Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

56 lbs Gone!
Posted by: rawallison ()
Date: April 29, 2006 10:06PM

I've gone through a bunch of challenges since starting raw January 1st. The good: I lost about 25 lbs the first month (wow!), lowered my blood pressure within a few short weeks, have seen my skin clear up, and even got rid of a very strange pain I was having in my tongue (my doctor said it was caused by iron deficiencey). The terrible lower back pains I had no longer plague me, and I no longer have cravings or binges- food no longer controls me!

One bad thing has been hair loss, which I think is due to my not knowing enough about nutrition. That leads to the second challenge: getting enough protein! But despite these challenges, the benefits I've experienced have outweighed the bad, and have really forced me to learn how to eat properly. Now at almost 60 lbs gone in almost 4 months, I'm already tossing out pants that are too big and fitting into new ones.

-Allison

<><><><><><>
Eating raw is a challenge for me, but it's the healthiest lifestyle I know.
See you at Raw Odyssey!
[blog.rawodyssey.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 56 lbs Gone!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 01, 2006 05:46PM

Congrats! I know the feeling of finally finding a way of eating that works in actually getting rid of the unwanted weight AND health problems.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 11, 2006 02:24PM

Congratulations on your weight loss. Have you tried drinking green smoothies for many health benefits but also for the hair loss?

Date: June 11, 2006 02:33PM

Congratulations on your weight loss. Have you tried drinking green smoothies for many health benefits but also for the hair loss?

Date: June 24, 2006 04:49AM

I think silica is needed for the hair too, isn't it?

Congrats on the weight loss! Are you finished losing weight now pretty much? I have lost 60 lbs. but over a longer period of time and still have a long way to go before I'm done losing weight!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables