Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

URGENT - Please help
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: May 05, 2008 09:50PM

Hi all,

I have this problem now and I want to know if any one can help me...

This has been going on for a few days now, off and on for a few weeks ..

I feel like I need to urinate and after I do, like in two minutes I feel like I have to go again.. This is too much at night time. Like last night, I went 6 or 7 times in like 30 minutes. After the first time, there is not much urine when I go, but I just "feel" like I have to go. I am not able to fall asleep because I feel like I need to get up and go to the bathroom.

Can any one please tell me what is happening to me.
Oh and I am NOT diabetic. I just had a physical exam and absolutely NOTHING is wrong with me. I have not been drining more water than usual. Actually I drink very little water, because I eat mostly fruits, and I have not changed my diet.

I am going to the doctor if thsi continues, but can some one please tell me if you know what causes this and if you know what I can do? Although off and on, it has been bad since yesterday.

Thanks
A Iyer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: URGENT - Please help
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 05, 2008 10:05PM

no, you have to go to a doctor or healthcare practitioner about these things, the raw food eaters here can't advise you about something like this, none of us are qualified to give a diagnosis (not to mention that the site specifically forbids that). you may have a UTI but who knows? you should see a professional if it's really bothering you. once you know what's going on people here might have suggestions or experience with the same to share with you.
best of luck.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 05, 2008 10:06PM

Male or female? Age? If you are older and have a prostate it could be that. Did you recently have a new sex partner or particularly vigorous sex? Female and menopausal, have kids through natural childbirth? You could be losing muscle tone there. Pregnant? I am just guessing.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 05, 2008 11:55PM

Sounds like you might have a Urinary Tract Infection. Drink lots of Cranberry Juice. If you see blood in your urine, you might have to go to the Doctor. Sorry. Hope you get well soon. Therese

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 06, 2008 02:02AM

coco is right on this one, you really need to see a doc. It could be anything or just a u.t.i. but just get yrself in and have a check up. You would do the same thing for yr car right?

Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: May 06, 2008 04:31PM

i find that cranberry juice doesn't work half as well as cranberry capsules

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: May 06, 2008 05:15PM

Dear all,
I don't know what it was, but I feel fine now. All I did was fast for one day. Now I am just doing green smoothies and some (little fruit). I just want to see for one day if this will "resolve" by itself, as I don't have any pain or anything, no fever or any other discomfort. I was just feeling like the bladder was full when it really was not and that freaked me out. I also thought I might have a util, but not sure. I was not very scared because only about one month ago, I had complete checkup and all was good. So anyways, now I just want to see for another day and if it comes back, I am going to the doctor. For now, I feel about 90% better.

Thanks all.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 07, 2008 02:38AM

I had same thing happen to me and I think it was small stones and grit from kidneys when I was doing high amounts of magnesium oxide and vit-c. I had a chronic pain in my groin area but could only feel the lump and when I massaged that lump I would have sharp pain..so when I did the supplements for other reasons..it was like doing mini cleanses. I had been taking the health food type apple cider vinegar for some months prior to the supplements which probably softened the stones and or helped to have some released by kidneys. Anyway..the pain did go away, and the urgency and lack of quantity of urine to pass also went away. Unless I get edema, which lately I have had..but still no pain and I feel that the stone issue is gone for now too.

I also had a numb spot on my right thigh that has been there for many many years and it grew from nickel size to silver dollar size over the 16 years..and recently that has also cleared up and I can actually now feel that part of my thigh..which is strange because when I couldn't feel it and thought about it I would be freaked out about it..but now that it's not numb it's like a normal thing..I somewhat take it for granted for some reason...maybe it hasn't sunk in that it's really gone. I think it may have been from stones from kidneys that were pressing in on nerve but anyway, you might think about a little protocol to get rid of stones, kidney stones as they are the ones that start in kidney and travel the tube to the bladder. When one or a few small ones get stuck, they can give you those symptoms.

As Coco says, we can only give you our own experiences and you take what you want and leave the rest..and if you feel you have to see a health care professional than don't let anything said anywhere impede your own intuition.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables