eats raw foods. I have lost 25 pounds so far and have a long ways to go for weight loss. I think the great thing is about raw foods is I feel lighter and that counts a lot, I feel as if I can do anything since I have been eating raw. Keep up the good eating and keep learning, you are doing great
pam

Date: July 08, 2007 11:07PM

Hello..i havent been here to post in awhile but im still going lol. I had some tater tots last night and UGHHH LOL they made me feel horrid for hours blech!
I smoked some cigs while attending some wedding parties but im back on track now.. I sent a message to angela stokes and she actually replied to me lol. She sent me a great link on raw..

[blog.myspace.com]

But anyway I sent that link to all my friends to help them better understand why i am Raw.
Angela told me I needed to start some colonics and do raw green juices every day! I knew that last part..well actually both Ive been considering, now i am positive its what ive been neeeding. So.. thats whats next on my goal list is to start juicing daily and drag out my enema bag LOL smiling smiley

~ Tiffany

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2007 11:07PM by myst1kst0rm.

Date: July 16, 2007 12:23AM

ok im still around..still doing raw..BUT i started my period and im eating some cooked now. i hope it isnt always liek this.. ive never really craved cooked until now. Im eating still about 85% raw but I want to go back to 95%
I started smokign again too..im stressed about job situation at home and some other things and i started smoking again sad smiley Raw is the only thing giving me hope these days.. I just need to get back on track!!

~ Tiffany

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: July 16, 2007 02:07AM

85% raw is still great! Good for you. When I fall off the wagon I usually do a lot worse than that. I hope you can get back on track soon though, so you can feel better.

Posted by: jonesy8844 ()
Date: July 18, 2007 03:55AM

Green juice with ginger and an fruit you want. The combination of the ginger and green usually helps me with my monthly craving

K - good luck

Date: July 18, 2007 08:17PM

Thank you!! I am just trying to go with the flow.. it has been so easy for me to transition to raw comparative to most people so i guess its time for me to eat a bit more cooked as well. Also were having financial problems and there isnt alot of food to eat lol but ive still got greens and melons lol grinning smiley Thanks for the support y'all!!

~ Tiffany

Date: July 18, 2007 08:58PM

A raw food diet can be expensive, I agree. I think some people do well on the Hallelujah Diet where they eat raw all day except for some fairly healthy cooked food for their last meal of the day. Maybe that is kind of what you are doing right now with your 85% raw diet.

Date: July 27, 2007 11:40PM

Well.. I ended up going downhill pretty bad. Stress from work and financial problems didnt help but my willpower flew out the window. I started eating fries,chips and burritos.. and just craving more and more cooked lol. And I felt myself coming down from the wonderful glow and energy high that id come used to. Now ive been sick the past two days, vomiting and major headaches. I know that raw is the way for me.. and Im not going to beat myself up for sliding.. what does that serve? Im back and im dedicated, even if there are bumps in the road or mountains to climb. Thanks again for making this forum for us..

~ Tiffany

Date: July 30, 2007 03:01PM

We all do it, it is such a tough addiction to kick. It is also always such a learning experience, isn't it, when we go back to eating the S.A.D.? When I slipped up in the past, I always felt so-o-o guilty - but you're right, what good does that do?

I hope you are starting to feel better now and are past the vomiting and headaches. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 02, 2007 06:22PM

Hi Tiffany,

I've been on this board for about a month and just now ventured into the journal section. We have a lot in common regarding where we are and where we are going. I started with the MC on June 1 and then went raw afterwards. Talk about unprepared. I had never even heard of the raw food diet. I just stumbled onto it while researching the MC which a girlfriend had told me about. I am 5'2, 47 years old and did weigh 213 lbs. I lost down to 163 lbs with Weight Watchers before going raw. Right now I am 150...My first goal is to be healthy, and I'd love to be down around 110lbs. I started a journal section today because I've been vascillating all over the place with this raw food thing. I really want it to be a lifestyle and not a diet. Congrats on not giving up. You're certainly not on this journey alone!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables