Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

~!~ Discovering Myself.... ~!~
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:21AM

Hello everyone....
This is my journey back to the top! I've suffered eating disorders ( I'm currently fighting binge eating, though I have been anorexic and bulimic) and this has made me really depressed so I had to cope with a period of self-harming too. It was difficult but now I only suffer mild depression. However, I am having a problem with my weight and need to lose about 30lbs. I'm also looking for increased energy of course and I'd be nice to not have to sleep as much.
I'm going to go 100% and am hoping to improve both my exercise and study habits too!!! ( they need it!!!)
It's going to be my first day tomorrow....I'll tell you how it goes!( and I'll try not to b*t*h to much about cravings!! I'm a TERRIBLE lolly addict!)
Can't wait to see me in a couple of months!
Here goes!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ~!~ Discovering Myself.... ~!~
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 17, 2007 08:26AM

Hey there..welcome to the diary section...and congrats on your new raw journey!!! it is really great.....I hope and wish you all the best...we are all here to support you on this journey!!!
take care and good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxooxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 17, 2007 04:58PM

WElcome, and good luck! I'm also fighting some food addictions, but doing better the last 2 weeks. Still not 100% raw though, but because it's summer, am enjoying all the summer fruits!

Love,
Prism

Date: June 17, 2007 07:14PM

hey there how was your day?? just stopping by to say hello and wish you lots of good luck and happiness smiling smiley
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 18, 2007 06:03AM

Thank you for posting! Your support is great and appreciated!
Must admit, the first day of any new eating programme is never easy.
Am pleased to say though that I didn't give in to emotional eating. Had a bad argument and a pretty stressful day so normally that would've made me cave ( not to mention I'm still living at home so there's always a lot of temptation- today's lot including Turkish delight chocolate and hot chocolate which was SOOOO tempting coz it was such a freezing cold day today!).
Ate apples and carrots. Yummy yummy yummy.....
Am still dealing with cravings a lot though. Discussion about Subway's and burgers got my mouthing watering today! And I don't even LIKE burgers...lol...Wasn't much of a meat eater before this anyway.
And then I was reading a story and the guy in it kept eating oysters....and THAT got my stomahch growling. I LOVE seafood and we had oysters and chips for dinner the other night so the smell was still fresh in my mind (ok, well I didn't eat any the other night coz I was keeping the scales in mind but I still remember how they smell...*sigh*)

And just on a random note, I remembered one of my dreams last night. All I remember was being a ballerina and I haven't done ballet in nearly 10 years, though I've always regretted quitting. I remember feeling pretty and weighless coz I was so much thinner and I was really excited because I was about to perform.
SIGH! Id only......Even if I drop 30lbs, I'm still going to have two left feet...lol...

Date: June 18, 2007 07:52AM

Hey there...good job today keep your food raw!! awesome awesome!!! you are doing so great..keeping your cravings and thoughts down....keep up the good work!!
have a great day
love earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 18, 2007 11:28PM

i ruined it...last night and today....I'm having a bad day and everything is upsetting me....

Posted by: green gal ()
Date: June 18, 2007 11:41PM

Hey!
Nothing is ruined. Of course this isn't easy, you're working with who knows how much conditioning and how many habits? Just breathe deep. Having upset feelings is fine. and remind yourself that YOU are in charge and...it takes exactally ONE moment to change. for real.
best of luck. be well beautiful! (also, I definately have two left feet, and I'M a dancer, don't see why you can't be one too!)

Date: June 19, 2007 08:52AM

hey there hun...don't worry about things..you didn't ruin anything..you only encountered a detour on the main road you are traveling in the journey!!! you never ruin or backtrack...you are always moving forward...you just have different paths sometimes you see if you want to follow and then you see they aren't the roads you want and get back to the main road smiling smiley
so don't stress you are just fine..get back in there and keep it up!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: NEW2raw! ()
Date: June 20, 2007 01:02AM

i guess im the first guy (@ least in this thread) to admit i have had an eating disorder. u might not be able to tell from my pic in my signature, but i used to be really overweight...and more recently underweight, and now im trying to loose weight....ANYWAYS this isnt about me its about YOU congrats!!!! you are such a strong person for going 100% raw. w/e i get a craving i try and fight it off but havent been too lucky. i kno this is kinda a given but one thing that has helped me in my transition (which im still in!) is to keep really busy, do alot but not so much you dont have enough time to make food. then you wont be able to think about it as much. and also try dehydrating its soo much like cooked food (weather permitting you can even do it outside)
-im deff not an expert in this area as im sure ea and others can attest to that, but i hope my advice (if i accually gave any) helped
peace
leibe
paix
alex

Date: June 20, 2007 10:15AM

hey there just stopping in to say hello and see how life was going today!!!
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables