Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

For My Family
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2007 02:31PM

I always try and get the best for my family. I try and buy all natural everything, organic as much as possible, and when I am able I try and make it from scratch with all organic ingredients. So I am now trying to merge more and more raw meals in our family menu.

Thus far it has proved to be challenging. My children are by no means picky eaters, and they will eat almost every fruit and vegetable raw, but when it comes to dinner they are all ready to sut down to meat and potatoes. I have been easing us into it. For instance, I made 100% organic whole grain pasta, and for the sauce I blended up grape tomatoes, cold pressed olive oil, fresh italian parsley, garlic onion and some other fresh herbs and when the pasta was done I put that on it as a sauce.It was so delicious and full on flavor,My family ate it, but they did not enjoy it like the marinara I usually make. They asked for me not to make it again.

I am finding it hard as the colder months aproach also to get my family on the raw track. They love warm soups and fresh bread and granted I pack everything with vegetables I just know that raw is the best way. Nature is always the best way.

I am looking into raw recipe books and searching on the internet for information and I am still trying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For My Family
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 16, 2007 02:50PM

Hi Drey smiling smiley welcome to the forums there is a ton of good info to keep you busy reading here for a long time smiling smiley

sounds like you are doing the right thing and cool that your family likes fruits and veggies to start at least that is one hurdle you dont have to leap smiling smiley it sounds like you are already providing as good quality food as you can to your family and thats a huge pat on the back for you !

there are lots of books out there and videos on you tube smiling smiley ..if you enjoyed the sauce you made i would suggest that continue making it and if they want meat added to eat have your husband/wife or prepare that part if thats what they want.

lead by example and others will follow if that is *their* goal smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 16, 2007 04:24PM

Maybe you can serve fruit for breakfast, veggies with dip with their lunches, and salads with their suppers for now. Just work on ensuring they have some raw foods at each meal.

Sounds like you are already feeding them a very healthy diet - not the traditional SWD.

One idea is to keep their cooked meals the same (fresh, organic, and from scratch) and just set an example by eating raw foods only yourself. They might be led to follow you by your wonderful example. But, otherwise, they might feel like they are being forced into something they don't want to do.

Just one opinion and it could be wrong. ;-)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2007 10:23AM

dear friends I have been into raw foods for several years now. Sometimes i have months on 100% and this feels great for the most part but one of the biggest stumbling blocks I have found is my own children they simply do not want to be raw no matter how much I try. The power and persuasion of family,friends, school and society in general is by far to alluring for them. Sure they eat by healther than most kids but to be honest the only successfful primary raw children I know and have met are basically isolated from society by there parents I have tried this approach to. From homeschooling or unschooling to not giving the children any cooked food options,no tv, only hanging out with other raw food kids and feeding them the healthiest nutrition i know how. But in the end unlesss your kids believe or are inspired by raw food as much as you are the chance of having happy well ballanced and healthy raw kids is slim something will crack sooner or later and they may even resent you or worse still get you into trouble with social workers informed by misguided family members, friends or school itself. I realise now to my own dissapointment we can only do this raw path for ourselves and hopefully one day we will have these thriving raw communities where it is the norm to be raw not the freek. love and light rayman

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 20, 2007 08:15PM

Well said, rayman, and it is sad but true.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables